bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Blooming Daisies

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 7, 10 2:39 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Blooming Daisies? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Blooming Daisies

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 7, 10 10:48 AM
Your goal is to create a garden with flowers, plants and trees. Customers can visite your garden for a price (f. e. 12 $) and walk around in your garden. You don`t have a real goal (f. e. plant three sunflowers), you make all things on your own. Some folks will like this, especially the younger players, but I don`t. I need goals and different levels in a game. The gameplay is also too slow for me. I recommend this game only for younger players and for people how haven`t played much tms or are not so good in tm-games. Happy gaming!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 7, 10 2:47 PM
This is a sweet, peaceful game that plays at a very slow pace. Tutorial walks you through digging, planting, watering and moving the items in your garden but not much else. It can take a while for visitors to show up, in the meantime, you just keep watering. When people do show up (usually 1-2 people), they just wander around smiling while you continue to water. About 20 minutes into this game, when I had a few various different things planted and walkways developed (these were the only things available to me), people would start leaving "scraps" which are impressions of what they thought. Most were positive (you can tell by the color and whether the guest looks happy or mad) but there is no way that I could find to read the scraps. I started to have 1 or 2 bad ones but since I had no way to examine them, I have no idea what that was all about. In the Help menu, it tells you that people will leave them but nothing about how to interact with them. Game controls are also very simplistic - to a detriment - for example, once you are carrying the watering can, there is no other way to drop it (that I could find) other than to switch to the shovel (which allows you a "dig" or "drop" menu). Once you choose "dig" though, your character wants to keep on digging so I don't know how you'd even get back to being able to choose drop. My impression of this game and it's controls was more like something I would have expected to see back in 2006, not 2010.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Sep 7, 10 4:07 PM
The two reviews above pretty much say everything about this game perfectly. This game might be fun for those who think TM games are too fast-paced. Me, I'm going back to Rachel's retreat

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Sep 7, 10 4:21 PM
Yep, those reviews pretty much cover it. I thought I'd like this one since most TM games are too fast paced for me, so thought this one would be right up my alley. I was bored in 10 minutes and couldn't take any more - too slow for me. Oops! There is a nice relaxing pace to the game though and some fishies will probably enjoy this a great deal!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 7, 10 5:00 PM
I've played 20 minutes of the demo so far and came to the forums to find out if it's like one endless day, or if there's any goals...? Seems the answer is yes to the first question and no to the second, so I'll play the rest of the demo with that in mind...

By the time I got to the end of World of Zellians, and started playing endless mode, I was wanting to add parks... I was tired of packing farm after farm after building after building into a limited space that had started out looking nice. So I'm trying to keep that thought in mind as I'm playing this demo too...

(By the way, dropping items and digging works like Alice Greenfingers 2 - double click on the ground to drop the watering can for instance.)

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 5:22:33 PM PST

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 7, 10 5:01 PM
Just played for a few minutes, and have to agree that this is a great game for people new to TM games. Very simplistic, but it can be fun, maybe it would be good for kids? Just not interesting enough for me. Back to Diner Dash!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 7, 10 6:35 PM
I've finished playing the demo now.

The bunny that appeared was a nice surprise.

Found that you can click on people to make their thought bubbles smile, and if they are thinking of lemonade, you can get some from the stand and bring it to them.

The ambient sounds are tied to the music, so if you turn down the music you just hear game sounds like her watering plants. The music isn't bad, just never-ending.

I think I do like it in a lot of ways. As you play, you unlock new plants and flowers, and items such as water sprinklers and park benches and lemonade stands. And it's nice to have people enjoying the park you're creating and maintaining.

I suppose if you want goals, you can try to understand the awards given out, and work for those. At first glance, the award things popping up when you're trying to water your plants just seem a nuisance lol.

Curious what other items unlock and what other wildlife shows up - birds? ducks? more fish for the pond? squirrels?

I guess it will go on my "may buy" list, after Plantasia and The Fifth Gate (thanks to its resemblance to Magic Farm, which I now really like but have played to death).

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Sep 7, 10 8:31 PM
My comments after 20 minute demo:

Yes, I only lasted 20 minutes. Game was uber

I'm not sure why this was a TM game - there doesn't seem to be a time limit. There are no orders to fill or goals to reach, you just plant a garden and hope people are happy with it. If they are - which doesn't seem too hard to do, they leave you money, but there doesn't seem to be any info on how to get them to give you more or less, except a brief profile in the help section. Every once in a while, you get a new item you can buy. Whoopee One of the trees I bought wouldn't plant - whenever I picked it up, some blue patches would appear on the screen. They'd disappear when I'd go to plant, but the darn girl just wouldn't plant them.

This is really disappointing, because I love the Fiona Finch game and have been waiting for something similar to come along. That game is beautifully done, and while it is slower-paced for a TM game, at least you have some direction on what you need to do. Blooming Daisies is very low-tech, and earns my first ever BF I want my 20 minutes back!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 8, 10 6:13 AM
I don't ever play TM games, (my fingers start hurting from too many clicks on the keys in quick successions, and I do like to scratch my nose if I need to, which I usually can't with TM games), so a slower paced TM game is just right for me.

What I wish for developers to do with TM games is to give the option to play the game without a timer. If TM games came with that option, I would have bought lots of TM games by now.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Sep 8, 10 6:37 AM
There are goals by means of acquiring certificates. ie: plant 100 flowers to get a bronze beautification certificate. 200 for silver, and so on. This game may be seen as super boring. You only ever have the one big plot of land to work on. You have to maintain the property by constantly fixing broken pavement, picking up trash, etc. I finally figured out that a sprinkler must go by every living plant so I never have to run around with a watering can anymore. I'm almost close to having every square inch covered and that took about 4 hours. I don't see much replay value. But this is a great time waster if you just need to kill a few minutes.

[Post New]by BirmanLove on Sep 10, 10 8:45 AM
It was interesting, but was kind of slow. Once I figured out how to win the awards, I had a goal, and it was a lot like playing Happyville. The one thing that really frustrates me is that I got the recycling bin, but no option to purchase, so I have no idea what happens when you win all the certificates. Too bad.

gailsgame
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by gailsgame on Sep 12, 10 9:27 PM
I actually enjoy this game. I don't like pressure as I have enough of that in my real life!

I like to plan the gardens, and I can see me designing them a different way a few times. I'm sure it will be a game I'll get bored with fairly quickly, but most of these games are like that. There isn't too much replay in them.

All in all I would suggest this game to people who like designing, rather like Roller Coaster Tycoon (only a lot smaller).

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Sep 14, 10 9:26 PM
I love time management games.

This game was pointless. I didn't find it relaxing but maybe you will.

I played it for 10 mins and then deleted it off my mahcine.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 14, 10 11:55 PM

It was kind to like a zoo tycoon game but without the animals and caring for them, without the holding areas, without the keepers.

Just the grounds keeper, the beautification of the flower beds, trees, walkways and a few lemonade stands. Oh, and messy paying visiters who were always trashing the place.

It seemed like just a practice game making exercise or maybe this was just part of it and they were really going to send us the rest of the game but it got lost in the mail.

[Post New]by Lonnwy on Sep 28, 10 10:41 AM
I do like this game, I can dip in and out when I've got a few minutes between checking emails, cooking dinner, and the various other things I've got to do in the evenings, without being tied to my computer for a whole level like on other time management games. I also like the goals, but I wish I could work out how to unlock the new plants and other stuff so that I can complete the goals, is it down to the amount of money I've got, or the visitor levels or something else that I haven't thought of yet?! :-)

Good game guys!! :-)

[Post New]by blueliza76 on Sep 30, 10 5:46 PM
I thought I was really going to like this game.....so I bought it. It freezes up on me, half the time it doesn't let you deliver the tshirts, food etc. to the people. It has become very frustrating and I am sorry I bought it. If it worked right it would be a pretty good game.

[Post New]by mekajiki on Dec 4, 10 9:31 AM
I do like this game, in my opinion, it has bright colors, nice graphic and everything the sound is good, too. But one thing that I can't bear with it is the too large background and you can't zoom out to see all of your park when you want T_T . I don't know if there's anybody like me, but I always feel so dazzeled when trying to move here and there to care for all the park. And one more thing, I can't buy the recycling bins to have the certification =_= ~ Seems like it's in the shop in too short period, and I just don't regconize it until I check my overview and wanna buy some.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 23, 11 3:22 PM
Lisa522 wrote:people would start leaving "scraps" which are impressions of what they thought. Most were positive (you can tell by the color and whether the guest looks happy or mad) but there is no way that I could find to read the scraps.
They're on the same Overview screen where you set the prices for garden entry, lemonade, etc., the second illustration on the download page. The button's in the lower left corner.

And you can tell what they want by the icons in their balloons--to get a lemonade, look at a bench (w/o sitting down, which is insane), have trash picked up or a loose brick fixed, ...

I'm not going to buy the game, but it was pleasant for the hour demo. I, too, found the controls confusing and annoying, but ultimately workable.

[Post New]by dolphinette on Jun 25, 12 8:06 AM
I like this game when I feel the need to just chill and not play a really fast paced game this is the one I play.

Go to: