bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Brides: Love Over Death

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 14, 10 12:23 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Vampire Brides: Love Over Death? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Brides: Love Over Death

[Post New]by lynn009 on Sep 14, 10 1:04 AM
object too small and no clues on the puzzles a pass for me also.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 14, 10 1:16 AM
Wow - sounds bleak... This game is totally getting slam-basted over at another site as well. I don't know if I will even demo.... will be waiting for more to chip in with opinions I guess. I am busy playing another game now anyway.. Thanks for the reviews CasualGran and lynn009. Hello lynn009 - first time I have seen you post in here! Nice to "meet" you...

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 1:18:47 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 14, 10 1:32 AM
Well I played my hour demo. It was an OK game. It didn't have all the bells and whistles I look for in a good HOG. The items are way to small. There is no point playing a game for me, if I need to use the hint button more then once in a scene, just to find the hidden objects. It's a no buy for me. I was really pulling for this game. I need a good HOG, in the worst way.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Sep 14, 10 2:27 AM
Well I did stick it out for the full hour but that time was mostly taken up trying to find the objects and I used hint after hint after hint. Even with the hint showing me the saw in the cellar plus the aid of a magnifying glass and bought reading glasses it still didn't look like a saw to me .

Although I love this type of game, I will not be buying this one. Sorry developers but I like to find the objects myself and not have to rely on your hint buttons.

C

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 14, 10 2:38 AM
Played for just over 10 minutes and couldn't bear it any longer - quite boring and, it seems, quite repetitive right from the start. The graphics are not great - don't like 'real' images anyway - and the Hidden Objects scenes weren't very clear (I had to use the Hint button a lot).

Also, what really irritated me was that eye as the Hint button. I hate it when I watch movies where you can see an eye on the other side of a keyhole, and that's what this eye reminded me of. It was not even a pleasant-looking eye, but really turned me off right from the start.

So, it's definitely a no-buy for me.

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Sep 14, 10 3:39 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:15:40 AM PST

retroFish
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by retroFish on Sep 14, 10 4:08 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:29:54 PM PST

[Post New]by jaguar100 on Sep 14, 10 4:20 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:47:40 AM PST

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Sep 14, 10 4:20 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 2:57:02 AM PST

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Sep 14, 10 4:33 AM
I played the hour demo but was a bit bored with it. Objects were a bit difficult to spot and had to use hints a few times. It just didn't draw me in, the story, graphics, games, etc. were all just okay.

Not going to waste my money on this one.

tufty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Brides: Love Over Death

[Post New]by tufty on Sep 14, 10 5:51 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Vampire Brides: Love Over Death? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Sep 14, 10 6:36 AM
Played the full hour of the demo, hoping it would get better. It didn't. I had to use the hints constantly to find the tiny objects. No fun there. I like to find the objects myself. No buy for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 14, 10 6:59 AM
Its an okay, average hog, but nothing special in my opinion. Many objects are a little bit tiny. The storyline is so-so, graphic is good. I will keep this in mind, if we have another sale. But no buy yet.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Sep 14, 10 7:00 AM
I played for about 7 minutes and stopped to check the forum to see if I was the only one thinking the objects were too small and hard to find. From reading others posts, I am not.

I am also a bit tired of most HOGs starting out with trying to get into the front door of a house.

No buy for me. Sorry.

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Sep 14, 10 7:05 AM
Played the one hour demo somewhere else when it first came out. At first I found it hard to find objects but after about 30 minutes I settled in to the scenes and it got easier. Middle of the road HOG for me. Will be buying this game eventually to see how the story plays out. I figure it has to get more interesting now that the introduction is out of the way.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Sep 14, 10 7:16 AM
A definite buy for me since my dad was from Moldova! Although the wrong side of the tracks since we're Gypsies, my dad had a great sense of humor and would have enjoyed seeing a graphical interpretation of his old homeland! My eyesight is going but I think that the Agatha Christie games are much more difficult to see and I never replay them. This game was "seeable" and I believe it will have good replay value.

pjandmaui
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pjandmaui on Sep 14, 10 8:14 AM
agree with most comments -objects too small - alittle slow and boring story line. my biggest pet peeve is when you are trying to complete a task and click the hint button and the hint you get is telling you to do the task ! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr -like i didnt already know that !! LOL - i want to know where to find what i need to complete it. - like where's the ax or saw or whatever to cut the dang log! LOL

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 14, 10 8:17 AM
bought it and I enjoyed playing this game. Quite easy, nice graphics and puzzles easy. My only complain is that it too short.. 2 - 3 hours I think.

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 8:18:16 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 14, 10 8:32 AM
I so love these types of games but this one is another one that could have been great but it sort of fizzled out. The scenes are pretty, but the objects are small and hard to spot without using hints. (Do not understand why developers think it is fun to look for objects that you can barely see). And then there is that annoying EYE staring at you. Not a buy for me.

Go to: