lucyplay22
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

LOSING MONEY

[Post New]by lucyplay22 on Sep 15, 10 6:16 PM
I'VE NOTICED THE LAST COUPLE OF BE A KING 2, WHEN I PLAYED IT. I WAS LOSING MONEY; HOW DOES IT HAPPEN THAT A MINUS SHOWES UP IN THE GOLD NR AND IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE.

CAN'T PLAY UNTIL I GET THE SOLUTION; NO POINT. I END UP IN THE MINUS WITH GOLD AND CONSEQUENTLY. CAN'T PROGRESS WITH MINUS GOLD

PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE; I ENJOY THIS GAME.

THANK YOU

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:LOSING MONEY

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Sep 26, 10 8:58 AM
You are paying out more then you are bringing in. If you have a lot of military posts, mining and logging camps, those all cost money to maintain. You need to have money coming in to counteract them. Trading houses and town houses earn good money.

To start any game, I will build one barrack, 1 farm and then three trading houses if possible. Then I start building from there. You need to watch the bottom information screen where it shows how much you are bringing in each week. If you are in the negative, you need to build some profitable houses.

Haroldge
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Haroldge on Nov 24, 10 2:25 AM
I was going to aask what makes and loses income. So barracks and lumber mill use up income. And houses generate income (I haven't gotten to trading houses yet), Do farms also generate income?

Also, I seem to have one hero nd I don;t know where he comes from. How do I get him to fight things? So far I have only done a couple of quests.

Thanks

Haroldge
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Haroldge on Nov 26, 10 4:33 PM
Iplayed another level that had the trading post. That generates a lot of income

Freka
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by Freka on Oct 1, 12 9:47 AM
Until I have enough trader houses, I use this method for gaining money:

Build a house; destroy it immediately; 1000gp.

Make sure you have at least 250 wood to build that house. This works best if you have a lumber mill or two. You'd get more money from a townhome, but then you also need stone to build it. Houses only need 250 wood and 2 workers.

If I have 6 workers and enough wood, I'll do three houses at once. By the time the last house is started, the first can be destroyed. The monsters generally leave these new houses alone.

I love trader houses. After about 5 are upgraded to royal, you don't have to worry about money again.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: LOSING MONEY

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 25, 13 9:01 PM
At any time, you can review what buildings do what, and in what range, by reading the Strategy Guide. It's available by hitting Esc inside any locality, or from the link on the opening screen.

As shown there, Farms do not produce revenue.

For more on what you can learn from leisurely perusal of the Guide, see my post "Increasing population".

Go to: