bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 15, 10 12:05 AM
$250 Million in solid gold has been stolen from an armored car. The gold's owner has hired you to find and return the gold before the trail goes cold and it is lost forever. Become the legendary Mystery P.I. and find the hidden clues necessary to crack the case! Use your Hidden Object skills to explore the gorgeous city of San Francisco and find the stolen gold in Mystery P.I. - Stolen in San Francisco!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 15, 10 12:37 AM

Ashamed to say I used a credit to buy this for the same reason that you might go to a restaurant with a franchise name you recognize: you know exactly what you're getting and it wasn't brilliant but it was good enough and you know what to expect.

This game plays essentially the exact same game as all the other Mystery PIs before, with the same repeating objects but fewer mini-game variations. The only real thing that has changed is the setting.
I used to live in SF so, I'm getting this game for the setting.

If you like the other Mystery PIs it is predictable that you will like this one.

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 1:06:48 AM PST

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Sep 15, 10 1:05 AM
Never really got too excited over the Mystery P.I. games.

With all the great new games out now, this is an easy one to pass on.

The 'same ol', same ol' just isn't going to cut it any more.

Angel

ETA: After reading my own post here I felt like it sounded a bit harsh...

That wasn't my intention.

Nothing wrong with the games.

In their time they were pretty good games.

Angel [Trying to write a 'kinder, gentler review... Not so sure I succeeded]

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 1:25:18 AM PST

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Sep 15, 10 1:13 AM
Even though the Mystery P I series is all the same, I like them because of the locations. They have beautiful scenery. I get them mainly for that reason. I haven't tried this one yet, but like you jkuci, I know what to expect so it's not going to be like I wasted my money or be a big disappointment. . I don't know if I will get it this month or wait until next month so I can fill a punch card then.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Sep 15, 10 3:10 AM
Played the demo and as others have mentioned, it is as expected. No surprises, nothing new other than the location.

With all the other exciting, more thought provoking games out there, this one is a no buy for me.

I was already at Chapter 8 on the demo. Not sure how many chapters there are, but it was too simple for my tastes.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Sep 15, 10 6:34 AM
The only thing that changes in the Mystery P.I. games is the locations...the games are all good, but you really only need one.

shaboo58
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by shaboo58 on Sep 15, 10 6:50 AM
Great game (series) to relax with, nothing new but like a favorite old pair of slippers, it's always nice to have around. It's buy for me.

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Sep 15, 10 8:36 AM
I believe Angel Angel was being honest and the people at BFG deserve to know what is up with their games. There is nothing wrong with Angel's healthy feedback ~ BFG expects it. I am getting ready to play the demo, probably won't buy it because they need to freshen them up a bit more.

Thanks BFG for all you do for us.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Sep 15, 10 9:16 AM
There are some of us who enjoy the traditional hidden object games. With so many developers moving to IHOG and HOG/Adventures, there are only a few series left for us.

The Mystery P.I. series is like comfort food for me. I demo only to make sure the game runs on my older PC.

Definite buy for me.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Sep 15, 10 12:05 PM
Outdated and old hat...sounds like a meeting of my friends and I. But boy oh boy do we have a collection of colorful hats with wonderful dated stories.

I have the other five Mystery PI Games and will buy this one without a trial. As I have stated before elsewhere on BF. I am leaning more towards the old games from 2007 and 2008. The technical aspects of the new games, the intrigue along with the interaction are fine and good but I am getting tired of the "new" stuff very quick.

So you will excuse me if I don an old hat, tell an outdated story and revel in my memories of what used to be...someday this future will be your memories...I hope they hold up as well as mine.

Thanks BF for another great game..

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Sep 16, 10 7:50 AM
Don't know if I am posting in the right area: I played the demo then bought the game. There is a padlock on "unlimited seek and find" and "match three game bonus". I assumed it was there for the demo. Now that I have purchased the game how do I get that padlock off?

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Sep 16, 10 10:21 AM
joanies wrote:Don't know if I am posting in the right area: I played the demo then bought the game. There is a padlock on "unlimited seek and find" and "match three game bonus". I assumed it was there for the demo. Now that I have purchased the game how do I get that padlock off?

Hi joanies,
When you have collected all 25 keys and peace signs the unlimited seek and find and the match 3 will unlock. You will get a message once you have all the keys AND all the peace signs. The unlimited seek and find is my favorite part of these games. I love cleaning out the scenes. Now, if I could clean out all the junk in my office...

Hope that helps.

Nana Loona

[Post New]by GAMEGIRL4231 on Sep 17, 10 8:17 AM
Peace symbol in Alcatraz is on the back wall. It's the hand with fingers in a V. QUESTION: I know that you need to find the keys & peace symbols; but what is the SECRET that you need to find in each location? (i.e. fingerprint, handcuff, as in other games)

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Sep 17, 10 11:58 AM
GAMEGIRL4231 wrote:Peace symbol in Alcatraz is on the back wall. It's the hand with fingers in a V. QUESTION: I know that you need to find the keys & peace symbols; but what is the SECRET that you need to find in each location? (i.e. fingerprint, handcuff, as in other games)

The other item is a flashlight. Good luck.

[Post New]by GAMEGIRL4231 on Sep 17, 10 9:07 PM
Thank you NanaLoona for the HINT. Now I can clean up the board on my next attempt at the game. Finished the game in "record" time the first time, but was missing the SECRETS. How did you know about it? Usually about the 2nd round they give you a clue to the other SECRET.?

Edited on 09/17/2010 at 9:09:13 PM PST

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Oct 2, 10 11:14 AM
GAMEGIRL4231 wrote:Thank you NanaLoona for the HINT. Now I can clean up the board on my next attempt at the game. Finished the game in "record" time the first time, but was missing the SECRETS. How did you know about it? Usually about the 2nd round they give you a clue to the other SECRET.?

Hi GameGirl,
These games usually have the secret item, so I clicked on anything I saw in two or more scenes. In this game, the flashlight is what happens to be the secret item. I never noticed a clue before. What kind of clue do they give?

Nana

[Post New]by hmr_hed on Nov 5, 10 7:54 PM
At the end of each level of M P.I. Stolen in SF it gives a list of all the points you have and how long it took, etc.
It also says how many "Keys Found:" and "Symbols Found:". I've gotten a few by accident but I want to know what else I'm suypposed to be looking for.
What does "Keys" and "Symbols mean? I've hit almost everything in the scene and
not found anything that pumps this # up.
What am I looking for?

[Post New]by MontanaRed on Nov 23, 10 1:17 AM
I love the graphics on this game, makes me homesick. I bet the graphic artist lived in San Francisco.

The game is entertaining, but mostly bought it because it's San Francisco.

[Post New]by Unuicorn2271 on Sep 21, 11 10:29 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with this game i can only play a few minutes and the game automatically exits help anyone please

[Post New]by Crone00 on Oct 4, 11 1:23 PM
Game is easy and graphics are nice. At the end I put together the strip puzzle and fixed the crane with screwdriver and wire. Don't know what to do with the crowbar. I can move the crane sideways but not up and down. Help?

Go to: