bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Vampire Brides: Love Over Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 14, 10 12:24 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Post any Vampire Brides: Love Over Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Sep 14, 10 7:15 AM
Hmm- despite of the rather lukewarm reception of this game by other fishies, I wanted to try it.
But, alas, I come to the first scene, and can't go anywhere or click on anything.

There is a instruction in the middle of the screen which tells me to click on highlighted areas; that's not working. And I can't seem to get rid of the little instructionscreen either.

Too bad!

[Post New]by wichitakid on Sep 14, 10 7:37 AM
I am having the same problem... it says the cursor will change to a magnifying glass, and that doesn't happen either. Grrr... can't click on anything, and can't get rid of the "help" screen either. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 14, 10 9:04 AM
Im having the same problem. I tried to quit and go back, and got rid of the instruction screen but my arrow stayed an arrow. I want to play this game but they sure are making it hard! What do I do?

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Sep 14, 10 9:33 AM
I am also pleagued with the same problem as you guys..Can't go anywhere..Another game that does not work properly

[Post New]by jenniewalshe on Sep 14, 10 9:37 AM
Hi guys - I am also having this problem. I have tried closing down & reopening & changing my profile but can't get past the first screen!

[Post New]by gwenbaby_02 on Sep 14, 10 11:50 AM
I was moving along in the demo pretty good, until I hit the drag and drop gear mini-game, then the game seemed to lock up. I could grab the gears, but couldn't put them anywhere but back where you take them from, couldn't pause the game or skip it when that option became available. I was only able to get out of the game at that point by three keying my comp and ending it that way, too bad because I was considering possibly getting this game.

[Post New]by irish_peg on Sep 14, 10 1:29 PM
I also am having the same problem with not being able to start the first scene. Really frustrating. Tutorial comes up in front of where I should be clicking and cursor does not change to magnifying glass. Probably not worth the buy for me unless they fix issues. Not being able to even start the game does not leave much hope for the middle and the ending.

[Post New]by Topper123 on Sep 14, 10 2:45 PM
Well I, like everyone else, is having the same problem as everyone else. The one exception is, I bought the game. I got thru the demo ok so I supposed everything was ok. Then I got to the gear game and the trouble started. Sure hope they get this problem corrected soon. Looks like a game I would like.

[Post New]by aidinslevel on Sep 14, 10 3:59 PM
Count me in.. they better have a fix for this asap... very frustrating!!!

gam2019
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gam2019 on Sep 14, 10 8:05 PM
I deleted after 10 minutes of pure frustration. Not only does the game freeze but you can't pick up or use the tools found...I had to shut my comp. down to get out as none of the play quit buttons show up...

Sorry, until glitches (major ones at that) are fixed, I won't be bothered with this game.

Jaiquithe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Jaiquithe on Sep 14, 10 8:34 PM
I'm also having a problem with the first scene...can't go anywhere, can't do anything and the instruction square is just there. Can't click to get rid of the instructions and can't click on any 'highlighted area' and have anything happen. It's frustrating. Hope they fix this soon.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Sep 14, 10 9:27 PM
I am getting sick and tired of games that do not work once you have taken the time and used up internet usage to down load them. Cannot get past the first screen message won't go and arrow won't take me anywhere. Frustration +

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 9:28:12 PM PST

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 14, 10 9:53 PM
Well, I bought it too. The demo worked fine. Got into the game and got as far as the trunk in the basement where you put the heart. However, when I enlarged the heart to put the runes in, it froze. Had to shut down my pc to get out. Am as frustrated as the rest of you.

[Post New]by Dinointhesun on Sep 14, 10 10:13 PM
Have the same issue at the beginning of the game - cannot get move forward - no matter what I do. Even tied to changed players too! Darn it!

maxpatch
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maxpatch on Sep 14, 10 11:06 PM
i have read all reports about the game freezing up, and yes mine did the same thing,with the gears,get it fixed please,i like this game,,

[Post New]by rayvad on Sep 15, 10 11:08 AM
Hi all, well I liked the game, sorta easy. my gripe is that is I made it to the last level, I`m standing on the red carpet in the garden and can`t leave. any answers??? I checked the walk through and I`ve still got places to go. Help

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Sep 15, 10 12:40 PM
I CAN'T GET THIS GAME TO LOAD AT ALL. LOOKS LIKE MY KIND OF GAME BUT WILL WAIT AWHILE AND SEE IN A FEW DAYS IF IT WILL LOAD ...........GIVE IT ONE MORE CHANCE---LOOKS GOOD

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 15, 10 1:26 PM
Hey Fishies,

It sounds like a number of you are having troubles with the first scene of the game. If you could please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report so that more information can be collected. This report will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. This report will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, please click on the green envelope to the right then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

josumo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by josumo on Sep 15, 10 2:00 PM
Just got this game today, love it, loaded no problem. But on the 4 symbols that you need to locate to open the safe, did all the hidden objects that were required, never got the moon symbol, tried to use the hint option but it does not locate it for me. Do you think there is a glich in the game. Looked in all the rooms again, cant get or find the moon symbol. Can you help me??

Go to: