bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Cradle of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 15, 10 12:30 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Post any Cradle of Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Jul 16, 11 4:03 PM
I bought this game when it first came out. I tried to access it again today and I got access violation even though I have played this game time and time again. I thought my old download was corrupted so decided to download it again and I'm still getting the access violation. Very frustrating as I love this game.

[Post New]by mrsa131 on Aug 24, 11 6:29 PM
Having the same problem. Game will not start on my new computer. I played this game between every other game and play it first thing every morning with my coffee. Please help !!

JOON111
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by JOON111 on Nov 2, 11 6:04 PM
my Pc crashed and I had to replace everything, all the other games I own will load but Cradle of Rome will not load onto the game manager. So I cannot play this game that I own. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, made sure the firewall had exceptions for the files bfgclint, process & the other one, then I turned off my virus protection for a bit just to see if that worked, nope, then I made it so the game manager would run as administrator. that didn't work, I'll keep at it but you guys should help us out here, we're addicted, in a good way ;o)

[Post New]by EllesLangille on Sep 3, 12 12:19 PM
I downloaded the demo today, but when Game Manager opened up it said "Trial Expired"! Hello?! I didn't even get a chance to play it.

How does this happen?

I'm running Windows with the required config.

99% of other Demo games open/play okay --- but ot this one.

Very disappointed.

Edited on 09/03/2012 at 12:20:14 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 3, 12 6:37 PM
Hi Elles, it could be that the demo was downloaded to your game manager previously and then deleted. You can demo a game only once at this site. If that isn't the case it could be that the download failed at some point and you could uninstall it and try again, but if the same message comes up you'll have to try demoing or renting the game elsewhere.

[Post New]by BigFishFan61 on Sep 8, 12 9:24 AM
I recently purchased "Cradle of Rome", and we enjoy the game. I spent a lot of time building, and when I left the game,, there was supposed to be a save feature to save the progress. However, when I returned to the game the following day, all progress was lost. My husband had the same problem. Why isn't the info/progress being saved for a later play?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Sep 8, 12 5:43 PM
Welcome to the pond, BigFishFan61

This is most likely caused by a program on your computer blocking the game from writing to the saved game file. One way that this can happen is if an antivirus or antispyware program puts the game download into the quarantine location.

[Post New]by Caryl_Gill on Nov 22, 13 2:18 PM
Hi - I'm also having a problem with saving a game. I can save ok up to level 20 the the game either dumps me out an i loose everything and have to start again, or if i leave after this point it doesn't save and i have to start over - very annoying. I've played it through once but it's started to do this recently

[Post New]by homeatlast on May 17, 14 3:47 PM
Same problem with the game not being saved - on any level. Where do I find my "quarantine location", please?

[Post New]by homeatlast on Jul 12, 14 1:02 PM
homeatlast wrote:Same problem with the game not being saved - on any level. Where do I find my "quarantine location", please?

I posted this on May 17 - still no answer. Very disappointed in BF....we pay our dues and get NO help?

Go to: