bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Love Ahoy technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 12, 10 4:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Post any Love Ahoy technical issues here only

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Sep 12, 10 4:09 AM
Installation and starting the game works fine, but after the Big Fish and the Big Splash Games logos appear, the screen becomes black and the game does not work anymore.

Edit: I should add that I beta-tested this game at another site, and then it worked perfectly fine on my machine.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 5:31:00 AM PST

[Post New]by SazlySaz on Sep 12, 10 5:11 AM
I can start the tutorial, and everything goes fine until they hit the dance floor......then the game does not register my click and hold on the heart between them and I'm stuck there. If I cancel the tutorial it still does not register and I lose the bonus and cannot match them.

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Sep 12, 10 8:28 AM
SazlySaz wrote:I can start the tutorial, and everything goes fine until they hit the dance floor......then the game does not register my click and hold on the heart between them and I'm stuck there. If I cancel the tutorial it still does not register and I lose the bonus and cannot match them.

I have the same problem. Please fix soon as I love the Time management games.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 12, 10 8:46 AM
Having a slight issue too.

When I try to launch the game from Game Manager, you see the thing spinning and hear the noise that it's registered my "Play now" click but then nothing happens at all. If I look in Task Manager, it doesn't list it at all as even trying to open.

If I go into the actual installation folder itself and right click on the executable, choosing "Run as Administrator", then the game opens.

I tried uninstalling & then reinstalling. It did save all of my progress from the beta as it is starting me off on level 9, where I left off. It looks like I will be able to play the game but it's kinda inconvenient to have to start this game through a special procedure - I have 120 games from BFG and they all start just fine from the Game Manager. This is the only one that doesn't.

[Post New]by kbgood7 on Sep 12, 10 11:04 AM
SazlySaz wrote:I can start the tutorial, and everything goes fine until they hit the dance floor......then the game does not register my click and hold on the heart between them and I'm stuck there. If I cancel the tutorial it still does not register and I lose the bonus and cannot match them.
I have the same issue with game will not recognize when i hold the heart

[Post New]by etousley on Sep 12, 10 12:28 PM
At first the game would just stay on a black screen after showing the game companies. I did a search on my computer and deleted all the beta files and uninstalled the BFG version. I just downloaded it again, and it's working fine.

[Post New]by 5eximinx on Sep 12, 10 2:00 PM
[I can start the tutorial, and everything goes fine until they hit the dance floor......then the game does not register my click and hold on the heart between them and I'm stuck there. If I cancel the tutorial it still does not register and I lose the bonus and cannot match them.
I have the same issue with game will not recognize when i hold the heart

I also have the same problem, nothing happens when i click.

[Post New]by va7520 on Sep 12, 10 4:03 PM
I am having the same problems everyone else is. Not able to go beyond pairing the first couple in the tutorial

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Sep 12, 10 4:51 PM
etousley wrote:At first the game would just stay on a black screen after showing the game companies. I did a search on my computer and deleted all the beta files and uninstalled the BFG version. I just downloaded it again, and it's working fine.

Do you remember where your beta files were stored?

[Post New]by sacredheart on Sep 13, 10 6:38 AM

[Post New]by bivalo on Sep 13, 10 8:38 AM

Same here!

[Post New]by taraminnie on Sep 13, 10 11:13 AM
same here. cant get past the dance floor

[Post New]by AmyNMikeS on Sep 15, 10 7:21 AM
I got through the tutorial just fine, but the game freezes as soon as I get to the next level (when the hot tub appears). Froze there 5 times so far.

[Post New]by sandramorgan on Sep 18, 10 3:26 PM
Game loads just fine but can't get pass the second day. I keep having to repeat it over and over again. Make expert score the game stiil stays on second day . Please help payed to much money to not be able to move forward.

joyg
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by joyg on Sep 20, 10 1:13 PM
I'm having the same problem as many others on here.

When I get to the dance floor I can't press and hold the heart

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Sep 21, 10 9:05 AM
Saturn1985 wrote:Installation and starting the game works fine, but after the Big Fish and the Big Splash Games logos appear, the screen becomes black and the game does not work anymore.

Idem but I didn't Beta Test so it can't be that B-T files are there.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 1:39:45 AM PST

[Post New]by Busyathena on Sep 22, 10 10:44 PM
Same here with the dance floor issue. I've rebooted and created new player.. tried with and without the tutorial... nothing.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Sep 23, 10 9:50 AM
Hi. Tried on different computer (with Windows Vista) and the game proceeded fine with no issues whatsoever.

The bad news is ever since I ran this program in my old computer (with XP Pro) and it froze, my old PC is malfunctioning. Could be coincidence but still...

[Post New]by foxylaura on Sep 28, 10 11:48 AM

I have the same problem...WHY??? Is this being resolved BFG? What do I have to do to fix this? This looked like a cute game, but it is a shame that I can't even play it. Luckily, I used some of my free credits to get the game.

Go to: