bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

New Version for Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest available! September 13,2010

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 13, 10 4:19 PM
We have a new version of Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest available now. This new version of the game fixes the Minigame/Puzzle Vignette and the error when clicking on the Gate.

IMPORTANT:

You will need to create a new player profile if you update to the new version because the old profile won't work with the new version.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 11:22:19 AM PST

Re:New Version for Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest available! September 13,2010

[Post New]by vindictive666 on Sep 13, 10 5:57 PM
for some reason my game manager does not find any game updates ?

regards john

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:New Version for Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest available! September 13,2010

[Post New]by hollyodie on Sep 13, 10 8:51 PM
Ditto - Game Mgr didn't find any update for this game

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Sep 13, 10 10:20 PM
No updates here neither!

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on Sep 14, 10 1:02 AM
I don't find any updates for this game. The only updates I can find are for Haunted Hotel : Lonely Dream and Nightmare Adventures : The Witches Prison.
But I don't have any problems with them.
I am, also getting stuck, after clearing the caterpillars at the entrance to the mine.
Does this fix that problem?

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 1:08:42 AM PST

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 14, 10 5:15 AM
My first thought was "great"...I reinstalled the demo to see if I could finish...and it froze as soon as I tried to enter the secret room. Had to ctrl/alt/del to get out of it. Closed the game from the task manager; BFG manager said I had 15 mins left of the demo but the game would not start again; have to reboot to clear it. So far, not impressed with this "new" version.

mymya
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mymya on Sep 14, 10 6:16 AM
no updates found!

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Sep 14, 10 7:56 AM
Well ......... I think it's great that there is an updated version of this game, to correct the problems others have incurred ...........HOWEVER, just what was corrected will never be discovered by me, as I STILL freeze after the hidden room. Will there be additional updates to fix THAT problem? I did reinstall the updated version, to no avail. Did not purchase this game, thank goodness. Finally wised up to the fact that Buying BFG is now done by me as a :blind faith" decision, since many games, after purchase, have major glitches not demonstrated in the demo's. Tired of contacting CS.

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Sep 14, 10 10:25 AM
I didn't get an update in my game manager either. So half way thru the game when I got to the "cave" glitch..I came here and sure enough had to trash the whole game and start over. I hate when that happens. But since this is only the second game out of all the games I've gotten from BF that I've had to reinstall...I guess I can't complain.

BTW..just finished the game. Loved it! Didn't have any problems after installing the new update. Glad I used a credit on it.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 14, 10 10:37 AM
No update for me either .

I have already started a new profile after the game froze the first time I played and completed the butterfly minigame and now it has frozen again after I had got the gems for the miner.

for a Mod to tell us why the Game Manager is not showing the update please.

C

bfgOkeechobee
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by bfgOkeechobee on Sep 14, 10 11:24 AM
Hey folks!

This update actually wasn't flagged in the Game Manager. Our apologies for any confusion! So to get the newest version, simply uninstall the game and re-install it from your Purchase History. If you haven't purchased the game, you can re-install the game directly from the game page here.

jbinch
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jbinch on Sep 15, 10 2:34 AM
Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning and I'm having the same problems in the secret room. The inventory bar across the bottom is gone, the middle pillar has no object or laser beams and none of the items that you're supposed to click on or pick up are there. At the same time, I've had Golf Adventure Galaxy installed for a couple of years and everytime I install this game, I need to activate the Golf again...what's up with that ?? Come on BFG...time to pull this one and give everyone their $$ back. And maybe an extra credit just to compensate for the frustration.

fraziely
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by fraziely on Sep 16, 10 10:34 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled-but the game still keeps either freezing and/or shutting down, due to errors of some sort. Maybe I mistakenly assumed the original thread on this post meant that the game was 'good to go'; and ready for use. I don't know...I'll be patient, and wait for an update on the game manager. But, I think this one is a wash. What a waste....

sneak
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by sneak on Sep 17, 10 1:49 PM
I uninstalled the original game and installed the new version and I have just finished the game. I did have problems with first version but it is running fine now. Great game, can't wait for the next one!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 22, 10 6:57 AM
Same problem as before. Freezes at secret room and I have to turn off comp. to get out. The devs can stuff this game!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 22, 10 12:58 PM
THIS IS MY SECOND "I HAVE HAD IT" POST ON A GAME...the first time came out i did 'try it'....got stuck in the secret room...had to off the computer just to restart again...uninstalled and being that was about the third game in the prior weeks that were 'tech horrible'....had my computer updated to all the new stuff and zapped out the virus's....SO I DID A 'TRY IT' AGAIN...now my game mngr says the trial expired....I AM SO FLUSTRATED...have game coupon credits and afraid to use...got to go or may vent relentlessly

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 12:59:17 PM PST

Go to: