bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Puzzle Quest 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 10, 10 3:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

lindia06
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Puzzle Quest 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by lindia06 on Sep 10, 10 4:42 PM
I bought this game because I loved the first Puzzle Quest. I downloaded it, and also the Direct thingy that came up. But the game will not open up at all. When I click on it in the game manager, I get the hourglass briefly, and that is it. Nothing else happens, I am not very computer savy........and I have no idea what to do. I will feel very bad if I can't play it, and if I have wasted a game credit on it.

[Post New]by lsmejkal on Sep 11, 10 7:15 AM
lindia06 wrote:I bought this game because I loved the first Puzzle Quest. I downloaded it, and also the Direct thingy that came up. But the game will not open up at all. When I click on it in the game manager, I get the hourglass briefly, and that is it. Nothing else happens, I am not very computer savy........and I have no idea what to do. I will feel very bad if I can't play it, and if I have wasted a game credit on it.

I'm having the same problem. Task Manager shows that the game is "running" but it gets no cpu cycles. My system is an older Windows XP. I downloaded the game to my husband's newer Windows 7 computer and it works fine but I'd really like to be able to play it on my own computer. I'm going to try to figure out my video card driver and update that as was suggested in the help section. If that fixes it I'll post back here but it takes me a while to do stuff like this.

Leslie

EndlessSerpent
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by EndlessSerpent on Sep 11, 10 10:15 AM
Thank you technical team. I did as you suggested and updated my intel. Games works great now and is a lot of fun. I'm really enjoying it.

[Post New]by spikeletnz on Sep 11, 10 6:00 PM
I am having exactly the same problem with the game. It says it's running but nothing happens, yet I can't do anything else as it says it's running. help please!

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Sep 11, 10 8:08 PM
There is a patch for this game that among other things grants the ability to click/drag to swap gems. It has already been released on Steam, is BF going to get this patch? If I had known the patch wasn't here I would have bought the game elsewhere...

[Post New]by Brad_Gammage on Sep 11, 10 8:31 PM
spikeletnz wrote:I am having exactly the same problem with the game. It says it's running but nothing happens, yet I can't do anything else as it says it's running. help please!

Exactly the same is happening to me & when I call up Task Manager ( Ctrl+Alt+Del ) it tells me the program is not responding, so I have to End Program.

I have found that if I reboot my system the game will run, until I exit & try to play again, when we run into the - program not responding - issue again.

[Post New]by spikeletnz on Sep 12, 10 4:42 PM
I am still having the same problem, even rebooting doesn't work. So I've bought the game , but have yet to play it. Help!!

[Post New]by rabbit915 on Sep 13, 10 1:46 PM
Im having the same problem. I start the game and nothing happens. I looked in my task manager and a process named puzzle quest 2 starts (two of them actually) but no application ever appears. Not quite sure what to do.

[Post New]by chopstix2022 on Sep 13, 10 2:34 PM
Same problem here, the game shows up in Task Manager but is never loading on my screen. My Directx install and video card drivers are up to date, as I only formatted my PC roughly two weeks ago. Nothing is working with this game.

rayhnee
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by rayhnee on Sep 13, 10 3:28 PM
I am getting this error:

Error: Access violation at 0x004D76CA (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

Haven't been able to bring up the game at all.,

[Post New]by Liz_the_Lucky on Sep 13, 10 5:12 PM
From what I've found, the game requires DirectX 11, which is meant for Windows 7. Would've been nice to know before downloading it onto my WinXP computer. At least it'll run on my Mini.

[Post New]by chopstix2022 on Sep 13, 10 5:35 PM
Liz_the_Lucky wrote:From what I've found, the game requires DirectX 11, which is meant for Windows 7. Would've been nice to know before downloading it onto my WinXP computer. At least it'll run on my Mini.

I really hope this is not the case, as I do not have Windows 7 at this time. I have been browsing all over the internet though in search of answers, and cannot seem to find anything to help. Here is to hoping Big Fish support can help, or refund if it really is a Directx11 only game.

[Post New]by spikeletnz on Sep 13, 10 8:15 PM
^ absolutely agree ^

rayhnee
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by rayhnee on Sep 14, 10 2:39 PM
rayhnee wrote:I am getting this error:

Error: Access violation at 0x004D76CA (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.

Haven't been able to bring up the game at all.,

Any ideas about this?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 14, 10 3:39 PM
chopstix2022 wrote:
Liz_the_Lucky wrote:From what I've found, the game requires DirectX 11, which is meant for Windows 7. Would've been nice to know before downloading it onto my WinXP computer. At least it'll run on my Mini.

I really hope this is not the case, as I do not have Windows 7 at this time. I have been browsing all over the internet though in search of answers, and cannot seem to find anything to help. Here is to hoping Big Fish support can help, or refund if it really is a Directx11 only game.

Just a heads up--I have Direct X9 and Windows XP, and the game runs perfectly on my computer.

[Post New]by Rusted on Sep 14, 10 4:03 PM
Will there be a patch made for this game on BF?
There are few bugs that where cleaned up with a patch but it was with STEAM.

Can we download a patch and use it on our BF games?
Or will BF be adding a patch sometime with the game manger?

Thank you.

[Post New]by janetsui on Sep 18, 10 9:58 PM
Have anyone figure out how to make the game work yet?
I think it kinda sucks when there's no trial version, and after we buy it, to find out it cannot be played

Is bigfish figuring something up to help us?

[Post New]by mandalamama on Sep 20, 10 5:55 PM
yes, please, a patch! or a fixed game update? anything, anything! i bought this the moment i read the descriptions and saw the pics. (why no trial??)

it opened fine for me the first few times, now it just freezes up the BF Game Manager. i.e. the game itself doesn't open, but it won't allow any other game to open because it says a game is already open.

it didn't show up for me on the first page of Task Manager. i clicked on Processes, then Mem Usage, then selected PuzzleQuest and ended it. that worked fine. i have DirectX9 and Windows XP with 2 gigs extra memory and 2 gig video (for gaming) and run Second Life and Sims at the highest settings, so any game should work fine.

i'll wait a week for a patch, then ask for a refund. very disappointed with this, so far BF has been wonderful.

perhaps a "this game requires..." line right after the game's name on its description page would be the best way to avoid this in the future?

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 5:57:29 PM PST

nesmtl
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nesmtl on Sep 21, 10 9:58 AM
I have the same problems as everyone else, exept it opens 1 time out of 15 attemps. I now leave it open, but it slows my pc a lot, so I just closed it, and now I am not able to open it again. I have direct x9, and windows xp. I updated my sis and intel drivers, amd, radeon ati 9250 drivers.
I am considering a refund.

Edited on 09/21/2010 at 11:03:36 AM PST

Go to: