bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 11, 10 3:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 09/13/2010 at 4:21:08 PM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 11, 10 4:35 AM
There seems to be a few glitches with this game. After strugling with 'the lamp' in the first scene .. the 'archeologists brush' in the second scene seemed to disappeared altogther after i'd retrieved it from under the floorboards. I'm assuming it was supposed to go into the inventory - but it didn't.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 11, 10 4:38 AM
'Stroogling'????

Groan and doh!

[Post New]by Coronagold on Sep 11, 10 5:07 AM
Like Mysterious Island from a few days ago, I can't get this game to run. However I was able to play 10 minutes of it (unlike Mysterious Island) till I got in the 2nd room and no longer had an "inventory/info" box along the bottom of the playscreen. Just a big black blank. Could not advance. I quit the game, restarted, and the game won't even start. At all.

I think Russia has different computers than the West.

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 11, 10 5:16 AM
Coronagold wrote:Like Mysterious Island from a few days ago, I can't get this game to run. However I was able to play 10 minutes of it (unlike Mysterious Island) till I got in the 2nd room and no longer had an "inventory/info" box along the bottom of the playscreen. Just a big black blank. Could not advance. I quit the game, restarted, and the game won't even start. At all.

I think Russia has different computers than the West.

I had the same problems and nothing I did (reinstall, reboot, change custom cursor, change profiles) would work. I'm assuming if it was my system that was incompatible I wouldn't have even been able to play at all.....too many players having the same problems so hope the techs get this one fixed.

tinkz2007
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tinkz2007 on Sep 11, 10 5:27 AM
ive got the first screen asking to turn on a lamp, but the whole screen is black - cannot see a thing!!! Help

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 11, 10 5:34 AM
well i got into the game...even got past the all the challenges...found the secret room....and zapped by ...laser pillar would not complete....just flickered...shut off computer...cuz there was no where to opt out...uninstall..reinstall...all the while u see had to stop/start computer to achieve....look like a 'go buy'...but not at this time

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Sep 11, 10 5:52 AM
Same problem here, tinkz. Clicked on the Hint button and nothing flashed or changed. Looks like a neat game, but not having any luck playing it.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lyn58 on Sep 11, 10 6:02 AM
I just finished down loading and it says I have 0 minutes left to play. What now you don't get a free hour on this one

pobs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by pobs on Sep 11, 10 6:25 AM
how long do you have to clean the fountain for i been at it for 5 mins

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Sep 11, 10 6:50 AM
Was able to get to the secret room, and then ...............it froze. Had to ctrl/aly/delete to get out. This is getting STALE REAL FAST. What in the world is happening with BF games? I'm getting pessimistic about future game offerings as the list of games I "would have bought if they worked" is growing and growing.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Sep 11, 10 7:14 AM
I had issues with this game too. Black screen at the beginning. Turning off the custom cursor worked for me but this is the first game that I've had any issues with for a long time. As for missing out on anything, go see my review...

[Post New]by MoMoBabicock on Sep 11, 10 8:26 AM
Having problem in the second room. My cursor disappears along with the info/inventory box and freezes. I have reinstalled it twice and still having problem.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 11, 10 8:36 AM
I seem to be having the same problem as others.

The first room went fine. Yes, it was dark, but bright enough to find the light bulb.

Burt as soon as I opened the secret door and went down to the room with the laser columns the screen load slowed to a crawl and never finished. No inventory box, no cursor, no way to get out except to power down.

That's 2 games out of the last 4 I demoed where I had to power down to get out - I was completely unable to even start the Treasure Island one. But others work fine - Black Cat, Royal Trouble, Drawn.

I do not understand. When many folks have the same exact problem it is unlikely to be our systems.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Sep 11, 10 8:49 AM
I'm just finished the claw game and have all the jewels for the miner, but it just stays frozen at the claw game. My tools all work and the hints and the journal, but I can't close out the game at all or move back up from the well. I bought the game but didn't really want to start over again. Any suggestions?

Ljay2007
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ljay2007 on Sep 11, 10 8:53 AM
I've just got past the caterpillars and now the game won't let me exit the mini-game screen - I can use all the tools so it's not frozen as such - the tools are no good there though - the item I have I can't use

I've bought the game though so I hope there will be an update to sort it out - shame as until then it was a good game

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 11, 10 9:32 AM
Got past the first room fine, went through the secret passage. Finished minigame and it froze. This is the 5th game this month. I've done every update, defrag, disk clean up offered. is the only place I'm having problems. I'm beginning to think it's NOT my computer . Good time to be broke. Looked like a fun game, I guess. Didn't get more than 5 minutes in. Have fun all that can play this one.

ETA: Went out and reinstalled. Now we're cooking with gas, unfortunately it's kinda boring anyway. Game is running fine now.

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 12:52:54 PM PST

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Sep 11, 10 10:09 AM
I seem to be having a problem at the mine too. I have the 'strange metal plate' in my inventory, have just cleared away the pairs of caterpillars around the indentation same shape as plate. However, the game will not allow me to:

Put that plate in the indentation, nor will it allow me to shut down that closeup screen.

After trying simple tabbing through applications to see if that might kick it, I ended up ALT+F4ing to shut it down as I couldn't do anything else - I was just stuck.

When I reload, I am just taken back to same point where I can do nothing. I went to the walkthrough just in case I was missing something but that instructs me to do what I've been trying to do.

Guess I'll have to submit a ticket for this. I've not really had any problems until now, however I have noticed it's pretty linear, in that even if you see something you think you are going to need, you can't necessarily collect it until you've undertaken something else. Finding that a tad annoying but not enough to spoil, however now I cannot carry on. I don't really want to try a reinstall as I am 75% through the game.

Oh well!

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 10:10:18 AM PST

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Sep 11, 10 10:50 AM
flaxin wrote:I'm just finished the claw game and have all the jewels for the miner, but it just stays frozen at the claw game. My tools all work and the hints and the journal, but I can't close out the game at all or move back up from the well. I bought the game but didn't really want to start over again. Any suggestions?

Well, I made it passed that part by skipping the claw game after uninstall and reinstall and racing through the first part of the game. Now I'm stuck on the next puzzle. It froze up again. Maybe the only way to get through is to skip all the puzzles. heh heh Not much fun in that though.

Ilkie
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Ilkie on Sep 11, 10 11:36 AM
I'm having a similar problem. Went into the 'secret room' and the game just froze. Had to restart my computer.
Sorry guys; this is a "no buy" for me.
There seems to be a lot of technical problems with the latest HOG's. Getting a bit fed up with it all now.

Go to: