Mystery Case Files: Dire Cove

[Post New]by weekendhobby on Sep 14, 10 8:16 AM
Please help ne open the wall for the ruins, I have ried everything, nothing works!!!

sbyrd
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Cove

[Post New]by sbyrd on Sep 14, 10 8:21 AM
Hi, here's a link to Big Fish's walkthrough
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

Hope that helps you...just copy and paste or just do a search for the game and you can find the walkthrough

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Sep 14, 10 8:25 AM
Hi weekendhobby,

Welcome to the pond!

The best place to discuss games and get hints and tips is in the Game Forums. These are easy to get to, just click the Forums tab on the home page. Then you can search your game under ‘All Game Forums’ .

Also, if you have a specific question, you can click the Advanced Forum Search under the Search All Forums. Here you can choose a specific game and type a keyword like “portal” and all of the posts about “portal” will come up!

Another good thing to know is that if there is a walkthrough for the game it will be located at the top if the forum. You can find a walkthrough for this section of the game here .

It shows how to open up the portal by aligning the stones correctly.

I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ game forum and this discussion can be continued here as sbyrd pointed out .

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by weekendhobby on Sep 14, 10 7:57 PM
sbyrd wrote:Hi, here's a link to Big Fish's walkthrough
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

Hope that helps you...just copy and paste or just do a search for the game and you can find the walkthrough

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

[Post New]by weekendhobby on Sep 14, 10 8:05 PM
HELP!! For anyone who has played Dire Grove recently,m I am stock at the ruins wall, checked the video and placed them just as I see them,checked the walkthrough a MILLION TIMES!! NOTHING, the wall won't open. PLEASE ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY I NEED YOUR HELP, if anybody knows the answer please tell me in what other order do they go??? THANKS

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 14, 10 8:46 PM
Okay--lets take this step by step:

Did you play your video tape and see the four different shapes as they appeared in the columns? If you label the columns from left to right, 1, 2, 3, 4--you should see a shape--square, circle, up triangle, down triangle--in each column. You must take note of WHERE in the column each one is--from top to bottom-- a, b, c, d.

So, if there is a circle in the next to the last slot in column 1, that circle is in 1c.

Make note of all the shapes in this manner. The sequence is random, so you must note what YOUR video tape shows you.

Go to the ruin wall. See the wheels to the right and left with the round stones. You can use those stones. If column 1 slot c is supposed to be a circle, you must first put one round stone in column one (slot d)--so when you place the ruin, it will be in slot c. Follow this logic for the other columns. Hope this helps.

eta-typo

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 6:42:14 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 15, 10 5:37 AM
Another point of note is that you have to be able to see all four symbols on your video grid for the puzzle to work.

The displacement of symbols is random from game to game (the journal page is a guide, not the solution) and there has to be a video in the slot in your criime computer grid for the symbol to show up on.

[Post New]by granddaughters2 on Jun 3, 11 12:05 PM
Im stuck on the phone number of allison can someone help

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jun 3, 11 10:16 PM
Hey there, granddaughters!

You have to find Alison's cell phone (this happens pretty late in the game) in order to get the code for the suitcase.

After you find the phone, plug it into the phone charger (there's an outlet in the Nautical-themed bedroom at the hotel) and complete the puzzle on the screen to see her number.

I know this is pretty vague, but I don't know where you are in the game and I don't want to spoil anything ... I hope this helps a little, though ... Good luck!!!

Go to: