peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Game not short

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 5, 10 7:46 AM
I did not feel that this game is too short. I am near the end now and have been playing for about 5 hours. (Off and on). I try not to get too many hints or look at the walkthrough. Some puzzles really make you think. Only 1 hidden object scene, which will make all of you laugh. Otherwise a GREAT game and I hope that all of you with the problem with the cursor and picking up inventory items manage to get them solved ASAP! I was lucky to play without any hitches at all. Enjoy Labor Day all you Americans and have fun!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Game not short

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 5, 10 7:53 AM
I'm sure it IS a great game - if I can only figure out what's it's all about!

I'm totally lost - never knowing what I have to do or what's expected of me next. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of it .. Can someone please explain the plot .. because for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

I

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 5, 10 8:37 AM
arthurC wrote:I'm sure it IS a great game - if I can only figure out what's it's all about!

I'm totally lost - never knowing what I have to do or what's expected of me next. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of it .. Can someone please explain the plot .. because for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

I
How far have you got? Can I help in any way? I have now finished it, so if I can remember bits I will do what I can. The story unfolds as you go along, I do not normally bother with the story but I think this a quite good.Axx

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 5, 10 12:20 PM
Thanks Pegleggen.

I've just finished the demo (I only got as far as the graveyard and got stuck) and never did figure out what was going on. Either it was very difficult or I missed something very fundamental to the gameplay. I can't think it was that hard, because others here have complained that it was in fact a bit too easy! So I guess I just missed something along the way.
Anyway, I won't be buying it in case I never do figure it out, so my questions isn't relevant anymore .. but thanks for taking the time to respond.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Sep 5, 10 2:48 PM
There will be a walkthrough soon, if there isn't one already. And evidently the game has a strategy guide built in, since it shows up on the opening screen. I haven't needed any help - but can understand those who are new to adventure games might have some difficulties.

This is basically an adventure game, where you must find items to add to your inventory for use in progressing in the game. There are puzzles to solve and places to examine. You will get hints from the journal and from things that Val says. Pay attention, because you will get a lot of help that way.

Like all adventure games, look everywhere, click where you get an eye or a hand. It is a fantastic game, and I've been waiting anxiously since I played the beta. You just need to think outside the box a bit, and go with the flow. The story unfolds as you go, and you will learn a little along.

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Sep 5, 10 4:54 PM
The strategy guide link in the game opens up a link to purchase the strategy guide from BF.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 5, 10 5:15 PM
The walkthrough was posted when the game was this morning...

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nightmare-adventures-the-witchs-prison-walkthrough/

Go to: