bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 9, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by patticakeslappin on Sep 10, 10 6:24 AM
can't tie the razor to the stick. how?

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Candigirl1 on Sep 10, 10 7:02 AM
I can't either

finsbury
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by finsbury on Sep 10, 10 7:15 AM
just pick it up and it will tie itself giving you a stick with a knife attached

[Post New]by Sunbow on Sep 10, 10 5:46 PM
Is there something I'm supposed to do with the rag, the stick and the razor? I don't seem to be able to figure this out...

[Post New]by Maxmum on Sep 11, 10 3:49 AM
I have no hints button in the game. Where is it?

[Post New]by queenbea77 on Sep 11, 10 4:47 AM
Me neither - I'm only running the 1 hour free trial right now. Are hints only available when you purchase the game? I've got the razer, stick and string on the bench but whenever I pick up the razer it automatically goes back to the bench - it doesn't "tie" itself to the stick.

BOBO119
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by BOBO119 on Sep 11, 10 6:41 AM
what is going on with the razor stick and string...nothing happens when I try to put them together...I know it has something to do with uleashing the dog

[Post New]by cateyea on Sep 11, 10 7:41 AM
click on the razor to open it then put it on the stick

[Post New]by texlone on Sep 11, 10 8:04 AM
hello,i got to the boiler,lit the fire and got the boiler parts on.....BUT the bpoiler wont start when i press the blue start button........any advise from somebody TY

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Sep 11, 10 8:30 AM
Blah. Urk. The trouble with thgames that involve logic is that they always involve someone else's logic. "You need a tool to do this.:" YOu need to put something through this."

I need to be involved in the game before I get closed out by frustration.

[Post New]by grandmaellie on Sep 11, 10 8:31 AM
I have tried to combine the stick/pole with the brush to make it long enough but it won't combine. So how do I make the brush long enough to scrub moss off of the fountain?

UGH!!! Never mind I found the table with the violin and string.

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 9:25:36 AM PST

[Post New]by carol_griffith on Sep 11, 10 8:57 AM
it won't let me put the glue on the pool cue....any suggestions? Re-downloading now

gntpat
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by gntpat on Sep 11, 10 3:45 PM
I cant poke the key out of the bedroom door so it will fall onto the newspaper. I need to get into that room.

[Post New]by zzmel2 on Sep 11, 10 3:59 PM
I was able to tie the razor blade to the stick which incidentally took me a long time. I haven't purchased the game as of yet but at this point I am unable to find out how I can distract the dog so I can go into the house. Any suggestions. There is no hint button, at least in the trial run. If I am unable to find out how to release the dog, I will be unable to go on with the game. Meanwhile, it looks interesting and would like to buy it. Any help please?

Mel

[Post New]by nhkitty2005 on Sep 11, 10 4:04 PM
Is this coming out for mac soon? I tried to get it to download on my PC, but kept getting errors (Vista system)

[Post New]by osidewood on Sep 11, 10 4:07 PM
you have to fill the bucket with water from the drains and put it in the hole next to the bench and a ball will float up..pick up the ball and put it on the dog..he'll run..then you cut the rope with the razor

mdamlady
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdamlady on Sep 11, 10 10:05 PM
Is any one having some graphics issues with this game? It starts out fine, but after a couple of clicks it goes all pixeled. I can escape the game and come back and it will be fine then it does it again. I have updated graphics drivers and am on a Vista!!

Is there some drivers that I might need for this game?

What's up?

[Post New]by oakridge16 on Sep 12, 10 10:23 AM
queenbea77 wrote:Me neither - I'm only running the 1 hour free trial right now. Are hints only available when you purchase the game? I've got the razer, stick and string on the bench but whenever I pick up the razer it automatically goes back to the bench - it doesn't "tie" itself to the stick.

[Post New]by oakridge16 on Sep 12, 10 10:27 AM

oakridge16 wrote:
queenbea77 wrote:Me neither - I'm only running the 1 hour free trial right now. Are hints only available when you purchase the game? I've got the razer, stick and string on the bench but whenever I pick up the razer it automatically goes back to the bench - it doesn't "tie" itself to the stick.

I had the same problem, what happened to me is I kept going back and forth trying to get the string to tie the razor, well after some time it finally worked, I didn't do anything that I know of but it finally worked, just keep going back and forth and it will finally work..

Go to: