bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

New version available for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison - September 7th 2010

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 7, 10 2:53 AM
We have a new version of Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Lagging issues with the cursor

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:New version available for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison - September 7th 2010

[Post New]by samisgram on Sep 7, 10 3:20 AM
Glad to hear the problem is fixed...looks like a good game. It would have been nice if the fix happened during the sale. I would have bought this game during the sale if it wasn't for the glitches.

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 3:21:01 AM PST

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:New version available for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison - September 7th 2010

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 7, 10 3:23 AM
Hey BFG ur awesome !! I purchased the game because I could play on my computer @ work without any cursor issues and on the basis that I had faith that you would come up with a fix so I could play on my computer @ home and you did !! Thanks so much it looks like such a cool game !! Cheers and happy gaming fishies !!

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Sep 7, 10 3:59 AM
A big thumbs up to the developer, Ghost Ship, for coming up with a fix so quickly! Just two days after its official release! They must have worked nonstop to fix it, especially since they're only a two-man team. Way to go, Tim!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Sep 7, 10 4:15 AM
dvdiva wrote:A big thumbs up to the developer, Ghost Ship, for coming up with a fix so quickly! Just two days after its official release! They must have worked nonstop to fix it, especially since they're only a two-man team. Way to go, Tim!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 7, 10 4:17 AM
Hooray! The developers and you folks at BFG deserve a big THANKS for working this problem out. Just re-downloaded the game and it's running like "gangbusters!" Good job with all the trouble-shooting!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Sep 7, 10 5:01 AM
Wahooo, thanks to the developers and BFG! Update didn't show up in Game Manager, but clicked on manually and downloaded. I started a new profile cause there was lots of inventory at the first part to pick up. I used the custom cursor with no problems through opening the gate. I did go ahead and buy yesterday in good faith that BFG would get it fixed. Thanks for the fix so quickly!

[Post New]by christinesav on Sep 7, 10 6:03 AM
Brilliant - have downloaded the updated version and it works perfectly.
A VERY big thank you to all at BFG for sorting this out so quickly.
I am now very pleased with myself for purchasing yesterday at the sale price, even though the game had problems.
I knew BFG would come through with a solution!
Many thanks to ALL concerned.

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Sep 7, 10 9:03 AM
I also bought in good faithm Thanks big fish.

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Sep 7, 10 9:22 AM
Yeah! I am happy to see it fixed so soon. I have been saving my credit!

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Sep 7, 10 9:29 AM
Bought because was on sale. No problems with installation although cursor continues to be a bit wiggly and absolutely do not like the way the inventory items are stored.

Great graphics and fun story BUT is NOT a HOG! Since I am one of those severely challenged by all but the simplest puzzles, the constant need to solve them became quite trying. Yeah! for the ability the skip them.

IF a player loves puzzles, this is the game for him/her.

hide3brain
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

New version available for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison - September 7th 2010

[Post New]by hide3brain on Sep 7, 10 10:20 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:We have a new version of Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Lagging issues with the cursor

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1245"> Game Updates in the Game Manager</a>

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

I noticed the technical thread on this game was closed down. The fact is a defective game went on sale. Is that why it was on sale? If that's not the reason than the (corrected) game should go on sale again because I'm sure that for every person who wrote in the forum there are many others who question the quality of the testing and won't buy a problem game depending that they'll get a patch.

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Sep 7, 10 10:35 AM
Thanks BFG and developers for a quick fix. I bought this yesterday and also had problems with the jerky cursor. Today I uninstalled and reinstalled and the game is running perfectly.

I'm really enjoying the story, mini games and all aspects of this game. I bought this on sale, but would definitely have used a credit.

I'm looking forward to any other games you may develop in the future.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 7, 10 10:40 AM
I bought this game and loved it, despite the cursor/inventory problems - and I would not have regretted it, even if they had been unable to fix the problem. The game is just that good

Still, I am thrilled that it's been fixed and look forward to finishing it tonight (assuming that the kids and housework give me enough time to do so )

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 7, 10 11:46 AM
I endorse all the comments above and thanks to all concerned for the fix. I've downloaded the revised version and played what was left of my free time. Will definitely buy. Would have been nice to have it in time for the sale but I wasn't confident enough to buy before the fix so I guess I will have to pay the extra; it's worth it. For me, it is the best new game for a long time. It's not the game for "straightforward HOG" adicts but if like me you prefer the games where you have to find out what to do it's a must.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 7, 10 12:40 PM
hide3brain said : "I noticed the technical thread on this game was closed down. The fact is a defective game went on sale. Is that why it was on sale? If that's not the reason than the (corrected) game should go on sale again because I'm sure that for every person who wrote in the forum there are many others who question the quality of the testing and won't buy a problem game depending that they'll get a patch."

Get a grip hide3brain - I bought the game over the weekend and played with no problems. Not everyone had problems. They tried hard to fix it in a timely fashion and should get Kudos for that not more grousing.... Quit it.

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 12:41:47 PM PST

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Sep 7, 10 12:49 PM
Well done all you at BFG. Problems are solved and very quickly too.

[Post New]by SunneDaye on Sep 7, 10 3:15 PM
I tried to delete and reinstall this game, but I get message that trial has expired. I only played for a few minutes because of the problems with lagging, etc. How do I get to play the free trial?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 7, 10 5:26 PM
SunneDaye wrote:I tried to delete and reinstall this game, but I get message that trial has expired. I only played for a few minutes because of the problems with lagging, etc. How do I get to play the free trial?

I had this problem a couple of times in the past and here is what the BFG CS rep told me to do:
1) Uninstall the game
2) Uninstall the BFG Game Manager (in Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel)
3) Download and install the game again (which will also re-install the BFG Game Manager)

When you are done doing that, you should have your trial time! I have used this method successfully twice and if you have Hi-Speed connection, it doesn't really take that long.

I hope this helps you out!!

shadowfax

[Post New]by Tassygirl1958 on Sep 7, 10 7:54 PM
Thank you to whomever was responsible for the quick fix on this game. I just finished playing the trial version and it is terrific!

It does make me realize that when there are technical issues with a game, such as a horrible custom curser it is more often than not an issue with the game and not the computer!

BFG please be more diligent when creating these games...make sure you have ironed out the bugs before putting the game "out there". The situation with this game brought to light that it shouldn't be that difficult to make a prime product in the first place rather than assembly lining the games, providing a sub-standard product and then having to scramble to fix it!

That being said...I love you BFG and thank you for the awesome games you provide us die-hard gamers

Go to: