Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by 22crazy on Jan 26, 14 1:26 PM
I cannot get any help! I became desperate and uninstalled and reinstalled the game and of course lost all my progress! I am constantly losing gold and am ready to quit this game completely because it is simply becoming to frustrating, I have gone to the support pages and asked for help and relieved none, so I don't hold out much hope! I will give it another couple of dYs and then I will simply quit because the enjoyment is gone! What happened to this game? It used to be so fun!

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Jan 26, 14 2:17 PM
22crazy wrote:I cannot get any help! I became desperate and uninstalled and reinstalled the game and of course lost all my progress! I am constantly losing gold and am ready to quit this game completely because it is simply becoming to frustrating, I have gone to the support pages and asked for help and relieved none, so I don't hold out much hope! I will give it another couple of dYs and then I will simply quit because the enjoyment is gone! What happened to this game? It used to be so fun!

You lose 2 gold bars if/when you change modes to play an HOS scene. If you chose any mode other than the preselected one, it costs 2 gold bars. Customer support can't help with this one. It is a feature of the game. Sorry you are so frustrated.

klevy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by klevy on Jan 27, 14 12:14 AM
I was moving my Carnival of Fear and it completely disappeared. It is not in my inventory or anywhere else in my manor. Has anyone else encountered this?

[Post New]by TheBYB on Jan 27, 14 11:35 AM
My gifts just disappear. The icon tells me I have 3 or 4 or 5 gifts; then when I click on the icon, they disappear or are reduced to just 1 or 3 (always an odd number, never an even number). Usually it is the energy gifts that do not hold their place. This is very frustrating. I've updated everything and still most gifts are ephemeral.

drukenclam
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by drukenclam on Jan 28, 14 6:31 AM
I am submitting an official ticket for this issue now after I post this rant.

I can no longer load the game on my iPhone 4. It simply kicks me out / crashes almost immediately. I have my game backed up on my pc where it works just fine. I have already tried rebooting phone...hard reset of phone....I've let the battery run completely out....and I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it which did nothing. I just bought the silver boost for 7 days and it really stinks that I can't play my game for half the day now

This has gotten worse and worse for me ever since the Xmas update or whichever update caused everyone else to crash / get kicked out on a regular basis. It started with getting kicked from HOS to not being able to go back to my mansion or to leave either gift screen or the chapters screen to now not being able to play at all.

I've spent over 200 dollars on this game and I'm about done with it.

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Jan 30, 14 5:37 PM
Question: as we have only 13 gifts we can send daily, I decided to "buy" some to send. My coins are deducted for the cost, but there is no indication that anything is sent. Other gifts are noted, but these are not. . .so how do I know they're going out?
Thanks in advance for an explanation.
Also, on the topic, please, please with sugar on it, let us have more gift-giving ability.
Argent

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Jan 30, 14 7:20 PM
Oops. Answering my own question. I discovered that it does show, but not in the regular way. It does show in the big list of neighbors. I feel much better now.
Thanks for listening. I've said before I'm not a tech person. Thanks for all you do.
Argent

[Post New]by Mommalax on Feb 2, 14 12:30 PM
My game crashes as soon as opens playing on iPad mini

amyleamon
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by amyleamon on Feb 3, 14 10:57 AM
Hi, does anyone know how longer the server is going to be down for maintenance? It seems every time there is a snow day, I lose hours of gaming time with this server maintenance stuff.

Thanks !!

amyleamon
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by amyleamon on Feb 3, 14 11:21 AM
Sorry, I posted to the wrong thread.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Feb 3, 14 2:55 PM
Interesting Technical Issue:

I deleted my old manor on my iPad. I reloaded DM so that I could start over. All of the previous neighbor invites from the Game Center app came back and showed up in my neighbor management section.

All 132 of them.

ETA: tell the developers that they need to add the recipient's Manor ID to the invite so that this doesn't happen. Apparently all they are doing is checking the Manor ID of the person sending the invite against the neighbor list, and if they are not a neighbor already they are displaying the invite again. Not good - they need to include the recipient's ID too so that they can verify it is going to the correct manor.

Edited on 02/03/2014 at 3:11:21 PM PST

John117LV426
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by John117LV426 on Feb 6, 14 10:19 AM
(edited to add)
Yahoo! A few hours ago I received a super nice apology email from CS. Joe apologized for the longer-than-usual response time and for my gold purchase problem. Credited my account and I can respond back if I have more questions.

Honestly, I did get the impression that BF cares whether we're enjoying the game and wants to keep us happy.

===
I've sent 2 emails to CS (under Game Crash) but I'm hoping a moderator keeps up with this thread.

Monday night my screen froze. Usually it unfreezes after a couple of seconds. I tried clicking a "collect" button and the screen flashed to black. When it came back the game deleted gold for a plot of land.

No "purchase" popup at all. I was planning to expand in a different direction AND I didn't want to pay with gold.

I also have another problem because the game automatically increases the cost of future land purchases. I've skipped a $ level in land purchasing. Then with the 3x juju sale I desperately needed more land and coughed up extra silver and gold (silver-purchase/gold-mature) for the plot I wanted.

I hope CS can swap these two purchases and credit my gold and silver. I'm getting nervous though bc tonight will be 72 hours and I still haven't heard anything.

Edited on 02/06/2014 at 5:50:16 PM PST

[Post New]by TheBYB on Feb 6, 14 10:55 AM
Still seeing gifts slip away as I click on the icon to retrieve them. This has continued to occur for almost a month now. And, no response from the tech folks. Just because I'm a Sea Anemone doesn't mean I don't have feelings.

Cglider
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by Cglider on Feb 8, 14 8:34 PM
TheBYB wrote:Still seeing gifts slip away as I click on the icon to retrieve them. This has continued to occur for almost a month now. And, no response from the tech folks. Just because I'm a Sea Anemone doesn't mean I don't have feelings.

I hope that you have sent a request to Customer Support. The link is at the bottom of this page. Posting a complaint or problem on the forum doesn't get a response regardless of what posting level you might have. You have to send in a trouble ticket.

BeeOK
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BeeOK on Feb 10, 14 11:26 AM
After the maintenance this morning I keep getting kicked out to the main screen with the message that I have logged on with another device -- I only play the game on one device! Any one else have this issue?

rlwoole
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by rlwoole on Feb 10, 14 11:48 AM
After the maintenance this morning it took forever to get logged on . When I did everything was gone from my yard. I at least still have my xp, juju, gold, and silver, but nothing else. I was able to visit a neighbor they had nothing in the yard either.

kysermaxx
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kysermaxx on Feb 13, 14 6:13 PM
Getting so frustrated with the crashing issues. I feel like one of the old-timers since I started playing in early July of last year (the good ole days when the game ran so smoothly). I've submitted tickets to CS and I understand they do their best and don't intend on causing problems. That being said, I'm starting to lose the love for this game because I can't give out my gifts, retrieve my gifts, or visit neighbors. I don't have problems playing any of the scenes, but if it has to do with my neighbor tab, my iPad and iPhone crash.

[Post New]by Karonya on Feb 14, 14 7:32 AM
playing game on iphone 5. juju meter isn't resetting. Says 0 points to next scene though I just opened a scene.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Feb 14, 14 8:44 AM
Karonya wrote:playing game on iphone 5. juju meter isn't resetting. Says 0 points to next scene though I just opened a scene.

If you have opened all scenes in all Chapters the JuJu meter reads 0 because there is no new chapter/scene to open...

[Post New]by Treblemaker on Feb 14, 14 1:59 PM
Game was working fine, I had sent gifts to neighbors and logged out for a few minutes. When I came back and reopened it, I got the beginning tutorial and my entire mansion was gone! Please, anyone, tell me what to do! I have been on the game for a couple of months and had made purchases a few weeks ago. Thanks for any ideas. Playing the mansion "Dukedom"

Go to: