Senior Citizens sign in!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,313 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 11, 17 5:26 AM
Walmart does that because it has the side effect of reducing shoplifting. Some psychological thing.

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 11, 17 5:48 AM
I have no idea how that would stop shoplifting,maybe they should all do what Costco do, check everything in your trolley against the receipt on the way out, if you have nothing to hide, no dramas. It works and the fact it works, saves us all money not having to pay extra for goods overall to cover theft. Wish all shops would do it like that. That might stop the thieves in their tracks.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,313 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 11, 17 8:17 AM
The article I read about it was that those entering the store and being greeted in a friendly fashion by an employee were less likely to shoplift. Feeling guilty perhaps? I did not read a scientific article on this so it could all be hogwash. And even peer reviewed articles aren't always reproducible of course.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 11, 17 9:17 AM
Note to all:

Please check out my post on the "Suggested Improvements" thread.

Thanks
Fish

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 11, 17 4:10 PM
Hi Fish. I will have a go at sorting the improvements list later, just not got time this morning, but am happy to sort it when I have a few hours to spare later. Unless anyone else does it in the meantime that is.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
672 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 11, 17 5:51 PM
I have added Lima to the resources for monuments list, has anyone done all 3 levels so I can add those details?

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 11, 17 5:58 PM
Thanks Jules!!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
672 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 12, 17 4:09 PM
I just realised that in Lima the more difficult levels involved the dreaded big gummies to be exploded and now in Vladivostok it is heaps of line crushes to be made. I think back in Boston it was bombs, has anyone else noticed this?

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 12, 17 9:33 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say I've also recently twice had my last move as a winning move but GD callled it a loss. I'm in New Delhi.

Also at least twice, I've created a lightning bolt only to see the gummies drop but no lightning bolt created. I've been playing almost since the game came out, so it wasn't a lack of understanding about board shapes or how gummies fall. Anyone else see this?

Hi everyone! This is a fun thread you have going here.

snowmanvt
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 13, 17 4:12 AM
Lawaters: See my post from September 7, 5:54 pm. Happened twice to me in Vladivostok.

lawaters
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by lawaters on Sep 13, 17 7:12 AM
SnowmanVT: Yes, it was your post I saw first. That's why I wanted to pop in and say I had that happen too.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 13, 17 8:52 AM
Re: Vladivostok
I just noticed that when shipping resources you have the option to ship to either your current city OR Vladivostok.

I guess I usually hit the"send" button so quickly that I don't pay that much attention. Did anyone else notice this, or am I the only "stupid" one?

Fish

GamingGrampa
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 13, 17 9:20 AM
Nah fish, I wouldn't say stupid. I actually noticed it back when they did the free trip to Rio, but since it stays locked on your current city it's not a problem.

keitht53
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 13, 17 12:35 PM
fishfinder246 wrote:Re: Vladivostok
I just noticed that when shipping resources you have the option to ship to either your current city OR Vladivostok.

You would find the same thing if you had used travel vouchers to visit other cities. Any of those which you can still access will also show on the list.

kevuar
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kevuar on Sep 14, 17 6:33 AM
Reading some of the posts and see that some folks had issues getting through Havana and glad to see they got through. It is trying and guess we seniors just keep trying till we get it. Hard not to get discouraged when you get this far but glad to see I am not the only one. Thanks for those you put their comments on and wish me luck to
finish and travel on.
Have a happy Gummy day!

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 14, 17 8:11 AM
re: the suggested improvements post I am working on. Its nearly done, will post it all tomorrow, but its now after 1am here, I am going to bed, have had enough for today. Its been quite a big task to get my head around all the rewording, double ups of requests, all that stuff. I want to re read it all through properly and make and adjustments before I put it up there and make sure its all ok etc. But have enjoyed doing it all the same. Good night everyone.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 14, 17 9:23 AM
Thank you from myself and on behalf of all the seniors for doing this for us. I'm sure it's been a lot of work for you.

We appreciate it so much!!!

Fish

keitht53
Herring
Herring
326 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 14, 17 12:47 PM
fishfinder246 wrote:Thank you from myself and on behalf of all the seniors for doing this for us. I'm sure it's been a lot of work for you.

We appreciate it so much!!!

Fish

I'll second that :-)

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
672 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 14, 17 2:00 PM
Anyone else having trouble recognising timed levels - or is it just me? When you look at the level requirements it does not tell you but then it only tells you beside the big circle tick. I only ever seem to see the tick and only realise I am on timed when I see the extra times pop up. Why could the time details not be put with the level requirements??

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 2:01:21 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,313 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 14, 17 4:11 PM
I don't know if it is there or not, but I'm being surprised after starting a board a lot more often now than I was a few weeks ago. Possibly it just looks different and I am not noticing the new symbol.

Edit: moves vs timed is clearly marked on the first info screen about a level, but is missing from the second one.

Edited on 09/14/2017 at 4:15:16 PM PST

Go to: