Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 18, 10 10:15 PM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is standard HOG. The music is annoying. There is no storyline except that you are taking stuff from the Titanic, which is illegal. The game gets boring around the first five minutes.

It's a F.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 25, 10 1:21 PM
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are fair. The gameplay is standard HOG. The music is annoying. There is no storyline except that you are taking stuff from the Titanic, which is illegal. The game gets boring around the first five minutes.

It's a F.

To take something from a sunken ship -- in REALITY -- is only illegal if you've not gotten a "salvage" permit.

MEnr56

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Dec 27, 10 10:51 PM
MEnr56 wrote:
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are fair. The gameplay is standard HOG. The music is annoying. There is no storyline except that you are taking stuff from the Titanic, which is illegal. The game gets boring around the first five minutes.

It's a F.

To take something from a sunken ship -- in REALITY -- is only illegal if you've not gotten a "salvage" permit.

MEnr56

The OP didn't say it's illegal to take something from a sunken ship. The OP said it's illegal to take things from the wreck of the Titanic, which is the case.

Personally, I give this game a D-minus; despite good graphics, it's otherwise just plain no fun to play.... it's a chore trying to finish it. There's no storyline; I can't tell how far I am through the game; it doesn't save my progress in the HOG scenes, which is REALLY irritating; the music is annoying; and the scenes are just wierd, given that they're supposedly underwater but look like they're not.

Editing to add: I finished the game.... ooh, big whoop, I opened the safe and there was a crown in it. My only sensation was relief that this dreadful game was done with and I can now delete it from my computer.
<end added comment>

Last but not least, I find the placement of the HOG scenes in rooms on the Titanic disturbing, given it's a real ship and people really died on it...

Edited on 01/02/2011 at 7:02:26 AM PST

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

Re:Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Dec 29, 10 7:09 AM
Adding an additional comment:

First, I forgot to mention another reason I'm really disliking this game: it refuses to keep my game settings. I don't like the music, and went into the menu and turned the volume down... but each and every time I start the game, the volume is turned all the way back up again!!! That's just plain piss-poor programming.

And finally - I just had a HOG scene in which the clue was "leg". To my horrified disgust, the "leg" was skeletal... ONCE AGAIN, YOU INSENSITIVE IDIOTS WHO WROTE THIS GAME: REAL PEOPLE DIED ON THIS SHIP!!!!!!

And this is not the only scene which contains disembodied parts, just the one where it's most blatant.

Finding skeletons in a fictional game is one thing. Finding body parts when the scenes are placed where hundreds of very real people died - and treating those body parts as being no more important than chili peppers and horseshoes - is revolting.

I don't care about the "disclaimer" at the beginning of the game - you are using the name of the Titanic, you are giving trivia facts about the real ship, you are wanting players to think and feel they're on the real ship... putting human remains in the game, and treating them with no respect or reverence is appalling.

Editing to add: I've just realized that the scene with the skeletal leg is in the Captain's cabin, and that the scene also contains a skull wearing an officer's hat.

Given that Captain Edward Smith died with his ship, this lack of respect is horrifying. I really wish there were some way to request a refund for this disgusting game.

Edited on 01/02/2011 at 7:03:56 AM PST

Re:Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by Creniere on Nov 14, 11 5:45 PM
I have to wonder why you bought the game with the name TITANIC in it if you want to treat it as a shrine. Get over it...it's a game. Buy a history book.

Go to: