Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 7, 10 12:27 AM
OK there is a way to change the format of this game so it plays the way YOU want.

Using Windows XP -

Go to -
C:\Program Files\My Kingdom for the Princess II\data\levels
Within "levels" find the files with the extension .dsc
Open it with Notepad
Then change whatever you want on that level
Close Notepad and it will ask you to Save Changes or not.
Click YES, Save Changes.

For example: Change your deadline to 2000 to give yourself plenty of time to finish! Change the number of Wolfs attacking you to 1, for those who cannot pass the wacking levels.

Cool hey? No need to thank me!

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 7:14:54 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Sep 7, 10 1:18 AM
In theory this is useful if you want an easy time but surely defeats the object. The game is designed to be a challenge; if the developers had wanted it to be easy they would have added an untimed option. Changing the format is, as you say, a cheat and as much as some levels have got me really frustrated, I wouldn't change them just to win!

But well done for even knowing how to change them!

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Win Every Level, including all Wacking Levels!

[Post New]by talentedsmile on Sep 7, 10 2:53 AM
didnt work for me wouldnt let me save it

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Sep 7, 10 5:17 PM
I really do not see the point in buying a game and then using this cheat...Is there a point in playing if you do this??

Sometimes I like to either get my girlfriend to watch me playing the level or get her to have a go and see if she can come at the level a different way.

I mean we all think differently to one another right??

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 7, 10 8:52 PM
The point is - If the Developers make the Game so hard that you can't win then I don't mind using the Cheat Sheet. After all, I paid GOOD money for this Game, and I didn't pay it so that I can only finish half the game, did I?

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 7, 10 8:53 PM
I wouldn't change them just to win!

I would and I have!

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Sep 7, 10 11:15 PM
talentedsmile wrote:didnt work for me wouldnt let me save it

me either. Am getting very frustrated trying to finish this game and its spoiling the fun of it for me

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 8, 10 12:34 AM
You're Welcome!

For those who can't Save - Are you using Notepad?

When you change the .dsc File in Notepad and then Close the File, it will ask you whether to Save the changes or not.

You have to click YES. Hope that helps!

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 12:52:34 AM PST

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Sep 8, 10 5:26 AM
First, it's just a game! I couldn't make it through the 2nd or 3rd day so it was no buy for me. That's better than some that suddenly get much harder and then I wasted my money.

I have some nerve damage and for whatever reason will never be a TM whiz. I hate games that leave me stuck (I can play Enchanting Islands but can't beat any of the Bosses).

I was totally stuck in Around the World in 80 Days until I found an edit so this is appreciated, although I probably won't buy it (too much mousing for me).

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 8, 10 5:52 AM
If your Notepad isn't Saving it may be corrupted.

Change the Worker Speed to 40 and see the little guy run for his life!

So cute!

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 6:02:24 AM PST

[Post New]by pearljann on Sep 8, 10 6:15 AM
I tried doing that, but the computer won't let me save the new file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 8, 10 7:51 AM
Maybe your Notepad Application is corrupted?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 8, 10 11:50 AM
Cherubabies, Thanks for the info. I like having the option myself. It's better than throwing my comp out the window in frustration. I'm not always on my game. Sometimes I just need to get through. Off to try it.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 8, 10 4:37 PM
I'm getting a lot of private messages from people saying that their Notepad is not Saving/not working, etc.

Notepad is the Default Text Editor that comes pre-packaged with Windows based computers. Users can open and edit documents with Notepad. If the Notepad application becomes corrupt, fails to open or was accidentally deleted, you may need to reinstall the application.

So this is how you do it -

* Insert the Windows Operating System Disc into the optical drive of your computer.

* Click START located in the System Tray at the bottom of the screen.

* Type cmd in the START SEARCH box and press the ENTER key.

* Type the Drive letter for your CD drive (ie: D: E: ) and press the ENTER key.

* Type cd i386 and press the ENTER Key.

* Type expand notepad.ex_ C:\windows\notepad.exe and press the ENTER key.

* Type expand notepad.ex_ C:\windows\system32\notepad.exe and press the ENTER key.

Cheers!

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 4:40:11 PM PST

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 8, 10 9:19 PM
Well I finished with Gold on all levels and may I say that was VERY satisfying!

Now I'm off to play Roads of Rome - really nice Graphics and Music in this Game, and YES you can Cheat again by resetting the Levels if you get stuck! Woo Hoo!

[Post New]by czechincolorado on Sep 9, 10 8:41 PM
Thank you for the cheats. On level 4 and up I can't finish with gold (though haven't had trouble to finish the levels otherwise), often I was beaten again and again by three or four seconds - so frustrating. I want to finish the castle so I appreciate a little cheating help.
Works perfectly with the notepad.
Thanks again.

[Post New]by czechincolorado on Sep 9, 10 8:49 PM
For some of us, we need to go to program files (86X).

The nice thing is that one doesn't need to restart the game after the changes in notepad. That is a big benefit.

Edited on 09/09/2010 at 8:59:10 PM PST

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Sep 9, 10 10:19 PM
Thanks Cherubabies! Kind of you to take the trouble to post this info. Besides it works perfectly, it's fun to make the levels harder!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Sep 9, 10 11:26 PM
You're Welcome!

You can play around with the levels, change less/more resources, change less/more storage, make the little guy run faster or slower, even change the music!

Enjoy!

terdog55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:* * * Ultimate CHEAT Sheet * * * Get GOLD on every Level and Pass all Wacking Levels easy!

[Post New]by terdog55 on Sep 10, 10 8:54 AM
not real computer savvy. how do i get to program files to start this procedure?lol

Go to: