barnacle blast

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

barnacle blast

[Post New]by kwhel on Nov 12, 08 4:06 PM
I have done a lot harder puzzles on Nancy Drew. This barnacle bounce is easy but hard. I finally made it thru round one now I am one round two and about to throw down my pc. Are there any cheats for this game. Can I go into the back of the game and reprogram it. Computer geeks-help!

Edited on 11/12/2008 at 4:20:27 PM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

barnacle blast

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 12, 08 4:41 PM
kwhel wrote:I have done a lot harder puzzles on Nancy Drew. This barnacle bounce is easy but hard. I finally made it thru round one now I am one round two and about to throw down my pc. Are there any cheats for this game. Can I go into the back of the game and reprogram it. Computer geeks-help!

OMG- is this the video game? I had to get hubby to do it. My paddle kept jumping

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:barnacle blast

[Post New]by kwhel on Nov 12, 08 7:45 PM
It is 9:42 p.m. and I am happy to say after several hours I have finally won barnacle blast.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 12, 08 8:19 PM
kwhel wrote:It is 9:42 p.m. and I am happy to say after several hours I have finally won barnacle blast.

Waaahooo! Congrats!

redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Jan 29, 09 6:03 AM
I am having problems with Barnacle Blast Game in the first part where they say to "Go behind it and before you open it[i], jot down down that serial numbers: KM5200. Use access card to open box.

Where is the side that you use (right side or left side) to go behind this machine? My hand does not turn red when I wave it over this site. I have my access card in hand when I try to open the side.

Thank you,

[Post New]by WindiNMN on Feb 27, 09 5:52 AM
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one having issues with the Barnacle Blast game. I am on round two and I've played this thing for at least 4 hours and still can't get it...the paddle jumps or doesn't move when you hit the arrow keys...does anyone know an easier way to make it through?????

[Post New]by cbt_designer on Mar 17, 09 7:38 AM
Wish I had an answer to this game. To save myself, I cannot get through it.and can;t get the needed tokens. Is there any way around this game? I did get the Chinese yoyo, but cannot get the harmonica, so I'm stuck. I agree that the paddle response is too sporatic in this game and there should be a skip for it.

[Post New]by cbt_designer on Mar 17, 09 7:43 AM
redrose1940 wrote:I am having problems with Barnacle Blast Game in the first part where they say to "Go behind it and before you open it[i], jot down down that serial numbers: KM5200. Use access card to open box.

Where is the side that you use (right side or left side) to go behind this machine? My hand does not turn red when I wave it over this site. I have my access card in hand when I try to open the side.

Thank you,

It is the left side, but don't pick up the access card until you have the machine moved out and can see the slot for the card. Good luck.

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Mar 18, 09 4:35 AM
I like adventure games, and was enjoying this one but I won't be able to finish it because I can't get past Barnacle Blast.

Why must completing an adventure game be dependent on completing an arcade sequence? This was my first Nancy Drew game. Are they all like this?

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Mar 23, 09 12:29 AM
I've not been able to get through this either, but I haven't tried too long. I'm not liking the sporadic paddle either. I haven't even gotten through the first stage!

I came on to see if this was required game play and am sad to see that it is. I guess I'll have to fight with this then.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Mar 23, 09 5:09 PM
I was over at her interactive looking at threads for this and found a cheat.

Start and quit the game over and over (about 4 times) until it comes up with safe mode. In that mode it will give you a large paddle so it's a tiny bit easier to get through. It is still sporadic and irritating, but doable.

March_Hare
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by March_Hare on Mar 24, 09 6:21 AM
Thank you AnnBy, I'll give that a try

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Apr 14, 09 10:14 PM
Well, I tried the tip (starting & exiting the game 4 times in a row), and it did switch me to "safe" mode, with a bigger paddle. But I am still so uncoordinated that I can't win the game. My wrists were hurting, so I quit for now. Maybe I'll go back and try again tomorrow.

SPOILER ALERT:

I thought I had figured out by looking at a walkthrough that the reason I couldn't get the letter down from underneath the carousel, using the red paper yoyo, was that I needed to win all three games before trying. But I can't seem to win this game, so the point is moot.

i'm sad that I may never be able to finish this ND game because I am not dexterous enough to operate the arcade game. I wish the developers had given us a way around it.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 14, 09 10:26 PM
I agree Moonweaver. Barnacle Blast almost ruins a good game. I can't believe they couldn't work out the paddle sporadicness (is that a word ) before they had released it.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Apr 18, 09 9:04 PM
Whoo-hoo!!!

Finally, I can move forward in the game, thanks to my DH. This afternoon my brother-in-law was at our house, and I told him I wanted to ask his grandson (my great-nephew and a teenager) to come over and try to win Barnacle Blast. My DH spoke up and said maybe HE could try it. I had wanted to ask him, but didn't dare, and besides I wasn't sure he could do it; he's two years older than I am, and not used to playing that kind of game. But he won the first level in about three minutes. The second level took him longer, and he had to take a break from it for a while, but surprised me by going back and finishing. He complained about the jerkiness of the paddle, as everyone else here has done. He thought it was our computer, but I told him it's the game.

Anyway, I had told him not to exit from the screen if he did win, so I collected my two tokens, and got the harmonica out of the prize machine. Then I saved the game and exited, because I didn't have time to play any more right then. I'll try later, and report how it goes.

Wow, am I relieved!

homesong
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by homesong on May 5, 09 12:53 AM
I was about to give up, too.
This 62-year-old man's eyes and hands just aren't coordinated as well as they used to be - and they never were too good!
I thought it was the end of the line, too. But I took a break and came back to it -
and FINALLY finished Level One.
Then - INCREDIBLY - I finished Level Two on the first try!
If this old guy can do it, so can you. Just don't give up.
(Now if I could only figure out the shorthand. I even took the lessons, but it didn't help!)

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 5, 09 7:24 AM
I remember playing this and thought I would never get through it, but I finally did. It was difficult, but it felt good when I finally did it. I haven't played many of Nancy Drew games yet, but I love the ones I have played and have all the others. I think most if not all of these games have mini games in them. It would be nice for the developers to put a way in to skip that part if you are not into that.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on May 13, 09 7:03 AM
I've had this game downloaded for over a year and just couldn't get through Barnacle Blast. Finally gave up so never did get to finish this game. Ended up having to read a walkthrough so I could find out what happened. This was the only Nancy Drew game I had totally been stuck on. Great job though to all who persevered.

Paminca
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Paminca on Jun 16, 09 5:23 PM
I can tell you how to get thought this. After many unsuccessful attempts and lanquage not fit for even my ears I resorted to the one thing that always works. My son. He's an expert on video games much more challanging then Darling Nancy. He won the game in a couple of min.. Ya, I know. Very humiliating.

Edited on 06/16/2009 at 5:28:19 PM PST

[Post New]by jwj5258 on Jul 2, 09 10:41 AM
hey, where the heck is the keyboard?? i've looked everywhere and it's driving me crazy!!! please help

Go to: