dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

Different Planets

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 5, 10 12:50 PM
I just read through numerous comments and it seems like two versions of this game are available (sp?). The evil game and the good game. It's a tossup as to which game you get; some love it with no problems, and others (ME), have every tech problem mentioned. Weird!!!! It's like Twilight Zone.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Different Planets

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 5, 10 2:08 PM
Maybe the fishies who don't have tech problems with the game are all descendents from Anton Wystwick. It's all in the blood, mwahhahah....

Just kidding. I get the feeling this has something to do with the various versions of windows we're all running. I'm running Win7 and had no problems whatsoever.
And got the latest driver for my NVDIA videocard. That could be important, too.
Just a wild guess, I'm so not in to tech!!!!

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 2:10:34 PM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 5, 10 2:21 PM
I'm running WinXP on an older PC with an older NVidia card but with the latest drivers and my only issue seemed to be that when the game first loaded I got a really dark (almost black) screen. After about 3 seconds, it would suddenly brighten up on it's own (I already had the game's brightness levels set where I wanted them) and then there wouldn't be any problem after that. I can live with that - we can call it a non-issue

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 5, 10 5:44 PM
I'm using WindowsXP and I know nothing about videocards!! All I know is that those of us who are cursed in regards to this game must have been evil in another life and are being punished by the spirits. I can only look forward to future lives where I will be game perfect. .... But WAIT, does it get worse???? Will eternal darkness fall? Maybe next time around i will just stay away from computers or.................. maybe there will be NO computers. Hmmmmmmm. Food for thought. to all fishes.

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 5:45:08 PM PST

[Post New]by love2game2 on Sep 5, 10 11:51 PM
I am running WIN 7 as well and had have no problems. However I am new to BigFish games and I am a little confused on a topic not posted, maybe someone can help me out. I downloaded the game, trial version, as well as the stradegy guide for the 5 minutes. After 30 minutes or so I decided to buy the game and went to the "buy game" icon from the manager and went through all the steps and bought it. Now here's the problem, I then went to the stradegy guide icon and chose the " already purchased game icon and it would not load and gave an error message that is below....

An activation error (206) occurs for one of the following reasons:

•The game was purchased using a different email address and password
•The game was not purchased
•The game was previously replaced or refunded by Customer Support

So, none of these apply to me, does anyone have an anwer that can help me out. Thank you so much

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Sep 6, 10 12:10 AM
love2game2 wrote:I am running WIN 7 as well and had have no problems. However I am new to BigFish games and I am a little confused on a topic not posted, maybe someone can help me out. I downloaded the game, trial version, as well as the stradegy guide for the 5 minutes. After 30 minutes or so I decided to buy the game and went to the "buy game" icon from the manager and went through all the steps and bought it. Now here's the problem, I then went to the stradegy guide icon and chose the " already purchased game icon and it would not load and gave an error message that is below....

An activation error (206) occurs for one of the following reasons:

•The game was purchased using a different email address and password
•The game was not purchased
•The game was previously replaced or refunded by Customer Support

So, none of these apply to me, does anyone have an anwer that can help me out. Thank you so much

Hi love2game2! Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble.

Did you also purchase the strategy guide? It is a separate purchase.

[Post New]by love2game2 on Sep 6, 10 12:38 AM
AH ! what a bummer I kind of thought that was the case after looking at the page for the guide. But what I don't understand is why the error message doesnt say this. Its asking if I bought the game, assuming the game is the the game and the stradegy guide is obviously not a game but a guide. I think I will do a chat tomorrow and find out more. I need to anyway because I am still having some other Q's about the punch card thing as well. By the way thanks so much for your help and the welcome

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 6, 10 8:54 AM
Well, this is a different topic that snuck in here, but I'm glad someone is reading me. I find the walkthrough is as good as a guide. When I first started buying BF games ( at the old price of 19.95), I purchased several guides separately ,but now find them generally a waste of . Hope you see this Love2 and good luck.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 8:56:05 AM PST

Go to: