bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 15, 10 12:32 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery P.I.: Stolen in San Francisco

[Post New]by mathers22 on Sep 15, 10 1:16 AM
I love all Mystery PI Games - have tried this and am waiting for my Game Credit to come up to buy. Have been looking on your site for this game just waiting until the 28th of the month to purchase it.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Sep 15, 10 1:31 AM
I have them all, love them.

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Sep 15, 10 2:13 AM
This game was really fun to play, enjoy.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 15, 10 2:54 AM
One of my favorite series of games.A definite buy for me.

Joymul
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Joymul on Sep 15, 10 3:40 AM
Yay!! A new Mystery P.I. Love them all. Don't wait for your credit, buy now. Did the first round, and then purchased.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 15, 10 3:49 AM
Mystery P.I. series are good games. They play well without tech glitches. The scenery is nice...................They're just kind of out dated and old hat. If you're brand new to PC games you will find it enjoyable. If you've been around a while you'll find it boring. The developers at Mystery P.I. should take the great reputation these games have earned and expand on them technically before they don't have any laurels to fall back on. C'mon guys, let's due a little updating instead of just switching cities and using your cookie cutter to pump out another game. I'm not trying to be harsh, I own some P.I. games, but I won't be buying this one. I'll spend my money on more interesting games.
Dr.good

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Sep 15, 10 4:08 AM
I truly SpinTop games. They're like a little vacation to whatever city I want to visit that day. I have them all - all the Mystery PIs, all the Amazing Adventures and both the Escape ones. This one is downloading now. I'm sure I will purchase.

Enjoy!

Caraface
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Caraface on Sep 15, 10 4:39 AM
Question - does this game deviate at all from other Mystery PI games? They are so well designed, but I find them repetitive - if there are any added elements or IHOG components, I'd be willing to give it a whirl, otherwise I'll pass on it.

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Sep 15, 10 5:09 AM
I often read negative comments that Mystery PI series are all the same, but for me that is a great! They do a nice job on the graphics, bright and clear, some cleverly hidden. The format stays the same, so it is like seeing an old friend. The sound effects are the same as is the gameplay. The best surprise is no surprise. The only thing different is finding the peace sign.

For those not familiar with the series there are rapidly refilling hint, simple minigames, find the key and peace sign in each scene, objects are listed, some in riddle form.

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 5:11:16 AM PST

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Sep 15, 10 5:56 AM
Caraface wrote:Question - does this game deviate at all from other Mystery PI games? They are so well designed, but I find them repetitive - if there are any added elements or IHOG components, I'd be willing to give it a whirl, otherwise I'll pass on it.

I've enjoyed the previous Mystery PI games, but I found this one really boring, just a rehash of the previous San Francisco one. Even seems like some of the backgrounds are the same.

This one is not for me. I wanted to like it.

sorry no poppy points for this one, although I hope others enjoy

Poppy

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Sep 15, 10 6:32 AM
I don't care if they are all the same. After playing adventure games where I have to keep looking at the walkthrough or playing an intense TM game and repeating the same level ten times just to get gold Mystery P.I. games are just perfect to help me relax. I saw this on ST games site and have been holding last months credit to get it when it came here.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 15, 10 6:55 AM
doctorgood wrote:Mystery P.I. series are good games. They play well without tech glitches. The scenery is nice...................They're just kind of out dated and old hat. If you're brand new to PC games you will find it enjoyable. If you've been around a while you'll find it boring. The developers at Mystery P.I. should take the great reputation these games have earned and expand on them technically before they don't have any laurels to fall back on. C'mon guys, let's due a little updating instead of just switching cities and using your cookie cutter to pump out another game. I'm not trying to be harsh, I own some P.I. games, but I won't be buying this one. I'll spend my money on more interesting games.
Dr.good

I agree. Well said. I was just going to use the word 'template' LOL. Must not cost them much to make these games. Just change the city name. I see they still have the bus scene. Won't be buying neither. I have enough of them. I could play one of my older ones and it would be the same thing. Really.
But for those of you who enjoy, I'm happy for you. We're just jealous because we didn't get a game we like.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 15, 10 7:05 AM
Just the game I needed today; summer cold with all the usual myseries. Objects my watery eyes can see, nothing to tax my weary brain and traveling all over a beautiful city and forgetting how bad I feel. I like the Mystery P.I. series, like coming back to visit an old friend but with change of scenery. So putting the
IHOGs and Adventures on hold and veging out in San Francisco.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Sep 15, 10 8:14 AM
These series of games ARE really nice with clear graphics and easy objects to find, BUT...if people keep buying them, the developers won't change the fact that they're the same, over and over and over.

I do like them, don't get me wrong, but I'm not paying anymore for the same thing. I'd rather play for a new game or a sequel to a game that's different to play each time.

For new players, try the series and see if you like it. It does give you something to do in those "dry" spells of gameplaying, but just buy one. Maybe the developers will incorporate the gameplay into some really interesting games.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 15, 10 8:26 AM
Purchased all the others in this series, so will purchase this one as well. I agree, need to do something to change it up a bit. They are all the same, just different locations. I'll buy it anyway.

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Sep 15, 10 8:41 AM
Mystery PI games are well designed. Before I joined BFG, I purchased & paid full price for the first PI game. Then I saw where you could join their club and the rest is history. Thx BFG!

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Sep 15, 10 8:51 AM
I see mixed opinions on the PI games. Maybe BFG could set up 2 versions in 1 game. For example: Have the game go in 2 different directions. One being the same 'ol ~ same 'ol and the other a spruced up version. Like the game has 2 paths to pick from. That way the people that DO NOT want change or DO want change can have their cake and eat it too.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Sep 15, 10 9:19 AM
carolinacat wrote:These series of games ARE really nice with clear graphics and easy objects to find, BUT...if people keep buying them, the developers won't change the fact that they're the same, over and over and over.

I do like them, don't get me wrong, but I'm not paying anymore for the same thing. I'd rather play for a new game or a sequel to a game that's different to play each time.

For new players, try the series and see if you like it. It does give you something to do in those "dry" spells of gameplaying, but just buy one. Maybe the developers will incorporate the gameplay into some really interesting games.

I agree

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 15, 10 10:29 AM
I love this series even though it's old hat as far as games go. The graphics are so clear and the hint reloads fast if you're in a hurry. I'm downloading now and very excited to see the city I grew up in with all the touristy stuff, etc. Challenge, nope, relaxing and fun yep!

Go to: