bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Farmers Market

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 16, 10 12:17 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Farmers Market? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farmers Market

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 16, 10 1:31 AM
I beta-tested this game. so I'm curious to see if the final version here is better...

Okay I tried to play it... the first thing is that I have a blinky cursor problem, which I've had with quite a few games lately, but which I can usually resolve by changing settings in Options.

I tried changing the cursor option, and I tried the various full screen and stretch screen options (- the game is designed for wide screen, with stretch option to fill squarish monitors if you want). When I tried to get out of full screen into windowed mode, I could not, since the stated screen resolution required to do that is beyond what my graphics card supports (- my highest resolution setting was a no go for this game...).

That being the case, and the beta not impressing me, I've seen enough unless the blinky cursor issue gets resolved.

Edited on 09/16/2010 at 1:45:13 AM PST

shajak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by shajak on Sep 16, 10 6:28 AM
[color=#33fffe]The Farmers Market game is an intesting one.its fun to play but gets hard pretty fast.you have to sort of understand that this is not really a time management game because you are not actually making anything. You are just clicking on your workers at the market to collect items from different vendors and deliver them to the other vendors that have to make certain good like bread,and buttered corn,hot dogs,cheeeseburger etc..soon enough you will have to build trash cans which also need to be collected,deliver drinks and build different stands like band stands. to attract more customers to the market.also you will soon begin to upgrade your stands to make multiple items like milk and butter.the graphics are good they sort of look like a colorful chalkboard.the tutorial is clear and helpful.the music is ok.this game is a strategy game that takes some thinking.it has around 60 levels so it makes it exciting its certainly not the type of game that you will go through quickly or easily.if you are looking for a mix between time managemnt and strategy games then this game is for you.i will be buying this game.[/color]

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Sep 16, 10 7:27 AM
I too beta tested this game and found it very interesting. I did not have a single technical issue. I played only the challenge mode in the test although there is a relaxed mode available. I was able to earn trophies in this mode so I don't know if they are available in the relaxed.

I always turn the music off during games because I watch TV at the same time so I can't speak to that but the game sounds were very good.

All-in-all I enjoyed the game very much. It was different in the respect that you are managing people, building items, providing entertainment, seeing to the comfort of your folks and keeping the place clean. There may be other tasks later in the levels.

It's a busy game but not so bad that you can't play (at least through the levels offered in the test). Good luck fishies and happy gaming with this one.

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Sep 16, 10 10:11 AM
I just played part of the demo and really liked it. Graphics are wonderful. A relaxing piano and fiddle tune provide pleasant ambient music. I enjoyed setting up the stalls and gathering materials. It's a farmers' market, after all! Best of all it has an untimed version so you have a choice. I'll continue with the demo a little later but it looks like a fun game and buy for me.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 16, 10 10:15 AM
I played the demo, didn't care for the game. To many steps. I loved Mr. Jones' graveyard shift so much better. There you just went to one vendor and bought what you needed. This is not a buy for me.

[Post New]by missillusioned on Sep 16, 10 11:00 AM
This game didn't do it for me either. I found the workers moved much too slowly and the game went slowly as well. I played on challenge mode and was able to get expert on every level without even having to try. Some of the tasks were a bit confusing and had too many steps.

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Sep 16, 10 11:05 AM
I like this one, even the timed mode is quite relaxed compared to the majority of TMs. Awards to grab, expert times to beat, big bunch of levels, music isn't annoying (although the full trash can alert sound makes my skin crawl), and a certain degree of strategy.

Imo all good!

[Post New]by tcru671730 on Sep 16, 10 2:00 PM
i just played and it keeps saying you have 1 miller left what is that.

abaumga2
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by abaumga2 on Sep 16, 10 2:28 PM
tcru671730 wrote:i just played and it keeps saying you have 1 miller left what is that.

Its the guy who makes wheat.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 16, 10 2:50 PM
Yay! Beta'd and loved this game - instant buy <3

P.S. Will write an in-depth review after I get a chance to play. So many nice new games lately - I'm in heaven LOL

One comment I do want to make right off the bat on this game is that this is a great challenge for experienced TM'ers if you play it in timed mode. Been a while since we had a really good TM game to challenge us & where we had to develop strategies so if you love a good TM challenge, don't miss the demo on this one.

Edited a second time to add: How many times CAN I say TM and challenge in one sentence?! LOL

Edited on 09/16/2010 at 3:41:47 PM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Sep 16, 10 4:13 PM
Really like this game I bought it after a few minutes in the trial. Busy little game so I'm glad you can choose the mode you want to play in. All around cute and fun game with some strategy to it. Lots of fun thanks Big Fish another great one !

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 16, 10 7:00 PM
I don't usually like this type of game, but this is a fun one-and not too hard, even in timed mode. I'm not sure if I'll buy-it's on my list for a day when I want something not that challenging, or I would definitely buy it on DD. Like the music, like the graphics, a nice game

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 17, 10 3:16 AM
I liked the use of the chalk drawing. That was original and cute. The graphics of the gameplay was not chalk and still very well done. I enjoyed the game. I would not consider this a TM rather a Resource management. The game can be challenging as you have to keep the vendors supplied from the farmers, who are also selling goods to the public. I found the game fun and interesting.

It's a A-. I think they could have streamlined the fetching goods for the vendor and I really hate having to click every single trash can to clean them. Can't one order do as well?

Schmootoo
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Schmootoo on Sep 17, 10 3:35 AM
Stevihj wrote: It's a A-. I think they could have streamlined the fetching goods for the vendor and I really hate having to click every single trash can to clean them. Can't one order do as well?

Ah yes if I had any complaint/suggestion about FM it would be this.
But maybe someone thought 'Hey we made a TM game and not one of the testers developed RSI......hmmmm, we need more clicks!!!'

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 17, 10 8:28 AM
I was very happy to see that we get the choice to play this game without the timer, and that we can take as long as we need to. That is a BIG plus for me. I would have bought loads of TM games by now if only there was a choice to play the game in a relaxed mode, because I don't want to play them as if it was a race. So that is a BIG PLUS!

I also love those cute animations, and the graphics are really nice as well. Gameplay is fun but can get a little repetitive - as is the case with almost all TM games.

[Post New]by KitchenTable on Sep 17, 10 11:46 AM
I love farming TMs, so I was already on board with the farmers coming into this game. I liked the interaction of producers and vendors, made more complex by the fact that the farmers sell to the public as well as vendors such as fast food stands and bakeries. The tasks for each level differed enough to add variety, and every once in a while an extra task would be added midway through the level, a feature that adds challenge to games such as Build-a-Lot. There are only so many spaces to build sales booths, and, in Challenge mode, only so much time in which to complete level requirements. This makes strategy an important part of the game, and I'm not ashamed to admit that, although only a couple of hours into the game, I've already had to replay two levels. Well-done tutorials which can be turned off when replaying a level. Nice balance of strategy and time management with a not-overused theme, good graphics (I, too, liked the chalk!) and well-defined level goals. A keeper! T

Edited on 09/17/2010 at 11:48:07 AM PST

zynn
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by zynn on Sep 18, 10 7:38 AM
I really like this game. Even in Challenge mode I am able to complete the levels in Expert time. This is important because - I LOVE TM games, but...I'm not very good at them - so with a lot of the TM games, as you move in to the higher levels, I'm not even able to complete the game, much less get trophies and fun things like that. (Wedding Dash 4-Ever, I'm looking at you!)

I like the chalkboard theme, but for me the music was a little too boring. Truth be told, I got so into the game that at times I didn't notice the music anyway!

I've still got to play all my demos from this week, and if all the games this week are as good as this, I will fill up my punch card this month with no problem!

Willieshan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Willieshan on Sep 18, 10 1:18 PM
I like this game as it is different from the standard farming games out there right now...many of them are interchangable and so I was pleased to see this different spin on the topic. I would love to buy the game but there are some bugs which need to be addressed (I posted on technical thread). Unfortunately since this is the first game I've encountered which has a bug, I don't know the procedure for learning when/if the game has been fixed. But if that happens, it's a definite buy!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 18, 10 9:58 PM
Excellent game! I had beta'd this one and knew I would be purchasing it as soon as it released. You are running a farmer's market (duh!) which entails running all sorts of stands but each product requires the ingredients of other products and so on and so on. You must manage all the ingredients to be sure they are kept in supply at the right vendors so that the proper products for your goal can be reached. Each of the stands is upgradeable as well so a milk stand may also turn into a butter stand or cheese stand (some stands can house multiple products at one time). This game can be played in either timed or untimed modes. In timed mode, it makes a challenging TM game. In untimed mode, it makes a nice farmer's market simulation. Game is well done, the graphics and animations are great. Eventually you can add additional things to your market such as a bandstand to attract more customers and you get additional tasks such as emptying the trash, serving drinks, etc. Well made game with good playability - you can go back and replay levels to try for better scores if you'd like. Highly recommend this one! Would rate this one 4.5 stars out of 5.

Go to: