bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Farmers Market technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 16, 10 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Post any Farmers Market technical issues here only

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 16, 10 1:47 AM
I beta-tested this game. so I'm curious to see if the final version here is better...

Okay I tried to play it... the first thing is that I have a blinky cursor problem, which I've had with quite a few games lately, but which I can usually resolve by changing settings in Options.

I tried changing the cursor option, and I tried the various full screen and stretch screen options (- the game is designed for wide screen, with stretch option to fill squarish monitors if you want). When I tried to get out of full screen into windowed mode, I could not, since the stated screen resolution required to do that is beyond what my graphics card supports (- my highest resolution setting was a no go for this game...).

That being the case, and the beta not impressing me, I've seen enough unless the blinky cursor issue gets resolved.

Willieshan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Willieshan on Sep 16, 10 6:09 AM
I am reporting a glitch (at least for me) in the game, and I never have game play problems with BFG, own almost 100. On the level after winning the trophy for summer tasks where they ask you to sell 8 waffles and 8? breads (I believe this is the level they introduce garbage) the problem is as follows: I have 2 millers, 2 dairy, 2 egg stands, 1 waffle maker, 1 bread maker and 2 workers. After a couple of deliveries of product to the waffle maker by a worker, he/she stops making deliveries. Instead, the worker picks up the eggs, flour & milk and routes directly back to the office instead of delivering the product to the waffle maker. Additionally, even though the worker has previously made a couple of successful deliveries to the waffle maker before this glitch occurs, and there are people at the market, no waffles are shown as being made or being sold. There are no problems with the other worker delivering goods to the breadmaker from the 2nd miller/dairy stands.

I tried restarting the level 3 times with the same exact problem, same pattern. I should note that I have not bought the game, I played it in trial mode so this is an FYI only for BFG.

UPDATE - It is level 6, and I even tried demolishing 1st waffle stand and creating a new one in a different location - same exact problem.

Edited on 09/16/2010 at 6:24:59 AM PST

[Post New]by ashkonsmom on Sep 16, 10 8:05 AM
I start up the game and my monitor turns black and says SYNC OUT OF RANGE.. it is a brand new windows 7 system but an older monitor can you give me any suggestions on how to play this game

thanks
Leanne

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 16, 10 8:22 AM
I've been very busy playing Ranch Rush and Ranch Rush 2 (Collector's Edition). If you haven't played those yet, I'd recommend those instead .

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 16, 10 3:25 PM
Hi fishies,

Thanks for taking the time to report your technical issues. For those that are experiencing a jumpy cursor, laggy game play, or a blank screen, it may help to check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. These updates are free and easy. Here is a help article that will show you how: Game Crashing, Freezing, Blank Screen.

If you are still having issues, you can always contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps,

bfgTigris

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Sep 16, 10 5:16 PM
The same thing is happening in the level (not sure of the number) where you need to sell a certain amount of roasted corn. The stand needs ingredients, but the worker picks up the ingredients from the appropriate farmers, then delivers them back to their office, and NOT to the roasted corn stand. Therefore, I'm unable to complete this level, and gave up the game.

Willieshan wrote:I am reporting a glitch (at least for me) in the game, and I never have game play problems with BFG, own almost 100. On the level after winning the trophy for summer tasks where they ask you to sell 8 waffles and 8? breads (I believe this is the level they introduce garbage) the problem is as follows: I have 2 millers, 2 dairy, 2 egg stands, 1 waffle maker, 1 bread maker and 2 workers. After a couple of deliveries of product to the waffle maker by a worker, he/she stops making deliveries. Instead, the worker picks up the eggs, flour & milk and routes directly back to the office instead of delivering the product to the waffle maker. Additionally, even though the worker has previously made a couple of successful deliveries to the waffle maker before this glitch occurs, and there are people at the market, no waffles are shown as being made or being sold. There are no problems with the other worker delivering goods to the breadmaker from the 2nd miller/dairy stands.

I tried restarting the level 3 times with the same exact problem, same pattern. I should note that I have not bought the game, I played it in trial mode so this is an FYI only for BFG.

UPDATE - It is level 6, and I even tried demolishing 1st waffle stand and creating a new one in a different location - same exact problem.

[Post New]by rhythmeme on Sep 16, 10 7:18 PM
It sounds like you're probably fetching one ingredient and not the other. For example, if your roasted corn stand currently has 9 ears of corn but no butter, and you try to fetch more corn, the worker isn't going to deliver anything to the roasted corn stand (since 9 is the maximum), and that worker still can't make any roasted corn since she still needs butter. Make sure you provide some of each input ingredient and then your stands will resume operation. This could undoubtedly be made more apparent in the game's interface.

Disclaimer: I was the programmer on this game.

tezaber wrote:The same thing is happening in the level (not sure of the number) where you need to sell a certain amount of roasted corn. The stand needs ingredients, but the worker picks up the ingredients from the appropriate farmers, then delivers them back to their office, and NOT to the roasted corn stand. Therefore, I'm unable to complete this level, and gave up the game.

Willieshan wrote:I am reporting a glitch (at least for me) in the game, and I never have game play problems with BFG, own almost 100. On the level after winning the trophy for summer tasks where they ask you to sell 8 waffles and 8? breads (I believe this is the level they introduce garbage) the problem is as follows: I have 2 millers, 2 dairy, 2 egg stands, 1 waffle maker, 1 bread maker and 2 workers. After a couple of deliveries of product to the waffle maker by a worker, he/she stops making deliveries. Instead, the worker picks up the eggs, flour & milk and routes directly back to the office instead of delivering the product to the waffle maker. Additionally, even though the worker has previously made a couple of successful deliveries to the waffle maker before this glitch occurs, and there are people at the market, no waffles are shown as being made or being sold. There are no problems with the other worker delivering goods to the breadmaker from the 2nd miller/dairy stands.

Jenc272
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jenc272 on Sep 17, 10 7:20 AM
I keep getting this error: Access violation at 0x02DEEFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

I deleted it, and re-downloaded it, and I know that my DirectX is the latest, cause I updated it a few days ago.

I am running Windows 7.

AriadneSP
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by AriadneSP on Sep 17, 10 7:37 AM
I played my full hour on the demo.. and bought it.. and the game had reset - I'd got to level 10 or so and it's lost EVERYTHING. I didn't re-download, just activated it.

Frustrating, but I guess I will start again, the game is good, but I didn't want to replay the early levels!

Willieshan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Willieshan on Sep 17, 10 8:18 AM
Dear rhythmeme, I am thrilled to hear feedback from the programmer. Unfortunately, your suggestion does not apply to my case (cannot speak for other gamers.) As indicated, I tried numerous times to play this level, and each time I clicked the waffle stand, clicked pick up supplies (or whatever the icon says at the bottom of the screen), then in turn clicked on the egg stand, miller, and milk stand. I'm going from memory at this point but rest assured that whatever the instructions/process were, I followed them to the letter. I love the game so kudos, and I hope this is a glitch you can fix as I see at least one other player is experiencing the same problem. How will I know, as BFG only allows one download of a trial game? Just keep watching the forum or rule out the game altogether?

[Post New]by Silvanus on Sep 17, 10 11:59 AM
Jenc272 wrote:I keep getting this error: Access violation at 0x02DEEFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

I deleted it, and re-downloaded it, and I know that my DirectX is the latest, cause I updated it a few days ago.

I am running Windows 7.

I've got the same problem, and not only with this game, but I'm running Windows Vista instead
thanks

unpacking error

[Post New]by marigb on Sep 17, 10 2:39 PM
I downloaded the trial and when i did it , did a version update of the bfg client and then installed the game but when it was trying to activate even the demo ( and i have no firewall running) it says error while unpacking program code 2 please contact author - and just stays it in an infinite loop then i close the manager - i open the manager says trial expired - ? then i uninstall and its not even on the download place where all the links originally go to open up the manager so yeah i redownload try to do it again to the same result. By the looks of it want to buy it but even when i click buy now says unpacking error
any ideas

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Sep 17, 10 6:40 PM
rhythmeme wrote:It sounds like you're probably fetching one ingredient and not the other. For example, if your roasted corn stand currently has 9 ears of corn but no butter, and you try to fetch more corn, the worker isn't going to deliver anything to the roasted corn stand (since 9 is the maximum), and that worker still can't make any roasted corn since she still needs butter. Make sure you provide some of each input ingredient and then your stands will resume operation. This could undoubtedly be made more apparent in the game's interface.

Disclaimer: I was the programmer on this game.

Maybe you can answer this,...how many of each ingredient will the worker pick up at once?,...for instance if I send it for eggs and the vendor has 6 eggs will it take them all or only one? Is 9 of the product the max for all stands? How do I know how much of each ingredient is at my stand?,....thanks for you help. Great game,.I'm enjoying it!

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Sep 17, 10 11:45 PM
I tried this game too. Looks fun, but not for me. I ran into the problem of some of the menus missing the wording.

[Post New]by iluvcatsk41 on Sep 18, 10 5:15 PM
I have made it to level 50 and have had no problems as of this time.

[Post New]by krisbot on Sep 18, 10 5:52 PM
Silvanus wrote:
Jenc272 wrote:I keep getting this error: Access violation at 0x02DEEFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

I am running Windows 7.

I've got the same problem, and not only with this game, but I'm running Windows Vista instead
thanks

I also have the same problem, and I'm running Windows XP.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Sep 19, 10 9:25 AM
I hardly got started when I clicked on something and the whole thing crashed. Oh, well.

[Post New]by RElliott4 on Sep 20, 10 8:12 AM
On level 38 I get to the same point every time. Everything is sold (waffles and pies), I've made the money, but I can't get 20 customers. It stops at nineteen every time. I've retried and added new vendors, famers, bandstand, judged everything--doesn't matter.
EDIT: Apologies. After many different applied strategies, I finally got this level to work.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 8:50:24 AM PST

[Post New]by rhythmeme on Sep 20, 10 10:13 AM
PinkSprinkles wrote:Maybe you can answer this,...how many of each ingredient will the worker pick up at once?,...for instance if I send it for eggs and the vendor has 6 eggs will it take them all or only one? Is 9 of the product the max for all stands? How do I know how much of each ingredient is at my stand?,....thanks for you help. Great game,.I'm enjoying it!

They pick up as many as they can, constrained by each stall only having 9 of any single ingredient. So if the roasted corn stall already has 3 ears of corn, and you pick up more corn from a stall with 8 ears of corn, you'll only pick up 6 of those.

Go to: