loaded word wizard, but cannot continue-script error

[Post New]by amoada on Sep 6, 10 2:19 PM
After loading Word Wizard, get "script error". Asks if want to continue, but will not let me continue. What's this error, and how to work around it??

Re:loaded word wizard, but cannot continue-script error

[Post New]by phyllis200 on Dec 19, 10 1:23 PM
this is a waste of money if you cant use it because continually says script error what am i meant to do

[Post New]by phyllis200 on Dec 19, 10 1:25 PM
whats the point joining a forum with no means of talking aboutscript error im very dissatisfied

windmills
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by windmills on Dec 31, 10 3:24 AM
I want a crossword game I can play when not online - this was the closest I could find, so I bought it and canNOT activate due to the script error discussed above -- who knows what we can do or where a nontimed good non online crossword puzzle game can be found? I love the Sudoko game I bought from BigFish.

[Post New]by gwince1 on Jan 9, 11 6:06 AM
HAS ANYONE SORTED THIS PROBLEM YET I AM REALLY DISSAPOINTED, CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD WI=ORD PUZZLE THAT DOES LOAD PLEASE

[Post New]by TravelingFool on Jan 22, 11 12:37 AM
It worked on my other computer but now that I've downloaded it on this one, I too am getting the script error. It's a good game, but you all need to fix this.I've uninstalled, installed to no avail. Please help, really like this game.

[Post New]by campingdogs on Mar 5, 11 5:46 PM
I too get the damned script error message! Why doesn't Big Fish DO something about this problem. I even paid extra for a backup disk which doesn't help! I am pissed.

[Post New]by gelles on Mar 22, 11 9:33 AM
There are a number of suggestions related to script error under ERROR on the main page of the forum. Not sure if they work, but it might help some of you.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 22, 11 11:38 AM
Hi folks,

This help article might be of some help:

Scripting Errorst

If you'd like further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by rommum on Jun 14, 11 5:59 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hi folks,

This help article might be of some help:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=990">Scripting Errors</a>t

If you'd like further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> (you can click on this link). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Did that several times including sending screen prints of everything I sent, they just keep telling me to do the same things over and over which dont work then asked me again to send them screen prints ..duh I did that the first time I asked for help. So I cant use my BFG Game Manager so dont need an account anymore!!!! Purely due to poor technical support ..well no technical support!!

[Post New]by ncbettagal on Jun 18, 11 10:46 AM
how many people have to have this issue before it is resolved...........

[Post New]by stsandme on Jul 5, 11 2:36 PM
I tried loading and keep getting the same error everyone else mentions.
Sent a letter to them, hope they can help.

[Post New]by BFgammer on Aug 11, 11 11:06 AM
Will there ever be a fix for the scripting error? Does anyone even care that we are not getting answers??? None of the above "fixes" work... So frustruted!

[Post New]by FraDaMae219 on Nov 8, 11 5:34 PM
I installed word wizard, but couldn't continue because of script error. I uninstalled word wizard and reinstalled it, but still kept getting script error. What am I supposed to do? this game is worthless if I can't play it!!!

loaded word wizard, but cannot continue-script error

[Post New]by Boots2007 on Dec 22, 11 9:11 PM
amoada wrote:After loading Word Wizard, get "script error". Asks if want to continue, but will not let me continue. What's this error, and how to work around it??

JoAnn7
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by JoAnn7 on Mar 24, 12 7:54 AM
Hello, I purchased my Word Wizard in January of 2012 and just now attempted to play it only to get the Script Error message. I uninstalled then reinstalled, but got the same results. So I looked up Script Error on your help page and updated the required programs for my Windows Vista. But still the game will not run. I have yet to contact technical support because I have a feeling it will be a nightmare. In the past, Big Fish has always done right by me in replacing faulty games on those rare occasions that a game wouldn't work, so I hope they step up to the plate on this one. GUYS, WORD WIZARD DOESN'T WORK! So don't give me the runaround.

JoAnn7
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by JoAnn7 on Mar 24, 12 7:54 AM
Hello, I purchased my Word Wizard in January of 2012 and just now attempted to play it only to get the Script Error message. I uninstalled then reinstalled, but got the same results. So I looked up Script Error on your help page and updated the required programs for my Windows Vista. But still the game will not run. I have yet to contact technical support because I have a feeling it will be a nightmare. In the past, Big Fish has always done right by me in replacing faulty games on those rare occasions that a game wouldn't work, so I hope they step up to the plate on this one. GUYS, WORD WIZARD DOESN'T WORK! So don't give me the runaround.

JoAnn7
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by JoAnn7 on Mar 24, 12 7:57 AM

_Les
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Windows 8 instructions

[Post New]by _Les on Jun 9, 14 8:07 PM
In Windows 8, open the file explorer, select the "view" tab, and check "Hidden items." "Word Wizard Deluxe.exe" will now be visible. Right click the file and select "Run as Administrator."

I hope this works for everybody.

Go to: