bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Downbeat - Released on May 21, 2007

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
As a hip 80s DJ, youre out to pack the dance floors of clubs in cities like New York, Miami, and London. Match the beats of favorite 80s hits to keep your dance floors packed, your dancers happy, and the music flowing. Score some classic 80s memorabilia by beating the bonus goals for each level, and decorate your Trophy Room with checkered sneakers, keytars, rubix cubes, and more. Get your groove on!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Re:Downbeat - Released on May 21, 2007

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 30, 10 12:38 AM
I love 80's music, and some of the songs were pretty cool, to listen to- while playing. I bought this game a while back on a different site, and enjoyed playing. It does start off easy and then does a bit harder as you progress. I again would like to say, I know some fishies that can't handle the rapid movement of the cursor so I wouldn't recommend it. You are basically sending the dancers to their appropriate color dance floor, there are trophies to earn and no time limit, that I could recall. I had a good time, as always Happy Gaming!!

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Apr 30, 10 4:48 AM
The time limit is the duration of the song, obviously, Terry.

I wanted to like the game, but found that the time you are able to successfully click to be extremely short, so I got Rad just in the tutorial and was lost by the time I reached She drives me crazy. That song drove me crazy because I clicked perfectly in time to the beat, but apparently the little balls were a little bit late and so I repeatedly clicked it too early. Also the set shapes are kinda hard to hit.

So yes, if you are into 80s music and have a very short reaction time, this one is for you. Apparently I'm a little bit too slow already.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 30, 10 7:22 AM
It had been a very long time since I played the game as I mentioned in my above post. I received a PM asking me if I knew if there was a time limit option on the game. She said that when she played the game the song kept on going on and on and on, she thought it was a glitch. I just went ahead and stated that in my review, which was all I remembered. So no there isn't a 2 min time limit option, sorry Melinda, I did check that out for you! T

Edited on 04/30/2010 at 7:24:28 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 30, 10 10:28 AM
i found the time to lag as well, where i would be able to keep the beat and some would be perfect and some would be either late or early... i seemed to do best on the fast portions of 99 luftballons and whip it... took me a while to figure out the shorter, slower portions of material girl, but she drives me crazy really drove me crazy because it seemed the little balls came rather randomly... sometimes they would be in beat with the bass, sometimes lead, sometimes vocal... no real rhythm to find so i couldn't get past it, all my people left...

for a game that i thought would be fun and rather hoppin' - i have to say it was more on the boring and frustrating end of the game spectrum... my hand tremors didn't help, either... guess i won't be going out for a guitar hero marathon any time soon!

to those who are about to rock, i salute you!

Go to: