gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

The Stone of Destiny - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 12, 10 1:03 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

(Changed up my Ranch Rush 2 for the Collector's Edition and have been loving the Freeplay mode - just came up for air after getting to the end of it lol.)

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:The Stone of Destiny - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 12, 10 2:04 AM
My download said "trial expired", so I found a demo at another site to play. I quit playing before the demo ended, but the screen afterward didn't tell me how long.

It's a straight hog. The graphics quality was fine. The game is playable, not very difficult, and the hints work ok. They were nice enough to include a brightness setting in the Options menu. And that's about all I can think of that's good about it.

The music wasn't *bad* because there wasn't any. Minimalist ambient sounds. (In other words, not good.) The story does a very poor job of making sense out of the seemingly random set of hidden object scenes. The scenes include a few little quirky animations.

Some scenes are the sort where you are given silhouettes to match. They weren't particularly difficult, but I know some of y'all hate that type.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Sep 12, 10 2:07 AM
I cannot buy it as 2.99. I have tried repeatedly and it keeps using a credit instead of the daily deal price of 2.99. Anyone else have this trouble?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 12, 10 2:50 AM
Legabriel wrote:I cannot buy it as 2.99. I have tried repeatedly and it keeps using a credit instead of the daily deal price of 2.99. Anyone else have this trouble?

Yes. (I'm not going to buy it, just tested the purchase)
Although it's flagged as DD on the game page, the purchase site applies a credit.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Sep 12, 10 2:58 AM
And it is still charging $6.99!

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Sep 12, 10 4:29 AM
Yep I'm having exactly the same issue, I go to buy it and it wants to either use a game credit or charge me $6.99

I really hope they sort this out by the end of the day.

Can't do live chat because it's not mon-fri
doh XD

So I'm gonna drop them an e-mail though i doubt somehow they'll see it before Monday.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 12, 10 4:33 AM
I imagine they'll fix it in a few hours - it's only 4:30 AM, time.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 12, 10 6:36 AM
Everything that gimmiegames said, ditto.

In addition, size of items all out of proportion. Find a list
of items, trace a figure, duh. And a timer, NO sale.

It is what it is, a 2007 game.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Sep 12, 10 7:03 AM
Okay just finished the demo hour...can't believe I stuck out the entire hour. Mostly straight hidden object - alternates between a list and silhouettes. Some small puzzles between - very few and far between - easily done. The worst part was drawing the symbols between each chapter - started out easy but then the game started getting fussy about how well drawn the symbols were and towards the end of the trial I was spending more time redrawing the symbols than in each scene. The hints are endless but refill very slowly - takes one full minute to refill. Okay, that's not that slow maybe, but I often found if taking a hint that I would use the hint to finish the last object in a scene, then get the symbol drawn, and finish the entire next scene before the hint refilled. Objects are not too well hidden - mostly seem to be tone on tone in many places. Not sure how long the game was but I felt it must be nearing the end with my trial just because I was so bored with it.

ETA - forgot to say, it is a timed game with no option for relaxed, and there's a click penalty of removing time from your timer if you click too many times on the wrong items. Also- game seems to like having you find several items of the same - for instance 4 birds - then you discover there are 6 or 7 birds in the scene. Hmm...which 4 does it want? Yes...leads to alot of wrong clicks.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 7:05:06 AM PST

dindaz
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by dindaz on Sep 12, 10 7:30 AM
I managed 5 minutes before I got bored. Enough said.

ilikegame
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by ilikegame on Sep 12, 10 7:34 AM
A basic HOG. Good for the people who are new to HOG, but not for me.

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Sep 12, 10 10:10 AM
Well, I just tried to buy again and it STILL applies a credit!! What happened? No code to type in and it won't apply by itself like the other games. Seems there is a bug in the new system.

corkidorki
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by corkidorki on Sep 12, 10 10:18 AM
Re:2.99 You need to put a code in the coupon box to get the daily deal. I believe it`s DAILY299. It`s been awhile since I bought a daily deal. I know it`s CATCH299 for the catch of the week. this should help. Try DEAL299 if the daily doesn`t work.
Hopefully this will get to you all that are trying to buy as a DD.

[Post New]by MarySATX on Sep 12, 10 10:27 AM
Legabriel wrote:I cannot buy it as 2.99. I have tried repeatedly and it keeps using a credit instead of the daily deal price of 2.99. Anyone else have this trouble?

Same here

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Sep 12, 10 11:00 AM
I am also having the problem with the price... it wants to use a game club credit instead of the automatic daily double price of $2.99, So, no buy for me.

I e-mailed customer support.... so will wait and see what they say or do. Maybe they will have 2 Daily Doubles tomorrow!

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 11:01:08 AM PST

MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MySadie on Sep 12, 10 11:02 AM
Well, I did play for the entire hour and enjoyed the game. The dilemma I have is that I got to the part where you have to slide the stones around - how much game is left? I don't want to pay for something which may have very little time left until the game is finished!

raindear82
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by raindear82 on Sep 12, 10 11:36 AM
Well, I am another that is not able to get the DD price. This is extremely disappointing for me, cause we are in the process of moving, and this is the first time I have been able to be online in two weeks. No telling when I will have access again, and will be leaving in an hour or two, so no DD for me.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 12, 10 11:47 AM
corkidorki wrote:Re:2.99 You need to put a code in the coupon box to get the daily deal. I believe it`s DAILY299. It`s been awhile since I bought a daily deal. ...Try DEAL299 if the daily doesn`t work.

Nope, it won't take codes anymore. They changed it to 'flagging' the games as Daily Deal (on the game page) and so it should apply the reduced price automatically -- which is a fine thing... if it works. Which it doesn't today, so far.

@ MySadie: sorry, but it doesn't look as if anyone who finished the game rushed here today to recommend the game, or IOW: was here to answer your question, maybe later. No W/t on BFG either. You can try to look through the other threads here or google the game name with "walkthrough" added.

ETA: There's a msg from bfgTigris in CCC from a few minutes ago that they are aware of the problem and working on it:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/116686.page

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 12:04:00 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 12, 10 12:01 PM
Okaaaay, been trying to buy this game since 2:15am and it is STILL trying to charge 6.99 for it. Tried typing in the coupon code "DAILY299" as someone suggested and that didn't work either. Will send e-mail as some others have done but also don't expect that anyone wil be around to read it before this day is over. Hopefully BFG will come through like they usually do, but is still very frustrating to try for 12 hours to do anything and still have it not work correctly!

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Sep 12, 10 12:05 PM
The game seems quite relaxing and easy going. Ideal when you don't want too much of a challenge. Also, my DH enjoys these straight HOGs. He won't even like the few mini-games and character-drawing puzzles that are included, but he'll manage, with some grumbling.

I'm going to purchase it, but I'm having the same problem as most others. Won't sell it to me at DD price. It applies my club credit. When I had another game in my cart that had already used my club credit, it charged me $6.99. I tried applying various codes used for the DD in the past and none were accepted.

I think we need BFG CS to intervene. I imagine that they are short staffed because of it being Sunday. Maybe there isn't anyone on duty at all. Oh well, I'm sure they'll make it right for us.

Be patient, fishies. That's what I'm trying to do.

Go to: