bluesruley2k
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

The secret to a good hand...

[Post New]by bluesruley2k on Sep 8, 10 8:08 PM
Just fold! You'll get an awesome hand practically every time!

Re:The secret to a good hand...

[Post New]by imincognito1 on Dec 2, 10 6:29 PM
you have to do alot of bluffing in this game they do when someone raises I reraise most of the time they fold

kliky
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by kliky on Dec 21, 10 9:04 PM
The secret to a good hand is............... NOTHING!! These donkeys bet and raise on stupid donkey hands like 9/2, 7/4, 6/3 and usually hit a straight or a flush and beat your good starting hand!!! This game is a complete joke!!!

chazzer47
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by chazzer47 on Dec 24, 11 12:35 PM
Your right about folding. You hardly ever get a good hand dealt out if you stay in. I have had a pair of aces as my down cards and watched a guy who wouldn't drop holding a 7 and a 2 as his down cards get dealt two 7's as the last cards by the dealer to beat my pair of aces which never got any help. This computer player knew that my aces were not going to get any help and that he had a 3 of a kind on the way! This example has happened so many times I lost count! Game is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill. I was once making progress till I was in a city playing for the star to challenge for the riverboat. EVERY time it got down to about 15-20 players left out of the original 80 or so players the games would freeze up. The guy who won the hand would leave table with message at bottom of screen saying "players are changing tables". The other dorks left at the table, including my figure, were just sitting there looking around and doing nothing. No way to advance. I have a horse so why can't I ride on to the "unreachable" cities to the east? As to the person who answered bluffing to get a good hand or payout: it doesn't work! The other players know what your down cards are so if you are due a good hand after getting a couple of good cards dealt down to you they will all fold! If you think I am wrong just try it, or you somehow got a slightly different version of the game than I did. [And it's the premium version as well.

Edited on 12/24/2011 at 2:15:19 PM PST

diz5
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by diz5 on Jan 22, 12 1:30 PM
You are probablly right. Hoowever I kept selling property until I had enuf to play and WIN the RR so I can go up the list to try challenge the Governor. I took a looong time.

[Post New]by annabelleblu on Mar 12, 12 8:53 PM
chazzer47, the other players do not know what your hole cards are. I have raised after the river and won. If the other players knew what my hole cards were, they wouldn't have called knowing that they would lose. Sometimes the cards are just dealt that way. After all, a pair of aces is still only a pair and doesn't ever guaranty a win even in a live game with real people.

allie_katt
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by allie_katt on Mar 13, 12 10:23 PM
True, but what chazzer47 is saying (and I have experienced the same thing) is that often the other players will bet, and even bet heavily and refuse to fold, when they have absolutely nothing in their hands, and then on the turn and river they'll manage a 3 of a kind or something like that. It's as if they knew that they were going to win right from the beginning.

[Post New]by laurieplayer on Apr 11, 12 7:39 PM
chazzer47 is a poor llloooooser crybaby loooooser....

Floraws
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Floraws on May 20, 12 7:11 PM
Well, after many days of playing (almost 500, gee) and learning by myself, I've reached some conclusions. First of all, you will have to buy all of the houses you can... and I mean all. Don't pay attention on your bad reputation, it wont hurt you in any way. Just stay, sleep and buy the houses. Then you can of course play, and if you lose, do not sell houses. Go to sleep and gather enought money to play. That is the first rule in this game, at least from what I have been taught by the game itself. Second: yes, you have to raise at the beginning of the game, specially if you have a face card. Most of the time the others will fold. If one of them pays, then check to preserve your money. Third: pay special attention to the player at your left; if he is alone against you and bets, raise. Ninety percent of the times he/she will fold. The river boat is a very difficult challenge; I tried to win it several times, had to sleep and gather more money... but in the end I got it.
So, Chazzer is right when he says the game is rigged. It is, but it is conceived to help you learn how to play. Yes, there are donkey players; yes, sometimes it really sucks when you lose your AA to three deuces right on the river. But in the end, if you follow these simple suggestions, you will be able to play better. That is my opinion, of course.

[Post New]by robbierobs on Jul 1, 12 7:05 AM
The problem is that you'll never know if a hand is good or not. Since you don't know what's going to land up on the table

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Jul 9, 12 10:21 PM
robbierobs wrote:The problem is that you'll never know if a hand is good or not. Since you don't know what's going to land up on the table

In real life, that's why they call it "gambling"...

I realize in the game that we may not know what's coming, but sometimes it does seem that the AI players do...but then, I would also NEVER assume that just because I can win this game I'm a good enough player to play for real money.

It's a game. If it isn't fun any more, it's time to stop playing for a while.

[Post New]by thegov on Jan 4, 13 12:46 AM
if you just play the best 50% of all starting hands, and ALWAYS raise, its super easy. The computor must be set to randomly throw out a bluff and reraise you. just come over the top. they will fold. they cant see your hole cards, they dont know what is coming (though i'm pretty sure that the software is set to put bad beats on you, but MOSTLY if you try to slow play) i havent went bust in the game since like the first few days i played, and i have over 230k profit. the only thing is, that i cant find the top 3 notorious players.. i have no idea which tournaments i havent won yet.

Go to: