bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 11, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum

[Post New]by Muffy110 on Sep 11, 10 12:30 AM
No clue in how to find the light in the study. Can you please help?

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Sep 11, 10 12:39 AM
Muffy110 wrote:No clue in how to find the light in the study. Can you please help?

Same here Muffy. Even the hint button does nothing. I uninstalled and am reinstalling, sometimes that works.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Sep 11, 10 12:41 AM
I had to exit the game and then come back in. The lamp was there then. Good luck!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 11, 10 12:58 AM
I found the portal but when I entered I got ye olde error message - access violation or something. Probably to do with me olde graphics card.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 11, 10 2:04 AM
poopysue wrote:I had to exit the game and then come back in. The lamp was there then. Good luck!

Same here.

1st time clicked all over a black screen, getting rather annoyed.

Once I got in there, I had a pretty good time.

Nothing super exciting going on. (May just be, I am tired)

Will prolly save this one for a good sale or DD some day.

Angel [Who is buying too many games these days!]

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 11, 10 2:13 AM
Angel you are not alone re buying too many games!! There have been so many good ones lately I already have 1 punchcard full and it is only the 11th

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 2:14:35 AM PST

[Post New]by TheNewDebHead on Sep 11, 10 2:19 AM
Muffy110 wrote:No clue in how to find the light in the study. Can you please help?

[Post New]by TheNewDebHead on Sep 11, 10 2:23 AM

get lightbulb from bottom right floor and then fix electric panel under table bottom right also.Solve quick puzzle

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 11, 10 2:23 AM
TheNewDebHead wrote:
See all notes above. If the screen is black, exit completely out of game and go back in. It worked for me.

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 2:25:03 AM PST

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Sep 11, 10 2:33 AM
Ive got as far as finding the Great Temple but cannot see the way forward.Any ideas out there fishies?

Oh and I am liking the game very much.The puzles are a bit easy for me ,but the graphics are crisp and clear,and I have been lucky enough not to of had any problems yet.

Its a probable buy for me

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 2:34:38 AM PST

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Sep 11, 10 3:06 AM
The opening scene ...the lamp...did appear AFTER I exited and restarted... after that all works well...

I think it's a keeper.. IF it continues to work well :-)

jacquibagley
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by jacquibagley on Sep 11, 10 3:30 AM
You have to get the bulb which is to the right on the bookcase (if I remember correctly) and just place it on the lamp on the desk. Hope this helps.

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 11, 10 3:42 AM
Everytime I get into the secret room, nothing works. There is no sceptor or lasers on the middle tower, no pic by the shield, the task menu at the bottom is gone, nothing works. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and same thing. I've turned off the custom cursor; no effect. I've turned off full screen and still get a full screen. I've shutdown and rebooted, same problems. I created a new profile in case that might work...same problems. Too frustrating for me..this one is history!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Sep 11, 10 5:09 AM
Same here.

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Sep 11, 10 6:12 PM
Would an Expert Someone please answer a question for me?

I had always thought that a Hidden Object Game was one in which there were screens of items that required the player to search for particular objects on some sort of list hidden among a group of disparate objects. I thought that an Interactive Hidden Object Game was one like the above but where items could be manipulated with other items to perform a task and advance the gameplay. Equally, that an Adventure Game required the manipulation of items, some obvious and some hidden, in order for the player to progress.

Lately, when I demo games on the BFG Hidden Object category screen, they are Adventure games...by the above criterion. There are no hidden object screens to sort through. Since I like the sorting process, I am most interested in the ones I've always classified as HOGs. I do like Adventure games and have played all the Mysts but the last one, both Syberias, Crystal Key, the Sherlock Holmes franchise, etc. but I really enjoy the HOGs.

Why are the games listed on the HOG page not always HOGs and is there any way to tell the difference without taking the time to download and actually play the game? I just browsed the walkthrough on this one and it seems to have no hidden object screens but I might be wrong. Is my definition of a HOG wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 6:14:26 PM PST

[Post New]by judyc456 on Sep 12, 10 8:44 AM
i picked up the cups and shells and the game has locked up. i have exited and re-entered multiple times. i can not close the screen and the hint doesn't work. i can't move forward. what can i do?

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Sep 12, 10 11:32 PM
The game has good graphics, but I find the long times to load irritating and the sound the pointer makes when you hit a "miss" is also very irritating. The game is challenging in some ways, but the load time is bad.

[Post New]by VBNick on Sep 13, 10 9:09 AM
Game is locking up in the "Secret Room". Tried exiting and restarting, (Using Task Manager), but same result. Tried restarting, same result. Anybody have a fix for this?

[Post New]by krystanya on Sep 13, 10 2:38 PM
I locp in the pharoh room. I did the puzzle for the water fountain and it locked up on the puzzle after the water started to flow. this sux

Go to: