bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 13, 10 4:22 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by ladyclarksdale on Sep 13, 10 5:12 PM
STUCK IN The ANCIENT CAVE
The Strang Metal will not move in it's place , have to leave game need help, can't get back the old man to pick up cherries

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Sep 13, 10 6:02 PM
The fix did not help me. I can play until I go to the secret room. Then I lose the cursor & inventory. The screen loading starts to stutter (it's the only way I can describe it).

Ctl/alt/del did get me about 2/3 of the Task Manager but no cursor and the arrow keys did not work. I had to power down.

I give up on this game. My loss since it is one of 3-4 games in the last couple of weeks I cannot play. But it is BFG's loss too since they are not getting my money. Sad.

So I'll go back to Poe's Black Cat which works fine.

[Post New]by vindictive666 on Sep 13, 10 10:46 PM
game runs fine for me now

it is game of a two parter lol

regards john

[Post New]by Coronagold on Sep 14, 10 6:30 AM
Same experience....hidden room, no cursor, no task/inventory bar on bottom. I noticed though that the laser cage on the right is animated. I get a new frame every 6 seconds. Otherwise, that's it. Had to Alt F4 out.

I'm beginning to think that most recent games are being created with Windows7 and DirectX 10, increasing incompatibilities with a LOT of gamers. See there's this little thing called the economy. And if you haven't noticed it's currently lying face down in a wood chipper. Thus nobody's buying newer PC stuff.

[Post New]by coolcatherine on Sep 14, 10 7:43 AM
Hi,
I'm in Igazu. I've restored all the totems back but I can't get any farther: I can't close that window . The hint button keeps Shining but nothing appears on the screen.
My cursor works, the sound is working and I can use the brush or the hammer if I want to.
Has anyone the same problem?

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 14, 10 10:50 AM
coolcatherine wrote:Hi,
I'm in Igazu. I've restored all the totems back but I can't get any farther: I can't close that window . The hint button keeps Shining but nothing appears on the screen.
My cursor works, the sound is working and I can use the brush or the hammer if I want to.
Has anyone the same problem?

Sorry CoolCatherine but the game seems to keep freezing after the minigames, not just at the totems ... it froze for me after the butterfly minigame exactly the same, you can use the tools and exit the game to the menu but you can't continue with the game . I started a new profile and it let me continue playing and then it froze at another minigame .

bfgTigris posted that a new version was available yesterday but my Game Manager is not showing an update available so we are waiting to hear further.

As you have to start the game from the beginning after you have downloaded the update I can only suggest that you wait with us for news.

Have a while we wait.

C

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Sep 14, 10 7:03 PM
PLEASE
there are so many problems with this game i am stuck at the miners cave like so many others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the game sticks and BF help on download freezing etc does not work it is a programe error
we cant all be wrong
you must either sort it
or give us a game credit
I am getting sick and tired of bad games that do not load or play
have been with BF for long time but tired of games that have not been checked
hate the hassle of trying to get refund on a game that should be good

sorry but thanx

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Sep 14, 10 8:21 PM
BFG, thanks for the fix

missmnk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by missmnk on Sep 15, 10 2:18 AM
Game froze on the collect honey stage cant get rid of the window with the pots no matter what I do can you help?

[Post New]by coolcatherine on Sep 15, 10 5:14 AM
Hi
The update seems to work for me so far.
I've got further than the totems in Iguazu;
I've uninstalled the game , re-installed the update and changed my profile name.
Hope it keeps on working fine.

[Post New]by ron_buddy on Sep 15, 10 8:53 PM
This game also has a problem. Get to secret room and it freezes up.fix it please.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 16, 10 12:39 AM
I got to the pyramids and got into trouble with the demand for lemon juice. As soon as I cut the brambles blocking me from the lemon grove, my scissors disappeared. They were not supposed to do that, but they did. This effectively prevented me from continuing to play the game, as you can't progress without lighting the interior of the pyramid, you can't do that without lemon juice, you can't obtain lemons without shearing them off of the lemon trees, and you can't shear the lemons without scissors.

[Post New]by amandajday on Sep 16, 10 8:52 AM
The game won't allow me to retrieve the final captain's belonging from the beach. I've tried everything but to no avail.

Please help.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Sep 17, 10 10:50 PM
It took 6 minutes of demo time just to get to the character intro scene, then more "loading." Hit "Click to continue" and got a black screen with only the cursor showing. I did ctrl/alt/del and was presented with some 30-character fatal error msg. My system specs are all up-to-date. Too bad--I was looking forward to this one.

[Post New]by SherryHolt on Sep 18, 10 8:41 PM
oldaunt wrote:I played this all the way throught with no problems the 1st time
Now I went back to play again and I am frozen in time on the hook tank thing to get the jugs or vases , whatever they are, for the ghost on the ship.

I could not even shut down the computer,I had to completely shut my system down to get to where I could delete the game.
Hope they get a fix for it soon, enjoy the game. After seeing all the comments I'll wait before contacting CS, it seems they are aware of the problem.

I am having the same problem - first time through. I got all of the shells and goblets, but the hook is frozen at the top of the minigame and I can't "X" out of it to continue the game.

Guess I will wait for an update, but typically, updates make you start all over from the beginning of the game.

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 8:44:27 PM PST

Inanga
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Inanga on Sep 19, 10 2:33 AM
I bought this game after the demo and now cannot pick the cherries - help!!!!

[Post New]by Fisherlady2 on Sep 20, 10 4:35 PM
I can't play this game as it freezes as I go into the study . It seems like I need a flashlight to see what is going on but all I get is a black scene with the border around it. I can use all the stuff around the border but not inside of it. Why?

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Sep 22, 10 3:29 PM
Hmmm, stupid me, i bought the game today without testing the trial and lo and behold it's stalled within 5 minutes of playing.
Got to the secret room with the lasers and i'm unable to do anything except reboot the computer to get out of the game entirely.
Sooooooooo....i've now unistalled and i'm reinstalling to see if that helps.
Why oh why don't i check these threads more often

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Sep 22, 10 3:54 PM
Okay so uninstall/reinstall didn't work. I've reloaded the game, shut down custom cursor, new profile etc...etc... etc... Yawn. It's still freezing up at the lasers screen. I want my money back

Go to: