bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 8, 10 12:05 AM
When the Gates of Fate send Alex and Lisa back in time, each to a different decade, they must figure out how to return to the present, and each other, before a rumbling volcano spews its contents! Guide Lisa as she befriends a local girl, searches for the magic tiles that can send her home, and leaves clues for Alex to find in the future. Discover The Treasures of Mystery Island 2, and use your Hidden Object skills to save the day!

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Gates of Fate

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Sep 8, 10 12:23 AM
THIS IS AN OLD GAME. I BOUGHT IT BACK IN FEBRUARY OF THIS YEAR FROM BIG FISH. ANY ONE ELSE?

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 8, 10 12:24 AM
Unfortunately I had to uninstall before playing. I can only play with my primary mouse buttons switched and this game won't let me do it. I have an arthritic condition in my hand that forces me to switch primary mouse buttons. Bummer that there are games here that won't take my mouse settings.

Everyone that can play, enjoy

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 8, 10 12:26 AM
Pinky559 wrote:THIS IS AN OLD GAME. I BOUGHT IT BACK IN FEBRUARY OF THIS YEAR FROM BIG FISH. ANY ONE ELSE?

I thought this looked familiar but since this is a new forum I thought I was wrong. Did they rename it perhaps???

anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by anki6969 on Sep 8, 10 12:30 AM
I hit the buy button immediately! The first one is on my top ten ever!
I did the demo on the home site and it´s not as good as the first one but it grows as further you play.

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Sep 8, 10 12:39 AM
This looks like a sequel to Treasures of Mystery Island, issued in 2008. Did you possibly beta test it, or it seems familiar because you recently played the first game?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Sep 8, 10 12:44 AM
This is new to me! The original is one of my all-time favorite games so I can't wait to play this one.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 8, 10 12:59 AM
This is a new one, a sequel to the first. I bought it already from the dev site. it is a good one, similar to the first.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Sep 8, 10 1:16 AM
CasualGran wrote:
Pinky559 wrote:THIS IS AN OLD GAME. I BOUGHT IT BACK IN FEBRUARY OF THIS YEAR FROM BIG FISH. ANY ONE ELSE?

This is a NEW game and the sequel of part 1. This is a very, very good game also, so to read this comment as the first on the list was rather annoying.

Well put CasualGran.....I liked the first one, which was sort of weird since I don't like FROG's. Played the game on the developers site a few weeks ago and was waiting for BFG to get it so I could buy it.

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 1:16:45 AM PST

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Sep 8, 10 1:21 AM
For us relative "newbies", what is a FROG, please?

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 8, 10 1:30 AM
Fragmented HOG. It's in pieces, and you have you have to find them.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Sep 8, 10 1:32 AM
i too like it
will use my credit for it
still on my demo
think i prefer the first one better
but we shall see
i love FROG games
they are my favs
for the newbie who asked the question what are FROGS
they are fragmented objects to find
ie you have to find 5 or 6 pieces of an item
ie an axe
hope this helps

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 8, 10 1:34 AM
Unfortunately for pinky559, that initial posting is wrong. This "Treasures..." is a brand new sequel to the first one, which was a gem. Then this game is two gems! I got it the day it was released at the developer's website. It'll probably play about twice as long as the first. Get it without delay!

P.S. Nice closing comment, CasualGran!

P.P.S. Rather large-file uncompressed download though--about 500 MB, so it takes some time to d/l and install, but WELL worth it!

Edited on 09/08/2010 at 1:40:33 AM PST

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Sep 8, 10 1:41 AM
I have been waiting for this sequel for a long time. I really liked the first one which is unusual for me because my favorites are dark and creepy games. I played this one for about 20 minutes and bought it. I't very similar to the first in the series.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Sep 8, 10 1:51 AM
Hi everyone!!

I have been waiting for this game to come!! I beta tested this. I liked the 1st one and this one is just as good. I had one punch card credit left from last month, so I used it on this game. The graphics are great, the music isn't too bad. It's fun to play. Some of the pieces are small and a little hard to find, but that is a part of the game. Make it a little challenging. I don't like objects that are shown so overtly placed that. you can't miss them. I like having to look for them.

The game took me right to where I left off. I think I'll start all over and play it more relaxed.

I hope all of you enjoy your day.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 8, 10 2:04 AM
I beta-tested this one too, and back then I hadn't very good comments about it. I must have had an off-day, because I like it much more now. I'm glad the dev's worked on the grammar, because it was 'not so good' in the beta. I remember commenting 'the puzzles are too easy'. Some still are, but others either have been worked on or my smarts have left me . Still got about 15 minutes of demotime left, so I'm off to the island! This one might be worth a credit.
(Still waiting on the release of Guardian: The Ten. Betatested that one a few days after this one and liked it a lot).

budordee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by budordee on Sep 8, 10 2:27 AM
I just can't see all the enthusiasm for this game. It was either pointing you which way to go, telling you what to do, etc, or it left you hanging! I also like games with FROG, and ones that you have to go from one point to another to get what you need, put it all together and find a clue -- that wasn't a problem this just felt disjointed to me. Won't be buying it.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 8, 10 2:49 AM
What a nice today surprise to see this game as a TGT today. The first part is one of my favourites. I am off to downloading now. Can`t wait to play this game

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 8, 10 3:37 AM
The Treasures of Mystery Island was the first game. This is a sequel.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 8, 10 4:22 AM
I sometimes read the strangest comments in here.

I somehow missed the first game entirely, so thanks to all of you that gave it such glowing praise, I'll check that out tonight after work. I was on a buying spree last month and have four credits that are burning a hole in my cyber-pocket.

Go to: