bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 13, 10 12:53 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.
If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.
The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.
If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cat2711 on Sep 13, 10 3:38 PM
Hi

I downloaded this game and was playing it nicely until last night where I had closed the game down, I went back to the game and tried to load, all it's doing is egg timing and then nothing will not load at all.

I have downloaded the new version, but it will still not load. It egg times, quick flash of the black screen looking like it was going to load , but then nothing

I have cleared the internet history - is there anything else I can do apart unistalling game and loosing where I have got to level 13.

Any tips would be appreciated

Cat

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 15, 10 3:38 AM
I have the same problem. Please help!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 17, 10 8:13 AM
I'm disappointed again. When this game was first released by BFG, I couldn't get past the beginning scene and throwing the snowball because of glitches. When I saw there was an update, I was excited and thought I'd finally be able to actually try the game. But, after running the update for it on my computer and trying it, I couldn't even get past the opening screen. I just sat staring at the beautiful snowy scene of the hotel with the SUV parked in front of it, waiting... waiting... waiting... waiting for the game to get to the point where I could hit PLAY and try it. It wouldn't move forward to that point.

When I was finally able to get out of the game, I saw that 6 more minutes had been wasted. Since 41 minutes had been wasted with numerous tries to enter and play the demo when it first came out, I am now left with only 13 minutes of demo time and I haven't been able to see what the game is like.

Put a request in to Customer Service a few days ago. Need to check today to see if they have sent a reply.

Looks like a great game. Hope all who were helped by the update will get a lot of enjoyment from it.

Classicaljazz

[Post New]by weaselgirl on Sep 17, 10 11:28 AM
After having one technical issue already, which was happily resolved by the team, i was in the Hacker level, when the game suddenly shut down. I had found the ceiling space but hadn't got as far as knocking the wardrobe over. So i tried to open the game again but i can't even get the game to load now.- really frustrated with this as i really enjoyed the game so far and seems a waste of money. Please help

Edited on 09/17/2010 at 11:33:37 AM PST

[Post New]by triciaw105 on Sep 21, 10 3:12 PM
cannot get the kettle onto the hotplate in the store room. hotplate lit and kettle full of snow, just doesn't happen - very disappointing

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Sep 22, 10 9:20 AM
Does anyone know if these issues are resolved. I went in to buy this game and brought it up to play for the remaining 22 minutes. Got as far as saying I wanted to play and the entire game froze solid. I need an ice chipper. Anyone with suggestions? I did the update, but evidently it didn't help!

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Sep 25, 10 4:58 AM
I have downloaded the updated (bug fix) version of this game but I'm afraid to say that it still isn't working.

I had to reboot twice after complete freezes and blue screens when trying to drill the hole through the floor into the basement for the wire to go through (in level 4) but eventually got past that.

Then at the end of level 5 / start of level 6 (Corkscrew HOG) again the screen froze and I had to reboot but this time there was no escape and that's where I'm currently stuck.

I tried re-installing and going back a version on Flash Player to no avail

I have bought over 30 BFG games but this is the biggest disaster so far

Very disappointed and await further bug fix version

[Post New]by tadlem43 on Sep 28, 10 11:38 PM
i'm in the spring room, the pipe in the cup on the wall in the bathroom shows that it has 'floated' to the top, but when i click on it, it is still at the bottom and says 'i need to push it out somehow'. i've deleted and reinstalled this game 3 times...at least because of different technical problems. this install is supposed to have the bugs fixed but i've reached the point of total frustration!
any suggestions?? i like the game, but wow........

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Oct 2, 10 9:46 AM
At least some of you can play lol. I click 'play' and it tells me it's running. It's not...cleared my cache- restarted my pc- still to no avail. It won't even let me uninstall! It tells me to stop it first!! Guess I'll have to go in by way of control panel to delete it & hope!

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 9:46:53 AM PST

danooli
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by danooli on Oct 16, 10 12:44 PM
i'm up to the room with the live wire, and when i picked up the electrical tape, it just disappeared. now i'm stuck because apparently i NEED the tape in order to get the wire.

help, please?

[Post New]by roricchiost on Oct 17, 10 1:16 PM
I can't find the 5th gold stash so I can get the Talismon. The screwdriver will not work on the shiney plate.

amybc
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by amybc on Oct 29, 10 4:09 PM
danooli wrote:i'm up to the room with the live wire, and when i picked up the electrical tape, it just disappeared. now i'm stuck because apparently i NEED the tape in order to get the wire.

help, please?

Did you ever get an answer, I have the same problem

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Nov 20, 10 8:41 PM
I cannot load this game AT ALL! When i try to open the game i only get a blank black screen and nothing else. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times. Has anyone else had issues. What can i do? I would appreciate some help.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Nov 21, 10 3:27 AM
This game has had technical issue's from the start but I kept going. I cannot get any further now unable to get into the clairvoyant room after lighting all the candles in order the game just freezes every time. Its like watching a movie and missing the end its very dissapointing. I buy these games in good faith and expect quality products. I also updated the game which took a lot longer than normal.

Edited on 11/21/2010 at 3:28:35 AM PST

[Post New]by PalmTreeFan on Dec 1, 10 5:02 PM
roricchiost wrote:I can't find the 5th gold stash so I can get the Talismon. The screwdriver will not work on the shiney plate.

[Post New]by PalmTreeFan on Dec 1, 10 5:03 PM
I cannot get the 5th gold coin stash either. There are no other ones to pick and it still shows I have 4/5. What is it with this room?

[Post New]by fbloss on Jan 1, 11 9:52 AM
We are having similar problems as others have posted on this forum. This game was working fine, but tried to use a hint and the game froze. Quit the game but now when we try to run it, all we get is a blank screen then it minimizes into the task bar. This happens over and over when we try to go to the game again from the task bar. Uninstalled it, reinstalled it with same results. Updated video drivers for our video card with same results. Game is running in Windows 7 Pro 32-bit, all updates applied.

[Post New]by micahll on Jan 18, 11 1:42 AM
I purchased the game but it doesn"t save my game.help please

[Post New]by ejaymil on Mar 2, 11 7:32 PM
tadlem43 wrote:i'm in the spring room, the pipe in the cup on the wall in the bathroom shows that it has 'floated' to the top, but when i click on it, it is still at the bottom and says 'i need to push it out somehow'. i've deleted and reinstalled this game 3 times...at least because of different technical problems. this install is supposed to have the bugs fixed but i've reached the point of total frustration!
any suggestions?? i like the game, but wow........

Go to: