games that can't be won or complete

[Post New]by butterfly42 on Sep 17, 10 7:03 PM
I hate these games that sucker you into buying and then find out they can't be finished because they are impossible to get through.
I've played this game for hours on end just to almost finish the board and have time run out and your board disappears and you have to start all over again. I know I'm not the only person who feels this way, you buy a game because it's fun and then the fun is taken right out of it because you play the same board for hours on end and get no where.

games that can't be won or complete

[Post New]by librarianpat on Sep 17, 10 7:09 PM
butterfly42 wrote:I hate these games that sucker you into buying and then find out they can't be finished because they are impossible to get through.
I've played this game for hours on end just to almost finish the board and have time run out and your board disappears and you have to start all over again. I know I'm not the only person who feels this way, you buy a game because it's fun and then the fun is taken right out of it because you play the same board for hours on end and get no where.

Totally agree with you! I've been playing Cradle of Rome for the last few nights. I wish there was an option to blow up the timer!

Re:games that can't be won or complete

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Sep 22, 10 6:18 PM
i have to agree! this is the third time i have started "over" and it will be my last. it simply isn't any fun to have a game so difficult it seems as if it can't be won,

has anyone actually won this game?

as far as i am concerned, this is a another BF ripoff.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 22, 10 6:20 PM
I agree. Around the World in 80 Days was like that for me. I could not completed the last 2 levels.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Sep 22, 10 6:24 PM
I am sorry to see that you find the game so difficult but it really is not BF fault. They did not develop the game, and they did not rip off anyone.

I have to state that I have finished the game, and I love it. It is actually quite an old game and I finished it a long time ago. It is one of my favorite Match-3 games.

With the careful use of the special items, it is quite possible to finish.
The only advice I can give is keep trying and don't give up.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Sep 22, 10 8:26 PM
I agree with barregar,I have beaten this game over and over but you do have to use your special items.Try using some of them early in the board.Then they will recharge and you can use them again.This is one of my favorites too.I play it over and over.

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Sep 22, 10 11:24 PM
my apologies, what i said was rude. i understand the strategies of using the special tools and even finishing up a level with an extra but frustration in a game is not a good thing. for every one person that can finish this game, how many others give up in frustration. i can't remember the name of another match three game that was the same way. simply no way for the average person to win. i play games to relax and if the game is more stressful than fun - well that is money lost to me.

again, my apologies.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 22, 10 11:30 PM

Cradle of Rome is a cake-walk compared to Cradle of Persia...its impossible about half-way in.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Sep 23, 10 12:19 AM
I truly do not mean to be boastful, but I finished Cradle Of Persia too.
It takes a lot of strategy but it is doable.
Have you tried Caribbean Hideaway? Now, that one is a challenge but after many tries, I completed that one. It was fun.

I am by no means an expert. I am just someone who won't give up easily, so I keep trying and trying until I get it. It did take me a loooonnng time to finish though, but it was worth it.

Now I am just waiting for Cradle of Rome 2, Cradle of Persia 2, and Caribbean Hideaway 2. I hope it will happen someday.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 23, 10 12:54 AM
barregar wrote:I truly do not mean to be boastful, but I finished Cradle Of Persia too.
It takes a lot of strategy but it is doable.
Have you tried Caribbean Hideaway? Now, that one is a challenge but after many tries, I completed that one. It was fun.

I am by no means an expert. I am just someone who won't give up easily, so I keep trying and trying until I get it. It did take me a loooonnng time to finish though, but it was worth it.

Now I am just waiting for Cradle of Rome 2, Cradle of Persia 2, and Caribbean Hideaway 2. I hope it will happen someday.

Hats off to you for completing Cradle of Persia - it has given me hope that I, too, may one day conquer that bleeping game!

Cradle of Persia-2!!!!!!!????? OMG!!!!

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Sep 23, 10 10:25 AM
interesting how we see the different games. i finished cradle of persia twice which is the reason i bought cradle of rome. i am not a quitter but after a while rome has not been fun.

but i have several lives left so we shall see if i can make it through this time. last time i was within the last section and then ran out of time.

i think in order to make these games more accessible to poor folks like me, when one loses a life, don't make us start all over, just lose a life but maintain the progress. at least it wouldn't feel like a lesson in futility. or at least make that a option a choice.

rsg

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Sep 23, 10 2:27 PM
I agree that Cradle of Rome can be very challenging on some levels, but it IS possible to win. I have played this through at least 4 or 5 times, and I am not particularly good with timers - they make me anxious . That said, for me the impossible game is Atlantis Quest. I bought it after playing and beating both Rise of Atlantis and Call of Atlantis. As an earlier game, I foolishly thought it would be simpler! NO WAY! That is one that I finally gave up on - frustration is not fun! To those still plugging away on CoR, I second all the hints given above and good luck. I can't wait for Cor 2, it should be out soon!

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Sep 24, 10 1:06 AM
here it is 1 o'dark in the morning and i have had enough for the night. i saved up all my little power toys, got extra lives and achieved emperor of rome. whoo hoo, i won, right? oh no, now there is another level? olympus? two lives left, too many chains and no power tools. i hate to say it but done i am. time to try something new.

thanks for letting me vent!

Pharaohn
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Pharaohn on Sep 29, 10 2:21 PM
redshoesgirl wrote:i have to agree! this is the third time i have started "over" and it will be my last. it simply isn't any fun to have a game so difficult it seems as if it can't be won,

has anyone actually won this game?

as far as i am concerned, this is a another BF ripoff.

4 or 5 times...

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Sep 29, 10 2:56 PM
Congrats redshoesgirl! glad to see you conquered Cradle of Rome.
In fact, after reading this post, I had to go and start it all over again
I am having so much fun again. Glad to see that someone said that there might be a COR 2 coming out soon...yippee..can't wait. Hope it comes out here.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 29, 10 3:12 PM
I love Caribbean Hideaway! It was one of the first games that I played. I have finished it several times. There are a couple of levels near the end that are very difficult but I am 63 and don't have the reflexes of a young person and I finished it.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Sep 29, 10 3:35 PM
Congrats LizzieK for finishing Caribbean Hideaway several times...wow!
I only managed to finish it once. It was as much fun as COR. Now you have aroused my interest in playing Caribbean Hideaway again. I admit the last few levels are difficult but with determination, anybody can finish it. So hopefully others will give this game a try, if they haven't already done so.

Now I am eagerly awaiting COR 2. It says on the developer's website that it is coming soon and the screenshots look really nice.

[Post New]by redshoesgirl on Sep 29, 10 11:31 PM
when i said i was done, i meant i had reached emperor and i thought that was the end. when i found it wasn't, with only two lives left and no more power tools i said "i am done playing this game." congrats to those who finished it. :-)

[Post New]by babytangirl on Oct 7, 10 5:26 PM
ok rome is built and on level 84 did i won or keep going

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 5:47:57 PM PST

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Oct 7, 10 5:44 PM
There is a big cheat tip on game.. the end of the page

google for cradle of rome walkthrough