wylykat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

yellow flag on level 26

[Post New]by wylykat on Nov 12, 08 11:23 AM
After trying alot of ways to get the yellow flag on level 26, I'm still missing it. How can you finish this level with the yellow flag?

Edited on 11/12/2008 at 11:24:29 AM PST

Re:yellow flag on level 26

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Nov 13, 08 12:54 AM
This level took me a while to crack, too. This is one method:

Put one scholar on the academy and one on the city guild. You need both of these upgraded. Later you can add a defender and another scholar to speed up the upgrade. Put the scholars on the temple when the upgrade has been done, and 'sell' the defenders.

'Sell' one scholar and get a worker. Build a farm, and a sawmill. Build a mine when you have the resources. Populate the farm with workers, defender and scholar. Get two scouts to collect the gold and wood that's lying around. Populate the sawmill when you can, this also needs a scholar for upgrades. Populate the mine when you can, which also needs a scholar to upgrade. Take the farm up to four stars and get a couple of cultivators. Buy the statue near the mine first to speed gem production.

Build a factory in the last building space and upgrade it. This shortens the production cycle, so you get resources quicker. When you've bought both statues, demolish the mine and build a market so you can convert excess wood to cash.

Play about with the order of building things. It may work best if you build and upgrade the factory early on to get the benefit of the shortened production cycle.

Hope this helps.

(My best time on this is about 7:50, so it can be done.)

oldcaptain
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by oldcaptain on Nov 13, 08 5:44 AM
Are these steps in sequence, or simultaneous?

In other words, do I wait until the upgrade on the academy before building the farm?

I'm able to finish the level, but not nearly within the yellow flag time frame.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Nov 15, 08 6:10 AM
I was wondering the same thing. Are those things done in the order you typed? I'm guessing not since I did that & when I got to about 3/4 of the time being up I was probably less than halfway through by doing it this way.
It sounds good, I'm just wondering what order you mean to do all that in.

Sunny35
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Sunny35 on Nov 21, 08 1:56 PM
Can someone write up a step-by-step process for this one? I can finish it but I can't get close to getting the yellow flag.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 21, 08 6:04 PM
My best time is 6:44. I'm sure it can be done in less but here's the "easy" way to get yellow.

Put one scholar at the academy, one at the guild, sell one, buy a worker.

Have the worker build a farm, buy a defender and put the worker, defender and scholar at the farm.

Add a couple more workers and one scout to start harvesting wood.

Use one worker to build a mill and work at it. Focus on upgrading the farm so add workers to the farm and mill to have wood available.

When the scout finishes with the wood, move him down to the money.

Wood will be tight so upgrade the farm twice, then the academy, then the farm the third time, then the guild, then the farm the fourth time.

Move scholars to the temple as the academy and guild get upgraded and whenever you're waiting for more wood.

Buy and add scholars to the temple whenever the farm upgrades to allow a larger population.

You'll eventually be able to buy a cultivator, then load up with your remaining scholars to finish the temple.

Sunny35
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Sunny35 on Nov 25, 08 4:23 PM
Thank you so much. My time was 6:58 and it was pretty easy - I didn't even need to get a cultivator. Keeping the buildings simple was what worked so well.

peutetre wrote:My best time is 6:44. I'm sure it can be done in less but here's the "easy" way to get yellow.

Put one scholar at the academy, one at the guild, sell one, buy a worker.

Have the worker build a farm, buy a defender and put the worker, defender and scholar at the farm.

Add a couple more workers and one scout to start harvesting wood.

Use one worker to build a mill and work at it. Focus on upgrading the farm so add workers to the farm and mill to have wood available.

When the scout finishes with the wood, move him down to the money.

Wood will be tight so upgrade the farm twice, then the academy, then the farm the third time, then the guild, then the farm the fourth time.

Move scholars to the temple as the academy and guild get upgraded and whenever you're waiting for more wood.

Buy and add scholars to the temple whenever the farm upgrades to allow a larger population.

You'll eventually be able to buy a cultivator, then load up with your remaining scholars to finish the temple.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Nov 25, 08 5:21 PM
Glad you got it!!! Sometimes just a bit of help is all you need to overcome the frustration--I know I tap this forum A LOT!!

Fun game, though and decent replay value since you can cut down on times quite a bit as you get more experience.

Go to: