Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Catlover612 on Jul 18, 15 2:33 PM
I am glad you were able to fix the shutting down issue on your iPad. I have been having this problem as well for several months.
I turned in a ticket and also contacted customer support several times but was told each time there was nothing they can do about the game shutting down and having to redo all the HOGS again.
So as far as them saying they hadn't had this problem reported before---that is just not true.
Can you tell me how you deleted and reinstalled the game off your iPad? If I click the X for the game it is still on the computer under purchased games.
Thanks for any help----ps. I am also on level 63 and don't want to start over, but I hate having to keep losing and redoing my progress.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 18, 15 3:03 PM
Just delete the game from your desktop by hitting the red x. Then go to the App Store and sign in. The game should still appear in your purchased games and that is where you want to reinstall from. Hit the install button for MC and let the game re-download. The CS rep said that it might not show your current level immediately and you just had to play the first few HOS. However, I did not have to do this. When my game was reinstalled, I was immediately at my current level and the game no longer shut down. What a relief that was!

My original complaint was 4-5 months ago so it's possible they hadn't heard of this problem at that time. All I know is that I received no help with this so I just wanted to respond so that Sheila and others would at least know that someone was hearing them. And maybe this will help. Good luck!

[Post New]by Ferfie65 on Jul 24, 15 5:24 AM
I am nearly finished level 26 and have spent a reasonable amount of money doing so. Last night I loaded Gummy Drop and now Midnight Castle no longer works. When I try to start game it tells me it is only 88per cent loaded. I play this game on my IPad. Although I have experienced some issues with the game, like being unable to play dice and having to load game a few times before the screen stops switching to Facebook I have always managed to sort these problems myself, however, this one is defeating me. Pleases help as I object to spending money on a game I can no longer access.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 24, 15 7:19 AM
Hi Ferfie. I used to have a lot of problems too until I learned from BF that the apps you open always stay open in the background. You need to make sure they are all closed before playing MC because this game takes a lot of resources. So press the "home" button twice and you should see small icons of the opened apps. Just swipe them up and they should close properly. Let me know if this is not working for you.

Jvr99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Jvr99 on Jul 24, 15 9:33 AM
Surely I'm not the only one having problems with this game after the update? I've been on level 63 for ages waiting for the update, then - hooray, update came through last night! Started playing and almost got to level 64 last night but closed it down for some much needed sleep. Started playing again this morning, paid 12,000 gold coins to open the chessboard thingy, played on and got to level 64. Then thought I would send some gifts to my friends. Big mistake! message came up saying "unable to connect to server - retry" So I pressed the retry button and the game crashed and started to reload, I tried to gift friends again, and the same thing happened again. I then noticed that sometimes half my friends were missing. Sometimes they were all there and sometimes they weren't. Then I realised that I had been taken back to the Iron Knight and was back on level 63, where I was when I closed it down last night.
AND the chessboard thingy was no longer open, I'm supposed to pay ANOTHER
12,000 gold coins to open it. Is anyone else having problems like this? Or is it just me?

[Post New]by Hughey17 on Jul 24, 15 9:38 AM
Tournaments worked or a day and are not working again. Whats up????

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 24, 15 10:07 AM
Jvr99. When you downloaded the update, did you completely shut down your iPad? I had the exact same problem, shut down my iPad for a few minutes and it worked
fine after that. Also your coins should be back, no?

Hughey, see the sticky post from mods on the first page. Apparently the glitches with tournaments were not solved.

[Post New]by sandjoy on Jul 24, 15 10:11 AM
Since this last update I don't have Friends anymore. I tried to enter their code, but nothing happened. I also tried searching on their name, but again no result. Are others having this issue, too?

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 24, 15 10:14 AM
Hi sand joy. Have you tried restarting your iPad. Check my message above to jr99. Hope this helps.

experiencing lots of bugs after the update for Midnight Castles for IOS

[Post New]by Phukins on Jul 24, 15 11:09 AM
bfgWendwater wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

Specifically, the article below has helped many people playing the mobile games we offer:
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=362">
iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy Pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support Team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what device you are playing the game on, so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re: Lots of bugs after the IOS update

[Post New]by Phukins on Jul 24, 15 11:20 AM
I have been having lots of issues since the IOS update this morning, the game freezing up and then having to complete HOS quests over again.. completed two crafts that dropped.. no longer in my items list. 2k coins just dropped.. they went poof after completing an HOS. When I receive and/or send gifts, the game will freeze and again any HOS's or quests I have completed drop. Lastly, in several scenes, when I click on the HO item in the scene which is on the list it is not recognizing it.... I have to hit the object a dozen or so times before the game recognizes it... this is even if I zoom the picture in.

my user name is Patricia Phnom Penh, my user id# i1821900.

your assistance and attention to this matter would be appreciated.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 24, 15 11:32 AM
The most common solutions given by BF customer support to iPad users are:

1) make sure all your applications are closed. Every time you open an application on iPad, it never closes completely, it stays open in the background using a lot of memory space. To close them, press the "home" button twice and you should see smaller icons of the apps running in the background. Just swipe them out of the screen and they will close.

2) regularly close your iPad down completely for a few minutes and make sure you see the "Apple" logo when you restart.

Hope this helps. If not, you definitely need to write to customer support.

[Post New]by sandjoy on Jul 24, 15 12:50 PM
Jackie34918, as you recommended, I did shut down my iPad for several minutes and then restarted. I now have friends back, but I have less coins and diamonds, plus it came back on like it was my first time today. Progress I had made earlier in the day was not recognized. Also when the game starts up it shows a progress bar but never goes above 88% before the game comes on. Any way to resolve this?

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 24, 15 1:02 PM
And you have closed all applications in the background? For the lost coins and diamonds, you should definitely contact customer support as they are the only ones who can reinstate your game and give you back your coins and diamonds. When loading the game, whether it's on PC or iPad, it shows a different progress bar for everyone and it has no bearing on the game. Just another small glitch I guess!

[Post New]by sandjoy on Jul 24, 15 2:41 PM
Yes, I did, sorry I omitted that. However, it's still got some glitches. I started to give friends gifts when "Unable to connect server" came up. I got out of the game to check my internet connection. It was fine. When I went back into the game, once again, it had not recognized that I had done some quests and given some friends gifts. It seems futile at this point to continue. Unless you can recommend something else I think I'll wait a few days before I attempt to play again and they work out the bugs.
Thanks for your help.

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jul 24, 15 2:56 PM
Your best bet would be to get in touch with Customer support with your ID number. They are very helpful and quick to respond. Nothing to lose to try them. Sorry I couldn't help you more.

[Post New]by sandjoy on Jul 24, 15 3:35 PM
Thanks, Jackie34918, I will.

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Jul 24, 15 8:54 PM
Reading some of the messages from earlier in the day on the 24th, I see that my iPad is far from being only just a handful that crashed. I am also at Level 63. I applied the update. It said complete - then Open. So I opened the game, and it loaded to 83 percent.

The game opened anyway - and I played for 30 minutes. Excited to get into the Dark Tower. After about 30 minutes of play, the game blacked out. Blank screen - then my iPad Desktop appeared. I opened Midnight Castle again, again just to 83 percent - the game opens and I'm right back where I started ( at Level 63 ).

I immediately sent in a report to Customer Service - but from what I've just read from all of you, I'm very disheartened. I've never, not once - had a problem. Even the "Dot" issue some iPad users spoke of - I escaped.

Now this - some people saying Customer Service will help - others saying they have had to wait for months. I'm glad I came in here, though. I can make a better decision on whether to continue playing by reading what others have experienced.

For now, I will just leave the game alone - wait for a bit to see if I hear from Customer Service. Thanks to all of you who write in here. It helps.

Mar1394
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Mar1394 on Jul 25, 15 6:45 AM
Same issue. Updated on my iPad two days ago. Now I go through scenes and get stuff, the game freezes, restarts, and my progress is lost. Coins gone. 70 gems also disappeared. And yes, i have rebooted.

Ami0c
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by Ami0c on Jul 25, 15 9:58 AM
New update will not completely load on my iPad. Game acting strangely. Can not progress. Level 50.

Go to: