Bakobridge
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by Bakobridge on May 8, 13 1:09 PM
I have a technical problem, but can't seem to get any help. Dr. Felix froze halfway
through the download. I am in the last chapter of this game - have correctly solved the puzzle on the side of the piano in the den, but no matter what I try I cannot get
the piano lid to open so that i can get at the number buttons. Please Help!

This is about the third game that has refused to let me do something that the walkthrough said it would do - it completely ruins the game - you are almost finished and then can't go any farther with it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Walkthrough available for Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by WilJul on May 11, 13 4:32 PM
Bakobridge wrote:I have a technical problem, but can't seem to get any help. Dr. Felix froze halfway
through the download. I am in the last chapter of this game - have correctly solved the puzzle on the side of the piano in the den, but no matter what I try I cannot get
the piano lid to open so that i can get at the number buttons. Please Help!

This is about the third game that has refused to let me do something that the walkthrough said it would do - it completely ruins the game - you are almost finished and then can't go any farther with it.

I'd just go ahead and contact tech support without the Dr. Felix and explain what happened with that. They can help you with the Dr. Felix and hopefully with your game issue as well!

However, just in case it's actually a game play issue, not a tech issue - did you use the pattern that you got from the bench or from the front of the piano in your game? You can't use a pattern you have found anywhere else (ex: the walkthrough) since this is a randomly generated puzzle solution.

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on May 26, 13 3:31 AM
HELP!! Have lost my numbers in the fountain, can't open trapdoor. Not in the book.

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on May 26, 13 3:38 AM
HELP!! Can't find numbers 4 trapdoor, have washed bottle in fountain, but must have missed numbers, they r not in the book. Hope I don't have 2 replay game! PLEASE ANYONE!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 31, 13 8:06 AM
Tassieo .. I don't know if you are still stuck but have you checked the walkthrough? if not it can be found on this page ...

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/mystery-case-files-13th-skull-walkthrough/?npc=social&npv1=eng&npv2=fr&npv3=bfg&npv4=eng&npv5=mcf13thwt&npv6=20110818&npi=engfrbfgengmcf13thwt20110818

Happy gaming .

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on Jun 1, 13 8:11 AM
Have washed bottle in fountain, can't find letters, not in the book, walkthrough letters don't work.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 1, 13 3:57 PM
Tassieo wrote:Have washed bottle in fountain, can't find letters, not in the book, walkthrough letters don't work.

Firstly, what system are playing on? The iPad version of this game seems to be very glitchy.

Can you still access the fountain? Is the chlorine bottle still in your inventory? If so, perhaps you need to use the chlorine bottle again - I think you have to use it several times to make it work. Also, maybe try flipping through your case book to see if it's in there on another page. Some games, though honestly, I'm not sure if this is one, enter things in the journal in an order which is preset and not necessarily in the order in which you did them. And, yeah, the walkthrough won't work as this is another randomly generated puzzle solution.

If none of that works you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Sometimes that works to "unstick" a stuck game. You shouldn't have to start over, it will save your game progress.

Lastly, if none of that works, I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions and it might be time to go ahead and get in touch with tech support.

Edited on 06/01/2013 at 3:58:59 PM PST

Tassieo
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Tassieo on Jun 1, 13 7:03 PM
Thanks 4 your help, rewashed chlorine in water, letters came up. Am now off 2 find the goblets.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 7, 13 7:33 PM
Tassieo wrote:Thanks 4 your help, rewashed chlorine in water, letters came up. Am now off 2 find the goblets.
Yay! So glad to hear it! Happy gaming!

[Post New]by jenny_grant on Jun 26, 13 1:09 AM
Thank you so much for the walkthrough Margie. I was stuck in the game for days until I discovered your guide. You are awesome!!

Edited on 06/26/2013 at 1:09:21 AM PST

[Post New]by jenny_grant on Jun 27, 13 1:40 AM
Jamala wrote:near the end of the game i am trying to open the cannons and can't seem to find the right combination can someone help me. what is the combination for the first and second cannon?

Get the insignia at the cannon, you'll then get the combinations from the pictures on the map.

[Post New]by jenny_grant on Jun 28, 13 1:44 PM
I just realized the cannon solutions are different in each game, I was trying someone else's solution and I lost my time.

[Post New]by jenny_grant on Jul 4, 13 10:06 AM
I completed the game and want to unlock the bonus game but it tells me I need to finish the game? What's wrong?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 5, 13 12:34 AM
jenny_grant wrote:I completed the game and want to unlock the bonus game but it tells me I need to finish the game? What's wrong?

I'm not sure exactly, jenny_grant. Do you definitely have the Collector's Edition? The bonus game is not available in the Standard Edition.

Also, if you have the CE, have you played the part on the ships, ending with matching skulls to skeletons? If so, then you have already played the bonus chapter - that was the part on the ships.

Other than that, I can't be sure. What was the last thing you did? And what do you see on your screen now?

[Post New]by sabshy on Oct 30, 13 11:04 AM
i collected all 3 traps and cheese but when I got to cellar I only had 2 traps and 2 cheese what happened I went over the game again and cant fnd the third.

[Post New]by stancaters on Oct 30, 13 3:41 PM
I am stuck on getting the 4th key for the cemetery gate. I am still missing the one that has the two diamond shapes. the HINT keeps telling me to go to the shed and find the key, but I have already found that key, can you tell me where the 4th key is. When i get the fourth keys do I put each key in the corner of the picture in the main room? right now the keys wont stay on the picture when I put them there. either I am doing something wrong or you must have all 4 keys before it works. Thank you.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 3, 13 8:54 AM
sabshy, make sure you have scrolled all the way through all pages of your inventory. Many players have found objects they thought were missing hiding on another inventory page.

stancaters, both the **FAQs** (on first page of forum marked with yellow sticky note) and the Walkthrough list the locations of the cemetery keys. Not sure which one you are missing so here is the list from the **FAQs**:
SPOILERS
Star key – in the puzzle box on Magnolia’s mantel
Moon key – in the attic in the chest on the right
Triangle key – in the blue box in the shed behind the house
Diamond key – in the painting on the left in the foyer

The keys go in the cemetery gate not the in the picture itself. The corners of the picture frame tell you which key goes in which keyhole and which direction each key should be oriented - so look carefully at those corners! Good luck!

[Post New]by Buymeapencil on Nov 6, 13 8:23 PM
I cannot get to the pirate ship. I keep clicking and it sounds like I'm walking
Over to it but nothing happens

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 8, 13 11:22 AM
Buymeapencil wrote:I cannot get to the pirate ship. I keep clicking and it sounds like I'm walking
Over to it but nothing happens
Only if you have the Collector's Edition can you access the pirate ships, which is the bonus game. If you have the Standard Edition of the game, despite appearances to the contrary, you have completed the game.

[Post New]by MissBess10741 on Dec 2, 13 8:04 PM
I still haven't been able to get past the rat traps in the cellar. I put them where it said but it keeps telling me to do it. The traps are in place. Is there a catch or is it just stuck there?

Go to: