robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

2.5 with double fish hut (gold solution)

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 6, 10 1:34 PM
I got gold on 2.5 with a different solution, so in case it helps anyone, here it is. The basic strategy is to use the extra worker bonus to continually collect the 3 renewing resources (gold by the mine, wood by the sawmill, and food by the cottaage), to double upgrade the fish hut, and to choose which bridges to upgrade strategically.

Also, as others have mentioned, it's important not to pick up resources when you're already at 20 for them, since you don't have a warehouse and you'll just be wasting them. Unless, of course, they're blocking your way.

Finally, you do need to get started on the road to the exit pretty early because of the big boulders there.

1. Pick up the renewing resources and chop wood going right. Do NOT upgrade the Sawmill yet!

2. ASAP build the Fish hut. Keep working down around to the left, chopping wood. Pick up food as needed.

3. Upgrade the Sawmill.

4. As soon as the extra worker bonus is available, take it. It may not seem like he has much to do, but he'll pick up important resources. Remember to pick up the 3 renewing resources whenever they're available.

5. Upgrade the Fish hut a 2nd time.

6. Upgrade the mine. I originally tried waiting on this until later, but I kept running low on gold near the exit, so I do this now.

7. For the second bonus, use the + resources, and collect everything. After that, go back to using the extra worker bonus.

8. Build the bridge going up.

9. Start chopping wood going up. Use the extra worker to collect resources (always collect renewing resources as soon as they're available) and to "leapfrog" your regular worker in chopping wood. A worker at the cottage will leave to do the next task before the first one comes back, and this saves you a lot of time.

10. Now the big decsion--what bridge should you build first? After much trial and error, I now build the bridge at the top left first, since this provides needed food.

11. Around now you've reached 20 gold and have nothing to spend it on since you're not working boulders yet. So don't pick up gold for awhile unless it's in your way.

12. Whle one worker chops wood along the top, have the bonus worker clear the path to the bridge to the exit and pick up resources.

13. Build the bridge to the exit.

14. Pick up the gold on the exit road, although you're probably at 20 already. It's in the way.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 1:50:21 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Re:2.5 with double fish hut (gold solution)

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 6, 10 1:45 PM
15. From now on, look ahead of the worker working towards the exit and anticipate what he's going to need for the next obstacle, so you know whether to collect food or gold first.

16. Upgrade the mine again. I tried building the lower right bridge first, but then I never had enough gold to finish the road to the exit. So do the mine upgrade now.

17. Upgrade the cottage so you have two permanent workers. At this point you have a lot of distance to cover. Keep using the bonus worker bonus also. Try to "leapfrog" the exit road work if possible.

18. If you find you're ahead on resources, it's OK to send a worker to pick a far flower in the upper right or upper left. Just make sure you have enough resources for the next exit road obstacle.

19. Build the lower bridge.

20. Keep working towards the exit and collecting resources as needed. You don't need to get the 3rd permanent worker. Do collect the other far away flower as long as you have enough resources for the next exit road obstacle.

21. The last 5 exit road obstacles are two large boulders, two small boulders, and a break in the road. When you start on the first of these large boulders, the green timer bar in the upper left should be just about below the "a" in road, or even farther right if you're a faster clicker. If it is, you'll have enough time to finish as long as you keep an eye on the resources and anticipate correctly.

22. Once the worker on the exit road has started the last of the two small boulders, you can pick the two remaining flowers, the ones that are closest to the cottage.

This may take you a couple of times to get the starting sequence correct, as it's quite a bit different than other levels. If you hit the sawmill before the fish hut, or the mine before the 2nd fish hut upgrade, just start over.

Also, you really want to use the leapfrog technique going straight up chopping wood and on the exit road to the right. It's better to have a worker sitting at the cottage for a few seconds available to go out as soon as the circle is green on the next obstacle than to send him out for an extra resource you won't need until the next cycle anyway.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s. It is NOT OK to copy this to any other website. Thanks for respecting the work that went into it.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 1:55:57 PM PST

gill4g
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gill4g on Sep 6, 10 3:52 PM
Yippeeeeee!! Thank you so much Robin. Two attempts at your plan and it worked but only with seconds to spare. You have no idea how long I have been trying to get gold on this one.

[Post New]by meggieprice on Sep 6, 10 5:12 PM
I had finally managed to do this, after finding that the Walkthrough that was posted did not work for me- if only I had seen this!

I had found the Walkthrough for I so good I am surprised the new one does not work so well- for example, it doesn t even mention upgrading the warehouse for 2.6 but I really do not think that would be possible- I didn;t gold it until I used the warehouse.

You rock! You rock a 17 gold rock! Keep posting 'em ; - P

[Post New]by meggieprice on Sep 6, 10 5:44 PM
And now I find myself compelled to do it again with your guide even though I got gold already!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 6, 10 6:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words!

If you have a different solution, please post it as well. I'm sure there are several that work, although some may require quicker clicking than this one does.

Robin

[Post New]by dixiegrl91 on Sep 7, 10 4:47 PM
Thanks, Robin! Took me about 20 or 30 tries overall, but after reading your tips I got it after 5, lol!

sharzniowa
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by sharzniowa on Sep 7, 10 8:07 PM
Jiminy Cricket....took me forever to squeek by for gold on this one.....yikes!!!!!
Thanks Robin...I finished the game, now going back for gold with LOTS of help from this forum.

sharz n az now

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 12, 10 11:11 AM
I'm so glad it worked for you! This was definitely a hard level.

Robin

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 12, 10 12:03 PM
l'll try this one.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Sep 20, 10 1:50 AM
Thank You! Robin for posting this up. I was about to pull out my hair on this one!

Anyway, I'm definetly giving this a try as the walkthrough I found didn't help much at all on this level.

Again thanks.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Sep 25, 10 6:12 PM
Good luck! This was definitely the hardest strategy level for me.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 21, 10 9:34 AM
bump

KimchiGoddess
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by KimchiGoddess on Dec 12, 10 6:57 AM
Nothing special to add, just wanted to say a big thank you for help on this very tough level !

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Mar 31, 12 11:08 PM
Glad to help!

Robin

Go to: