Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

is gold on 4.6 pure luck?

[Post New]by Yetses on Sep 19, 10 12:56 PM
It seems like it would be. I started with the tent, upgraded 2x, then the treasury, also upgraded 2x. any other way made me lose valuable time when I was out of food. However. gold and food coninue to be in rather short supply and in the end, withch all those flowers to pick, I depend on whatever pops up. Hence my question: is getting gold just a matter of luck or is there a trick I am missing?

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:is gold on 4.6 pure luck?

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on Sep 19, 10 2:25 PM
I'm glad you posted this. THis level is making me pull my hair out. I can not get it in the gold time. I'm anxious to see if anyone replies with some tips.

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Sep 19, 10 6:54 PM
I finally made it, Tough stuff!
The ware house and the upgraded treasury seemed to be enough for the gold . It was all matter of getting 3 workers as fast you can, it is impossible to (IMO) to do it with less. I also only built the saw mill and not the farm. there is SO much to do, cut ALL extraneous corners and only get what you absolutely need. Do flowers while you are waiting for other supplies to come from your treasury. Use the "low cost option" when building bridges helps.

Good luck it took me lot of tries!

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Sep 19, 10 7:18 PM
Thank you Feykina ! I got gold with lots of time left. I always went after other things but i never tried it with three workers (ASAP) it was easy after i got the 3 workers..i just used the 1/2 and keep my workers going as fast as i could. thank you

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 19, 10 7:21 PM
Ah, this one! I got stuck on it earlier today. What I didn't realize is that the treasury doesn't just give you gold - you get food and wood, too! Once I figured this out, the level was much easier!

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on Sep 20, 10 5:43 AM
YAYYYYYYYY!! Finally. Whew, thank you thank you! Now, for 4.10 and 4.11...they are driving me crazy

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Yetses on Sep 21, 10 1:49 PM
yeah, I finally got it. Now 4.7 -equally challenging...

Dottief
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Dottief on Sep 22, 10 6:13 PM
i need 4.10 and 5.11 i don't know what i'm doing wrong but i can't get gold

J4zberg
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by J4zberg on Oct 21, 10 10:17 AM
wow. This one is tough but it felt so good when I finally got gold. I concentrated on building warehouse, treasury, warehouse, treasury until they were completely upgraded. I used the increased resources bonus once.

As I was upgrading the W and T, I concentrated on clearing the way to further resources and then to clearing the way to the bridges that led to the farm, then the lower left with lots of resources, then the sawmill. I used the 1/2 bonus once to do two potholes and again to do two bridges. You have to really be ready to click on the second obstacle because there is just barely enough time.

About the time I was gathering resources from the bottom left, I had enough to build the hunter's lodge and then very quickly upgrade to two workers and then the barracks. After that everything started happening so quickly I'm not sure what I did. I just kept everyone hopping.

I saved the flowers until almost the end. I used the 1/2 bonus to gather up a lot of flowers quickly.

Go to: