bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 7, 10 9:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 8, 10 2:49 AM
My cursor only "floated" a few times and I was able to finish the game, but was hard to enjoy it with all the problems/bugs I had. I was hoping the patch would fix them but it did not. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and installing the update. Nothing fixed my issues, only the cursor issue was fixed. I still am having the following problems:

1) The Music and sound has a static/skipping/clicking sound, it starts when game opens and stays that way all throughout the game.

2) If I adjust the music in options menu to a lower level I lose all music and sound and must exit game and reopen to get all my sound back. So I had to play at default levels.

3) While playing I would lose all music and sound at random. Mostly when I clicked on a puzzle or something to look at that opens a "Pop-up" box (the same ones that open for puzzles). If I clicked menu, then main menu, then return to game the sound and music was back (still with the static/skipping/popping) but it continually happened randomly all through the game.

When I did the update a couple new problems occurred:

1) When I click play now in the Game Manager, the game opens and it forces my game manager to shut down. When I exit game it reopens game manager to give me the "play again" menu in the Game Manager.

2) When I try to use the window key the minimize game and look at walk through online it will sometimes keep sending me back to the game and I have to exit game all together to view walk through.

3) Game randomly freezing on exit. Ctrl-Alt-Delete did not work had to do manual shut down.

I'm playing on a Dell Vostro 1700 Laptop
Windows XP
Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 250GHz,
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics card
Running AVG for anti-virus and have the game "allowed" shutting down anti-virus, IE and all other running programs, did not help any of my issues either.

I've only had one other minor problem with a game before, my laptop was built for gaming and this game was so buggy it took me 2 days to finish it and most audio was not working, a shame because I loved the story/style of this game and wish I could have enjoyed it more with audio working correctly and no bugs.

Anyone else have any of these issues or with all audio??

EDIT: I see in reviews some did have music trouble..still wondering if as bad as mine was losing all sounds not just music.

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 1:36:46 PM PST

CCGB
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by CCGB on Sep 8, 10 4:33 AM
Couldn't get the cursor to point where directed. Using Vista Home, Bamboo graphics pad (although experienced same problems when I tried a mouse), Dell XPS 420. Uninstalled game.

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Sep 8, 10 6:00 AM
I am still getting the grey stripes in the caretakers house. As said before, NOT the first game this has happened with.

Since this didn't get fixed with the patch, it looks like a no-buy for me. Very disappointed, as it seemed like just my kind of game.

/strilf, over and out

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Sep 8, 10 6:25 AM
When the game is released at other portals, try it again. Sometimes a game released here will not run for me no matter what I do, or what BFG suggests. But, yet, when I download it somewhere else, usually the #2 Portal, it runs perfectly.

This game is way too good to give up on!!!

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by sbyrd on Sep 8, 10 9:44 AM
Game will not play on my computer...all I get are lots of weird colors and squiggles

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Bird Room Number Puzzle

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Sep 8, 10 1:27 PM
I accidently slid one of the tiles to the top right of my screen, and it's locked in place. Unfortuneately, it's exactly where the "Go Back" link is, so of course I go back - over and over and over.

I had to skip the game.

Eury
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Eury on Sep 8, 10 4:04 PM
I've also had sound troubles. I can't hear any music and the sound effects are very faint. Will they be fixing this? Can't buy until they do. AND I'm chomping at the bit!!

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Sep 8, 10 4:28 PM
After I play this game for about an hour and forty-five minutes, it suddenly crashes; throwing a 'program incompability' error (running Vista Premium), even if I set it to run as XPSP2, the same error occurs. This hardware is HP HDX, which is built for gaming; I have this issue on several BF games, including some large files. Unfortunately this error does not occur during the one hour demo, it happens after being played for well more than an hour. I guess no more BFGs for me.

RinneAlex
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by RinneAlex on Sep 8, 10 4:28 PM
strilf wrote:I am still getting the grey stripes in the caretakers house. As said before, NOT the first game this has happened with.

Since this didn't get fixed with the patch, it looks like a no-buy for me. Very disappointed, as it seemed like just my kind of game.

/strilf, over and out

Same here... I was looking forward to this, but when you can't see the screen, what's the point? I managed to get past the living room with the stripes using a couple of hints, but the lottery ticket screen does the same thing, so not for me

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Sep 8, 10 9:20 PM
Eury wrote:I've also had sound troubles. I can't hear any music and the sound effects are very faint. Will they be fixing this? Can't buy until they do. AND I'm chomping at the bit!!

Exact same thing is happening to me. I did buy the game and after about the first hour it started happening to me. The cursor issue is now passe' so that's a plus! Just the sound one now. Other than that all is well and it is an enjoyable game!

Happy Gaming Fishies!

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Sep 8, 10 9:32 PM
RinneAlex wrote:
strilf wrote:I am still getting the grey stripes in the caretakers house. As said before, NOT the first game this has happened with.

/strilf, over and out

Same here... I was looking forward to this, but when you can't see the screen, what's the point? I managed to get past the living room with the stripes using a couple of hints, but the lottery ticket screen does the same thing, so not for me

Same here... I'm still getting the stripes in the caretaker's house also on the main screen when the game first loads. Originally I thought that was how it was supposed to be until I saw the caretaker's house. What's the point of putting through a fix when it didn't fix the problem? This is a huge disappointment. I would have loved to buy this game too but I'm not buying something that I can't play.

[Post New]by katep1013 on Sep 9, 10 9:04 AM

I had the bouncing cursor problem and downloaded the update. But now, the game won't even open and my computer screen continues blinking until I restart. Anyone else having this issue with the update?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 9, 10 9:51 AM
Hey Fishies,

Bouncing cursors, game crashes and sound issues can sometimes relate to updates that may be needed for your system. Please take a look at the following help article to see if checking for updates will help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already done this, it would be very helpful if you could write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report while specifying the portion of the game that you're experiencing the error. Dr. Felix is a report that gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information and it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. It will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To get in touch with a rep, click on the green envelope then click "Contact Us" on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by klspet on Sep 9, 10 2:50 PM
RinneAlex wrote:

/strilf, over and out

[Post New]by klspet on Sep 9, 10 3:04 PM
The same thing happened to me. Ive never had this happen to any game before ..Even with Dr Felix BFG could not fiqure it out .. they gave me a refund coupon but I really wish they could hav.e given me an answer. Looks like agreat game if it would just work

[Post New]by tangeljasper on Sep 9, 10 11:07 PM
My biggest problem with the game is that I have to restart over and over. My game never saves when I exit. I am downloading the Dr. Felix as suggested and filing a report. Love the game but really tired of starting over and over again.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 10, 10 8:08 PM
I purchased the game and everything was working fine. I had to leave the game and when I came back, it started me at the beginning, except that now nothing is working. The screen shows I need to do things, but the words on the screen say I have already completed the tasks.

[Post New]by A_Brame on Sep 10, 10 9:01 PM
The game froze for me during one of the scenes. Also in the puzzle where I had click on the ruby, emerald, and diamond, the first few times I tried it they would not move when I clicked on them. I returned to it later and that mini game worked fine.

JosCafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JosCafe on Sep 11, 10 6:01 AM
Game still won't load on my Vista Dell Inspiron 1525

Screen just flashes.

Go to: