bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Trouble

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 10, 10 3:32 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Royal Trouble? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Trouble

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 10, 10 3:51 AM
Far too much talking. Action could be interesting but you're always interrupted by silly little dialogues. Graphics OK but not more, didn't turn the music on. Not a buy for me.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 10, 10 5:43 AM
it is a lovely good adventure game with a very good hint system(too good,perhaps?)charming music,no bugs,very colorful cartoon-like graphics and the dialogues not so silly,just a little too much long,but you can speed up;it is typically adventure game ;no hidden objects at all;and i insist,the hint system is examplary!if you don't use it ,the game needs 4-5 hours to be finished

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 5:45:38 AM PST

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 10, 10 5:51 AM
edmee1947 wrote:it is a lovely good adventure game with a very good hint system(too good,perhaps?)charming music,no bugs,very colorful cartoon-like graphics and the dialogues not so silly,just a little too much long,but you can speed up;it is typically adventure game ;no hidden objects at all;and i insist,the hint system is examplary!if you don't use it ,the game needs 4-5 hours to be finished

I couldn't agree more with you about the hint system edmee. It is perfect! It offers as little or as much help if you want/need it. I wish more games followed suit in this regard...

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 10, 10 5:57 AM
Hmm looks interesting... Is there a skip option for puzzles?

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 10, 10 6:01 AM
Yes, you can skip puzzles and you can click to speed dialog along if you want.

BOREDAND50
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by BOREDAND50 on Sep 10, 10 6:05 AM
Looks like it might be a good game, I love adventure games , can't wait to try it!

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 6:06:07 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Sep 10, 10 6:43 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Yes, you can skip puzzles and you can click to speed dialog along if you want.

Thanks! I a good story and a lot of dialog. Funny.. if I play a game that is just all puzzles and play with very little story & dialog, I feel like I didn't get my worth and the developers were lazy. Yet again why is so great, a new game everyday= something for everyone!

I played RPGs for years and got hooked on HOGs. Good console RPGs are becoming harder to find and when you do they are so complex its sometimes frustrating instead of fun! I also can't play anything with hand to hand combat/fighting with my carpel tunnel and RA now. True turn based/hunt and click RPG/Adventure games are another rare find. So I am thrilled when games like this are offered! I'll definitely pick this one up with a PC credit and add a review when I finish it.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 6:49:45 AM PST

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Sep 10, 10 6:49 AM
The game does have alot of dialogue, but very relaxing. I just finished Blood Oath and was so tired of running from room to room, this is a pleasant change. I agree the hint system is WONDERFUL, you don't have to leave the game in search of you next step. As someone has already said, you get get as much or as little help that you need.

[Post New]by Abbiesaunt1997 on Sep 10, 10 7:32 AM
I've been a member here since 2007, and as you can see, I rarely post. But this game is so adorably funny and well done, I had to comment. I found myself chuckling out loud at the dialog, and bought after 10 min of demo play.

[Post New]by heatherington on Sep 10, 10 9:03 AM
This is an okay game. Not Hidden Object by any means whatsoever. Strickly a puzzle solving game with a decent hint system. If you like that sort of thing. This would be a buy if there were no other games out. Nice graphics, beautiful scenes might be fun on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Sep 10, 10 9:38 AM
Well after all the "dark" games released recently this is a pleasant change. I know it takes all kinds. Adventurers and HOGgers alike have different tastes. Can't please all. But after Poe and Mystic, and etc. this is just a fun little game with interesting characters.

I was okay with it once they weren't gonna leave the "damsel" in the swing/thing and let the guy go "rescue" her. Sure the dialog is a little smarmy but hey......let's enjoy something sweet and positive for those of us who need a little less darkness right now.

Gonna go buy and have a fun day !!! Thanks bfg that there's so much variety here!

grace

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Sep 10, 10 9:52 AM
I really enjoyed this game. It was just so.... different. Yes, there was a lot of dialogue but it was funny and made me smile. The graphics, although cartoon style, were beautiful and the music very fitting for the period (castles and dungeons, etc.).
The puzzles were quite easy (once you had figured out what to do - there could have been better instructions IMO) and I only skipped two because they were the kind that I hate. I can't comment on the hint system as I didn't use it but other people have said that is a good one. I finished the game in about three and a half hours but I do take my time as I like to enjoy games.
I'm hoping that there is a sequel as I really wanted to find out how the Librarian and the Alchemist exact their revenge!
All in all, a very refreshing game from those "want to tear your hair out in frustration" ones. A pleasing way to spend an afternoon.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 10, 10 11:33 AM
I decided to buy this game almost immediately as I love adventure games but I have to admit that I prefer playing them without the sound on because I would rather concentrate on what I am doing than listen to music. I have spent an enjoyable couple of hours on it so far.

C

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Sep 10, 10 11:37 AM
Just finished the game in about 2 /1/2 hours. Although it was a short game, I enjoyed playing. Cute and funny. Puzzles were mostly easy and logical. The hint system was clever that it gave you a small hint each time so you could choose how much help you wanted.

[Post New]by BabyVampJC on Sep 10, 10 12:00 PM
Not a buy for this girl. I got down to the last level in the demo. Cute though, just too easy or too short.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Sep 10, 10 12:09 PM
This game is really cute, but not in an obnoxious way. The dialogue is funny. The graphics are pretty great. I didn't find the puzzles to be particularly hard. I really enjoyed playing the game, but it seems so short. I checked the walkthrough, and I only have maybe half an hour or forty-five minutes left of the game, so I probably won't buy it. However, I do play a lot of less "casual" adventure games, so that's probably why it didn't take me very long to figure things out.

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Sep 10, 10 12:12 PM
Not a buy for me would have enjoyed the game a lot more if you didn't have so much dialogue most of the play was taken up with this.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 10, 10 12:31 PM
What a cute little game! The graphics are cartoonish, but cute. There is a lot of dialogue which you can't skip, but I took the time to listen and it really helped with the storyline.

I love the hint system! It is perfect! You basically determine how much help you need. I also love how it tells you what percentage of the game you have finished in the hint area so you can determine the length of the game based on your own rate of speed. The background music is pleasant as well. It does seem to be a little on the short side, but again, it depends on your own rate of speed. Overall a very nice game. A purchase for me. Thanks BF!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 10, 10 1:09 PM
Perfect hint system. Getting stuck is a pleasure (The system is not new, but unfortunately didn't spread out like the give-everything-away-Walkthroughs. I'd like to start a thread To all developers alone for that.)
Well, except for the minigames, where I went straight to the W/t-pictures - it also explains them better. (Thanks prpldva! - you must have been busy the last days! )

Beeeeautiful graphics. Funny dialogues, had to LOL several times.
So many lovely made details, f.e. did you notice that their facial expressions fit/change with the conversation?! LOL

2 little gripes have already been mentioned by other fishies: White writing against a bright background isn't very good visible (ex. already 1st dungeon door). And better instructions in minigames (ex. Mark the proper stones. HUH?!). Give us an inside-explanation to re-read and maybe even reveal their goal?

Off to play, and really, as slowly as I can, looking at everything so that it doesn't end so soon.

Go to: