MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Sep 23, 14 12:30 PM
Windowed mode issue:
My screen is 15.6... When DM was on windowed mode, it took almost all the screen space, the only difference with the full screen mode was that I could go back and forth from the game (on the main screen) and for instance, my browser or some video player... The game was not on "widescreen resolution"...

And then... I did it: I was curious to see how DM would look in "wide screen" so I went in "options", and chose "widescreen"...

And it did not change at all! I thought something was wrong, and went back to what it used to be (not wide screen) ... but THEN it changed!!!

Now the windowed mode is tiny: 13.4 in x 7.3 in
+ if I want to turn on the "full screen" as I used to do when playing HOs, because I could not see the bottom of the list, the left and right parts of the screen are black (in fact the game is the same size, the only difference is my cursor cannot go from one screen to he other)... AND the game crashes... AND I cannot turn "widesreen" on because the button is not here anymore (instead, a line saying "No widescreen at this resolution"

Needless to say, I would love some help...

Edited on 09/23/2014 at 12:31:44 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 23, 14 1:12 PM
Hey MidnightMoss

That's definitely a strange issue to have! I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report so that one of our Reps can take a look.

It's possible the screen resolution isn't at the optimal setting for your monitor or the game, or there could be something else at play.

I hope this information helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by 55bruiser on Sep 23, 14 8:39 PM
My manor is gone. I have windows 7 and no facebook acct. DM#1700340 called 666 Black Sabbath no gift. Please try to find it. Thanks,

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Sep 24, 14 12:27 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey MidnightMoss

That's definitely a strange issue to have! I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> so that one of our Reps can take a look.

It's possible the screen resolution isn't at the optimal setting for your monitor or the game, or there could be something else at play.

I hope this information helps!

bfgVaiya

I was going to send a ticket, but a very kind neighbour sent me to Dark Manor 101 page 3, I followed the steps, and everything is back to normal
This is a great forum!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 25, 14 12:14 PM
Hi MidnightMoss,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve that issue by referring to the Dark Manor 101-A Guide to the Game thread.

The thread title may change slightly over time, but the following link should always work:

Dark Manor 101-A Guide to the Game-Messages pg 4

Cheers!

bfgWaimea

maxjo25
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

keeping on getting kick out

[Post New]by maxjo25 on Sep 29, 14 11:19 AM
I can't get into my manor keep getting kick out
#480229 1 money pit ln level 97

thank you joann ,

poppsyche
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by poppsyche on Oct 7, 14 1:33 PM
Not sure if this is the right thread. The 50% off on premium scenes 9-12 looks weird on the screen. All the additional items beyond the the money aren't showing. There was a scene I wanted to purchase but can't remember which one as the bonus item is not showing. For example the Indian Village is not showing up.

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 8:44:32 PM PST

[Post New]by lisa_clare on Oct 8, 14 11:58 PM
I recently _within the past couple of days) had an enigma vanish on m. I had received the Train Station from doing a quest or bonus puzzle. I went to place it on my manor grounds and everything seemed fine. I played a quest and when I went back to my manor, it was gone. It wasn't in my inventory either-it seems to have just disappeared for no reason. The collection buttons for coins and juju disappeared at the same time, so I'm not sure if the two things are related.

I'm on a PC running Windows 8.1.

[Post New]by Spankey2 on Oct 10, 14 10:58 AM
The last 4 times I won a Jackpot I have not received the correct amount of GOLD BARS. The first 3 times I was betting 100 chips and received 16 bars and the last time betting 100 chips I received only 12 gold bars.

I have been play daily for months without any other serious problems on a PC. I think the game is great but ... Has any one else had this problem?

I e-mailed Tech support twice days ago and have received no response.

I'm frustrated and missing 20 gold bars.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 10, 14 11:47 AM
Spankey2 wrote:The last 4 times I won a Jackpot I have not received the correct amount of GOLD BARS. The first 3 times I was betting 100 chips and received 16 bars and the last time betting 100 chips I received only 12 gold bars.

I have been play daily for months without any other serious problems on a PC. I think the game is great but ... Has any one else had this problem?

I e-mailed Tech support twice days ago and have received no response.

I'm frustrated and missing 20 gold bars.

This is probably not a mistake. If you press the little i to the left of the machine you will find an analysis of bets and prizes. There you will see that when you bet 100 the jackpot earnings are not always 20 gold- there is a range from 12 to 20 gold, depending on the combinations you got.

PS But yes, tech support is recently out of shape regarding promptness- I have an outstanding ticket (+ 3 reminders + a new ticket referring to the first one) since Oct 1st, ie 9 full days, way beyond their stated timeframe of 24 to 72 hrs. And still no word. Outrageous!

Edited on 10/10/2014 at 12:00:59 PM PST

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Oct 10, 14 2:51 PM
I now know why they changed the game to show the "Points" received from attractions and Juju etc. YOU DON"T GET THEM ALL!
Some have dropped in value from 5 to 4 but SOME don't add in at all. One of my buildings of 6 does not add in and sometimes the tesla or volcano does not give 5 or more but less or not at all. Very unhappy.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Oct 13, 14 5:34 AM
nanaseaweed wrote:I am running a laptop Windows 7 32/64 and cannot get to the old files in the gypsy game, chapter 1, (one). I am Dark Manor number 2089146 MistyMansion, 8 swamp street. I see the new scene on the chapters but when I press on the scene to play The old scene comes up. Can you adjust it from your end?

whoops wrong place.

Sorry about that.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Oct 15, 14 1:29 PM
ok so i now have 5 greenhouses i am hoping this is a glitch and do the chests stay or are the supposed to leave when they have been used

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 15, 14 4:45 PM
After the Oct. 15 update. Playing PC...I can get into my game for the first play, not a problem. But when I leave and try to go back in, it tells me either: I need to re download the game or my graphics aren't compatible and it freezes until I ctr/alt/del. To get back into the game, I need to restart comp, and then I can play. Clearly this isn't an issue with my PC, as it let's me play the first time with out a error.

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Oct 15, 14 6:30 PM
This was posted on the forum:

Hey Everyone,

Awesome news! The fix for the issue many have experienced with Premium Scenes not crediting their bonus items has been released.

This fix should add the missing items to those who purchased Premium Scenes without receiving the items, and going forward, the items will be properly credited when a Premium Scene is purchased.

Happy Gaming!

My problem is I bought Angel No Mercy ( I believe thats the name of the scene) before they fixed the Premium Gifts for buying Premium Scenes, and I installed the update today but still dont have the item. Not sure what it was suppose to be, but I checked my inventory, and I dont have anything special in there, nothing new from the other day, just a few decorations I already had.

I only bought the Scene because I had enough gold to get it. and it was about to go off sale. Plus when the Gifts for getting Premium Scenes disappeared recently I didnt know it was a glitch, I thought they just decided to remove the Free Gifts for buying Premium Scenes from the game.

[Post New]by lisa_clare on Oct 15, 14 8:26 PM
I downloaded and installed the latest update today, and suddenly it won't recognize the internet connection. I am connected to the internet, but the game tells me I'm not. I downloaded it fine (and certainly needed an internet connection to download, not to mention access this site to ask the question-but suddenly the game won't work.

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Oct 16, 14 9:46 AM
Dear Devs, with the 10/15/14 update, the dialogue for the game now flashes by way too quickly to read! In the past, it was frozen until the player clicked to continue. But now it automatically flashes out. It's hard enough for one fluent in English, I can't imagine it for someone who is less fluent. Please change it back, so we can all enjoy the storyline.

[Post New]by bobbi_jo20 on Oct 16, 14 3:38 PM
i'm not sure it this has been addressed, or if it is an intentional change to the game, but i just hit level 30...and received no rewards for it today. Is this a change to the game or a technical issue? Please help..and thank you for any replies.

Please disregard this post. I signed out of the game for about 20 minutes and my rewards were there when i signed back in. phew. -s-

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 4:07:53 PM PST

[Post New]by Issimagriss on Oct 17, 14 3:20 AM
My cursor is stuck on zoom in/zoom out and I can no longer move around my manor or play any of the scenes as it zooms in every time I move and it won't actually let me move around the scene. I have the latest update and it was working fine last night and this morning. Very sad Snarko Manor

The problem has now resolved itself - who knows how - happy Snarko Manor.

Edited on 10/17/2014 at 3:40:24 AM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 17, 14 8:38 AM
I had no problems until this latest update. Now when I leave the game it stays open & I am not able to open other games on my game manager as I can't get the game to close. Also it is much harder to move items around in the manor. It keeps freezing & I finally gave up. Also too hard to see now that all the coin icons are in the way & can't be picked up all at once.

Go to: