Mitzy12
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Language.

[Post New]by Mitzy12 on Sep 10, 10 12:21 PM
Is anyone able to tell me why this game is in french ? I do live in France but never before have I had a game download in french ! Is there somewhere that I can change the language into english ?

MacAy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Language.

[Post New]by MacAy on Sep 11, 10 12:40 AM
Hello, have the same problem, only difference - I live in Germany and it's in German. And I still haven't found a way to change it to English. Would be glad though, if I could

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 11, 10 8:44 PM
This game is apparently available in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

I'm guessing here, but I suspect that the game "recognizes" the language on your computer and downloads the corresponding language version accordingly. I don't think there's any way to change the language version in-game, but I will let you know if I see any option like that.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Sep 13, 10 7:14 AM
If it recognizes the language on your computer, what if you change the currently active/default language on your computer to English, and then try downloading the game again?

(You can see what language is currently active/default by checking the little letter icon down on the right side of your bottom toolbar next to the date and other active programs - on my pc it says NO (norwegian), and the EN (english) option is right beside it and can be changed to with a single click. It can also be changed via your Control Panel. I'd assume that on a german language pc you'd find the letters DE there, and in spanish it would probably say ES...)

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 13, 10 9:07 AM
That's a good idea, annatar. I'll be curious to see if this works if someone here tries that.

[Post New]by celticxcross on Nov 15, 10 11:15 AM
annatar wrote:If it recognizes the language on your computer, what if you change the currently active/default language on your computer to English, and then try downloading the game again?

(You can see what language is currently active/default by checking the little letter icon down on the right side of your bottom toolbar next to the date and other active programs - on my pc it says NO (norwegian), and the EN (english) option is right beside it and can be changed to with a single click. It can also be changed via your Control Panel. I'd assume that on a german language pc you'd find the letters DE there, and in spanish it would probably say ES...)

I tried it on my Pc (which has a French Operating System) and it doesn't work. The language icon has only an impact on the Keyboard configuration and on certain other things like voice recognition and hand writing recognition. This is a real bummer! Why on Earth they did not put an option to let the user select the language of the game is beyond me... For the moment, the only way I can get and play the English version the game is by downloading the game on my laptop (which has an English OS on it). I'll try to see if I can find a way to download automatically the English version of the game on a computer with a non English OS. I'll write a new post if I succeed...

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Language.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 8, 11 6:12 PM
Since apparently that in fact didn't succeed, the next step would be the green envelope in the right-hand column over there. If they couldn't make it work in your preferred language, they'd give you a credit.

Can't lose, very well might win.

[Post New]by Spanglishfishy on Mar 7, 14 10:50 AM
I have had the same problem, but with Spanish. My husband has solved it. Find where your game has installed on the computer. Mine was in the programmes folder. Inside the games folder is a zip file called assets. Make a copy of this and do not touch the copy. Open the original folder and you will see language files. In my case I deleted the Spanish language file and my game defaulted to English. I presume if your problem is French then delete that file. The game is playing normally and with no other problems.
I hope this works for you as is has for me.
The copy is for back up should you wish to reinstall the deleted language file.
Good luck.

Go to: