Reviews For Royal Trouble

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Reviews For Royal Trouble

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Sep 10, 10 2:14 AM
I will put my two cent's in......
The game is story plus.....that means you are going to read and click for new conversation a lot. I like it, but some may not. The story is cute. Typical damsel in distress though....the game starts out with princess getting her royal knicker's in a knot and instead of working togethor she takes off and ditches him and get's stuck......I still have the image of her rather large half-naked heaving bosom hanging over the side of the predicament..........the music is classical harpsichord music (forgive me if I named the instrument wrong......) but nice. No timer that I have seen. And as for whether I would buy it yes.....it seems kinda cute to me. Not everything has to be blood and guts. Will continue this as I play more......

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

Re:Reviews For Royal Trouble

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Sep 10, 10 2:37 AM
Looks like a good game, if it wasn`t for all the unnecessary conversation. Not for me.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Sep 10, 10 2:45 AM
i like it as well. i like the hint system, you click on the hint book and it gives you a description of what you have to do and if you need more help it will give it to you, kind of like a nudge in the right direction. the mini games are skipable. the music is not over powering. the characters are quirky, i also like the cartoon style. good, clear graphics. it took me 35 minutes to complete 1 chapter so it is at least a 2 hour game if not longer. this is not a ihog, it is more of an adventure game where you collect inventory and sometimes you have to combine it to use. for part of each chapter you will play as the prince and then as the princess.

i give it 3 1/2 out of 5

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 10, 10 2:56 AM

Oh! I am LOVING this!

Give me a quirky sense of humor and I am happy!

Plus the graphics are wonderfully clear.

The music is just what it should be for the royalty running around

Witty banter, silly characters, bright charming areas, heck even the dungeons weren't very dark

Had a blast during the demo!

Looking forward to playing the whole thing!

Angel

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Sep 10, 10 3:54 AM
A charming and easy adventure game lite. I enjoyed the story/dialogue because it was well done. There are other games which seem, to me, to have too much dialogue that have only half this amount. As it was well written and flowed it didn't seem like particularly much at all here.

I've got two minor criticisms and maybe one major. First is that the game would be slightly improved if you could return an inventory item to your supply by right clicking. This is a nit, but I always love it when games let you do this. The second, even smaller nit, is the voice-over dude is way too cheesy for me.

The major criticism is it sounds like the game might be just too short for full price. I don't mind getting a shortish game that is great but I really want to get three hours at a minimum. And I'm sure I'm not one of the fastest players on here.

And of course my opening compliment is a caveat for other players: if you want all puzzles and little or no story then this one ain't gonna scratch your itches.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 3:54:39 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 10, 10 5:02 AM
My number one complaint is when I get a comment typed and go to post and the page times out on me....

Anyway, this looks like it would be a fun game but for me there is too much dialog that is unnecessary and doesn't move the game/story along (the bickering between the protagonists makes me irritible...). It is a bright and cheery game tho and the play is fun and not too difficult for Adventure game challenged people such as myself.

It does look rather short. I am a slooow player on these types of games and I was 23% done with the game when the demo time ran out (you can find % of game completed on a ribbon tab at the bottom of the hint scroll when you click on hint). So, for you speedos (not the beach wear) out there, this probably would be a very short game!!

This will probably get relegated to my growing list ot "will buy if it is ever a Daily Deal" games....

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Sep 10, 10 5:08 AM
Yeah, I'll agree the bickering is pretty cliche and I was kinda waiting for them to get over it.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Sep 10, 10 5:10 AM
But overall I enjoyed having the two protagonists and it was a joy to not have dialogue that felt translated by computer.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 10, 10 5:11 AM
I was just reading some player reviews at another site and they mentioned HOG scenes. I didn't see any HOG scenes at all - but then again, I didn't get very far into the game, so what do I know...

P.S. I agree with you Slite - it was nice to have more natural sounding dialog (like an old married couple... LOLOL) and I also liked the narrator who would essentially say "Meanwhile, in another part of the dungeon..." that made me laugh.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 5:14:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Darek_Rusin on Sep 10, 10 5:22 AM
Slite, shadowfax44,

Darek from Orchid Games here. I'm glad you liked the dialogue! They were written by Misty Simon, a professional and published author, so I guess that helped

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Sep 10, 10 5:50 AM
Is the dialogue clickable, ie, if you click on the screen, does it move on to the next line?

I am a fairly fast reader, and I don't like having to wait until the game moves me on to the next line, long after I've finished reading the current one.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 10, 10 5:53 AM
Izziewizz wrote:Is the dialogue clickable, ie, if you click on the screen, does it move on to the next line?

I am a fairly fast reader, and I don't like having to wait until the game moves me on to the next line, long after I've finished reading the current one.

Yes izziewizz, you can click and speed it along.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 10, 10 5:55 AM
in french we say:
on ne peut contenter tout le monde plus son père
it sounds like this:you can't make every body happy and your father also!.....so somebody would like dialogues,some not!but this game is very promising one!go on,Darek,make another one like this(a little more difficult and long,for the dream is alway too short for old children!)

[Post New]by Darek_Rusin on Sep 10, 10 6:05 AM
edmee1947,

We need to see how well Royal Trouble does, but yeah, we'd love to work on a game like this one again It was a lot of fun! We learned a lot too.

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Sep 10, 10 6:31 AM
I would like to thank you Derek for the feedback on the length and what you (the developers) tried to accomplish with this game. I can say that at first I was not sure I would like this game because I am not a big puzzle person.

But, I have to say that I really got caught up in this story line! The talking everyone refers to fits the game and is part of it so it does not compare to plain conversations without interaction!

As I said my biggest problem was the length (I figured 2.5 hours) and based on your comments (3-4 hrs for experienced players) I decided to give it a try and buy this game!

I am also going to post this on the review section to so others can make a better informed decision.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Sep 10, 10 7:13 AM
Next game you do have Ray and Debra Barone be the protagonists.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Sep 10, 10 7:49 AM
What a fun game. I personally enjoy the conversations and comments. I have laughed out loud several times during the demo. Why such a hurry to pass through the comments? The story is the game.........love it!!!! This is definitely a game for people who can sit back and enjoy a game without rushing through it to finish up. I wish we had way more games like this one. An adventure game with humor and fun, what's not to like???

Joy

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 10, 10 8:02 AM
Demo time ran out on me!! I always try to save some for when I check
back later to decide on buying. Sooo, I must have enjoyed it. And I did.
Bright, clear colorful graphics, funny, funny characters acting just the
way I would exprect two spoiled royal young people to act. Great hint
system (doesn't immediately solve things, but progressively leads you
to solve). I like a story, so not too much dialogue for me and it is very
well-written. I'm among the adventure game challanged, so not too
difficult. A few more like this and I may tackle some of the toughies.

(One tiny gripe, in finding the carpenter tools which are mostly very
skinny nails, I couldn't find the last one and there's no hint on these
puzzles, so could only random click or skip. Need a hint.)

Walkthrough at that other site did not seem complete, so as soon as there is one
here, it's a buy for me.

[Post New]by Darek_Rusin on Sep 10, 10 8:15 AM
joyce2121,

Thanks for the review Just FYI - there is in fact a walkthrough made by BFG and it looks very solid. Just go to the game's page and search for a "Check out our Blog Walkthrough" link. This should help

sammygram
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by sammygram on Sep 10, 10 8:18 AM
i am having trouble with reading screens it is jumping all over the place disjointed info not sure if i uninstaal if i will try again

Go to: