nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 10, 10 12:13 PM
scritchity wrote:Hi,
I have tried using the hammer on the porcelain rabbit but am being told it's not going to work. Any suggestions?

If you are playing the regular version, they are right it is not going to work as it is part of the extras in the Collector's Edition. It will not effect your game play, so just continue playing your game. If you are playing the regular version you should visit the forum for that game and use the walkthrough posted there as the walkthrough for the CE will continue to confuse you.

[Post New]by AngelRebecca on Mar 10, 10 1:09 PM
I haven't finished playing this game yet. It's great! Have got all the Mystery Case File games and they just keep getting better and better. More please!!!

[Post New]by scritchity on Mar 10, 10 1:29 PM
nwl43 wrote:
scritchity wrote:Hi,
I have tried using the hammer on the porcelain rabbit but am being told it's not going to work. Any suggestions?

If you are playing the regular version, they are right it is not going to work as it is part of the extras in the Collector's Edition. It will not effect your game play, so just continue playing your game. If you are playing the regular version you should visit the forum for that game and use the walkthrough posted there as the walkthrough for the CE will continue to confuse you.

Oh wow, the heck did I miss that it was an extras! Ack! Although, I couldn't still couldn't start the microwave. This version of the walkthrough has been great so far, but I'll definitely check out the regular one now that I know there is one.

Thanks!

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 1:30:41 PM PST

[Post New]by marydelajii on Mar 11, 10 7:25 PM
I loved this game!!!finished the game,but i had left in my inventory the snowshoes.....i hated that,lol.In rest was a fun game!

MickeyD17
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MickeyD17 on Mar 11, 10 8:38 PM
I have just tonight finsihed the Mystery case of Dire Grove and am so pleased that I stuck to it.
It is indeed a difficult game, but I forged ahead and really worked at the forum help and things the chit chat department sent to me, even in personal e mail. What a great help you all were and Thank you so much for everything helping me.
Never give up,those who think they can't go on. I almost did ,2 or 3 times, but no, i stuck to it, and finsihed. Thank you.........it was a blast
MaryAnne

[Post New]by goldie5101 on Mar 14, 10 10:46 PM
I was not able to get any potato chips in the hunting lodge, and I was not able to knock off the bunny head. Does anyone know why?

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Mar 15, 10 6:35 AM
best game ever

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 15, 10 7:31 AM
goldie5101 wrote:I was not able to get any potato chips in the hunting lodge, and I was not able to knock off the bunny head. Does anyone know why?
Probably because you bought the $6.99 version. If so, it has its own walkthrough and forum.

[Post New]by joniebuckeye on Mar 15, 10 12:47 PM
Can anyone suggest some other games that are as challenging as this game?? I love the puzzles!!!!

[Post New]by marydelajii on Mar 17, 10 10:28 PM
RETURN TO RAVENSHEARST AND DIRE GROVE ARE THE BEST GAMES!!!!I WISH I CAN FIND MORE GAMES LIKE THAT!!!ANYONE KNOWS MORE GAMES LIKE THIS ONES?PLEASE LET ME KNOW,THANK U!

[Post New]by freejean on Mar 20, 10 1:53 PM
Is there a special forum for Mac users? I noticed in the walkthrough there were features I did not have - like the morphing objects. Anyone know the answer?

steeveg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by steeveg on Mar 20, 10 3:31 PM
steeg

nix28
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by nix28 on Mar 21, 10 2:42 AM
Hello, love this game but am very stuck now so would very much appreciate some help. I'm not even that far into the game so this message might be the first of many.....yes I am blonde......

I cannot seem to locate the code for the safe in the office. I currently have a lighter, piece of wood, nails, hammer and jack and cannot use any of them anywhere.....totally stuck...please advise.

Niki x

ledinuke29
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ledinuke29 on Mar 21, 10 3:40 AM
ello, love this game but am very stuck now so would very much appreciate some help. I'm not even that far into the game so this message might be the first of many.....yes I am blonde......

[Post New]by tb0070 on Mar 22, 10 7:06 AM
i"Can anybody tell me how you get through the level with the stones on the tenthsection how to pass it Thats where i'm stuck at.

[Post New]by tambam on Mar 24, 10 10:07 AM
nix28 wrote:Hello, love this game but am very stuck now so would very much appreciate some help. I'm not even that far into the game so this message might be the first of many.....yes I am blonde......

I cannot seem to locate the code for the safe in the office. I currently have a lighter, piece of wood, nails, hammer and jack and cannot use any of them anywhere.....totally stuck...please advise.

Niki x

You have to nail the piece of wood to the tree to create another step. You will need a saw to cut the limb down at the top of the tree. The piece of paper on the end of the tree limb will go together with the piece of paper that is located in the last room on the left at the end of the hall in the house. It will have the code to the safe. I am not 100% sure if I am right here. But I am 90%. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by Massage_Queen82 on Mar 25, 10 7:13 PM
I am STUCK! I am in the secret underground room of the mill/ grocery store. I have the phone back together but I have no Idea what number to call. Ive tried allison's number but nothing but the out of order tone. Also I cant figure out the barrel puzzle by the ladder. The closest Ive come to a word is redrum. Could some one please help me with these? I've been all over the internet looking to what to do next. Ive almost beat it with only 3 hours on the clock. Please help!

[Post New]by SunniSu on Mar 26, 10 7:07 AM
I have not searched through 61 pages of questions and commets so I apologize in advance if this question has been previously asked and answered.

I've played Dire Grove through twice now to the place where there should be a Hidden Object Scene to provide the potato chips to give to the wolf. I've checked the walk through and know where and when it should appear. But it doesn't appear and that prevents me from finishing the game. Any ideas?

Also, my game doesn't have mysterious morphing objects or achievement screens. Is my game faulty?

TIA

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 26, 10 4:46 PM
SunniSu, I think you're in the wrong forum. There are no potato chips in the regular $6.99 version of the game. They are an extra and aren't necessary for the game proper.

[Post New]by Katydid2818 on Mar 27, 10 11:15 AM
I was playing Dire Grove just fine on the 1 hour version. Then I guess I made the mistake of purchasing it. Now when I try to play the game with my "purchased one", if I move my mouse the game flickers and goes back to windows. I have tried to start the game several times since then and it does the same thing every time. Can anyone help me figure this out? I have tried to re-download it with the same results.

Go to: