bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Love Ahoy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 12, 10 4:01 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Love Ahoy? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Love Ahoy

[Post New]by SnowNSew on Sep 12, 10 8:40 AM
Hmm. No reviews. Interesting.

I downloaded the demo. I was excited because it was a different TM game. I was disappointed with the "Love" theme, but, what the hey. I don't play games necessarily because of the story anyway.

A somewhat abbreviated review:
You start off the game by matching interests of the customers. Then, you have them dance together. If they share interests, they go off and walk the deck together.

The next day, you match a different interest. If they share the same interest, they are the perfect couple and after dancing, they get married. If they are not the perfect couple, they still dance and will send a postcard.

As the game goes on, different things are added such as drinks on the dance floor. Tipsy customers will dance with anyone, which allows you to move more customers through the dance floor.

To me, the theme is corny and it just doesn't have enough . . . I have no idea how to explain what it doesn't have enough of. I am going with thought. Even though you do have to "remember" concentration style which person has which interest, I never liked that game anyway. While, I must admit to smiling the first time my couples hit the dance floor, it just isn't interesting enough for me to actually purchase the game.

Have fun!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Sep 12, 10 10:04 AM
This one was a disappointment for me. I thought it looked really cute, but the quote
it just doesn't have enough . . . I have no idea how to explain what it doesn't have enough of.
explains it perfectly. There's no there there.

I only played for 30 minutes. The first half of every level is a matching game, although I do think you're supposed to get it done before a timer runs out. The second half of the level, you either try to connect people with matching interests, or ply them with enough alchohol that they will hook up with anybody. Nice. That's all you do. There's no store for buying upgrades, but with a set up this simple, what would you upgrade? What you are earning money for, apparently, is to buy bigger and bigger ships. Since I got bored and quit before I got to ship #2, I can't tell you if it added anything substantial to the game play. Truthfully, I got sick of making my passengers drunk enough to hook up with anybody, and just quit.

It's just not for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 12, 10 12:31 PM
Graphics were older but had good movement. Sadly there is no real storyline. Basically you match people up with others who share their interests and when you can't get them to like each other, get them drunk. Wow! Is that sad or what?

I would say this game is a D. Annoying storyline kills any interest I could have in this game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 12, 10 1:39 PM
I have played almost all tms from bigfish and like this game too! Its a fresh new idea for tms - matching lonely hearts. I had also no glitches with the game so its a buy for me. Nice game, thanks

[Post New]by crissimorris on Sep 15, 10 10:21 PM
Will not buy

Graphics - Not great; completely not up to par with what we've seen recently
Story - um . . . really?

I tried, I really tried, to enjoy this game (I love TM's), but positive thinking is just not going to help on this one . . .

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Sep 23, 10 10:09 AM
Quite a no-no for me: First of all I experienced tech issues when i tried it in XP OS. I finally got to play the trial in Vista and didn't enjoy it at all.
As the above fisgies have mentioned, there is no storyline. Besides I didn't like the speed of the game (maybe because in my laptop I have no mouse and I find it quite uncomfortable fro my fingers/hand).
I guess it could be considered challenging, but IMHO trying to match people so quickly was no fun as I had no time to even think on the possible combinations (much less remember) and eventually I was just trying to get them to dance even when they had just 2 things in common.
I didn't like the idea of the people getting "tipsy" in order for them to dance with anyone. I appreciated the sense of humor in some of them getting sick with the drink, but I found rather upsetting that they come into the dance floor so slowly (sometimes the people got drunk and/or left before someone else moved in). And I found the "day" sections boring too (although less stressing that the night ones).The music is clearly reminscent of the "Love Boat" TV show, and for some reason it made like the game even less.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 10:13:04 AM PST

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Sep 29, 10 12:18 PM
Have given up after 45 mins, got a bit bored. Whilst i love TM games, this has, as other reviews have said, something missing. It just seems so very basic, so a no buy for me - disappointed as it looked promising

Go to: