Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 9, 16 11:37 AM
Also.....Apollo's list is very interesting......and the results troubling.

I started a PC game to get some info for the General, and have been trying to advance in that game since the update....

1. I have NO inventory.....
2. Coins are sparse, but I have managed to barely stay ahead of the demand .....it is becoming more and more difficult.

I thought only the upper levels were terrifically expensive.....I nearly fell out of my chair when I tallied the net cost ..... I should say net LOSS for level 32.......That level is by far the most expensive one I have encountered to date......a whopping 102,620 coins needed to get through just that one level.....

Total cost ----- 111,150
Gain from quests ------ 8530
NET LOSS ---- 102,620

Plus, that one level will cost you....103 plain stamps.....46 unusual (blue) stamps.....26 rare (green) stamps......and 23 unique (brown) stamps

And, I cringe to think how long it will take me to get through the upper 60's because of that Dark Tower and all the ZZs that require something from another ZZ, which requires something from some HOS......Inventory matters, folks!!!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 9, 16 1:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team continues to pass along the information and feedback that is presented to us. Keep in mind that many factors contribute to changes made within the games themselves and the developers are continuing to work with the teams at Big Fish.

In order to ensure that the forums are accessible to everyone, please keep in mind the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Please keep in mind that changes made within this particular game are in no relation to other games that are available on the site. It is known that some games on the site have an announcement that no further updates will be made. It is encouraged that if players experiencing issues with those game, to contact the Customer Support Team. The support team will do everything they can to support and resolve issues that players are experiencing.

If you are experiencing issues with the latest update, it is recommended to post in the Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only! The team is aware of the issues that players are experiencing with this update and we recognize that it is on our end. The team is working hard to bring a permanent fix to the players and if you would like to help add information to the investigation, you can do so by providing a Dr. Felix Report to the Technical Support Team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 9, 16 3:11 PM
Thank you very much for your response bfgBellerophon, however, if someone would be able to tell us some of the many factors that contribute to changes made within the games themselves we may be able to understand why this has happened.

Currently all I know is that I, as a consumer or customer, as you will, am very unhappy with the quality of the product as it stands now. Normally, if a customer finds inferior quality suddenly where there had not been before, they would notify the manager/owner and they would see to it that the quality is returned to the product. Sometimes the manager/owner would change vendors or insist that quality be returned to the standard it was before. Such has not been the case in this instance. There have been many studies done on the game itself and the impact it has had on the customer which are recorded in this thread, and yet, the only answer we are able to receive is that the teams are working together.

I have been a customer since 2012 and have purchased many items for this game specifically, as well as over 300 games plus the membership. Because of not receiving any information, I have stopped my membership and will not purchase anything for the game that I now consider inferior from what it was, nor will I purchase any more games. All of that could change with something as simple as an explanation. I am hoping to receive something that will change my mind, as I have always enjoyed the games. I wish that someone would be able to step up and give an explanation as to why the game is allowed to continue as it is.

Thank you for hearing me out.

Sadie

anath_q
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by anath_q on Mar 9, 16 4:03 PM
While I will likely remain a customer of Big Fish, my days in the Castle are largely done. The January update effectively ended the gifting aspect of the game, made daily quests virtually impossible and turned regular game play into a real slog through the mud.

With this latest update - which I only managed to successfully install on 1 of 2 of my PCs - game performance has taken a real hit. Game play is very stuttered/laggy in the HOS. And while it's great that we seem to finally be able to "find" daily quest items, this came at the cost of finding needed character quest items. All of this along with no change to the awful 15g/shard drops...and, well, the shine is completely off the game.

Frankly, if I were just now entering the world of the Castle, I would likely only tough it out a few days, then delete it.

As it is, I am out until the Spring event...hopefully some things will have changed for the better by then. Good luck to all who hang in there!

aaaaa888
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aaaaa888 on Mar 9, 16 11:03 PM
anath_q wrote:While I will likely remain a customer of Big Fish, my days in the Castle are largely done. The January update effectively ended the gifting aspect of the game, made daily quests virtually impossible and turned regular game play into a real slog through the mud.

With this latest update - which I only managed to successfully install on 1 of 2 of my PCs - game performance has taken a real hit. Game play is very stuttered/laggy in the HOS. And while it's great that we seem to finally be able to "find" daily quest items, this came at the cost of finding needed character quest items. All of this along with no change to the awful 15g/shard drops...and, well, the shine is completely off the game.

Frankly, if I were just now entering the world of the Castle, I would likely only tough it out a few days, then delete it.

As it is, I am out until the Spring event...hopefully some things will have changed for the better by then. Good luck to all who hang in there!

I agree whole heartedly

[Post New]by frequentfrog on Mar 10, 16 5:07 AM
I agree with Anath as well.

The cruel January update really upset the balance of this game. They could just have halved the item-drop, not made it four times as unlikely. The fact that they had to go that far and make sure we get less of everything (less coins, less shards, less items) and then add another update to force everybody into this system makes me feel really unappreciated as a player.

I still play but frankly sometimes I feel insulted when offered a paltry 100 coins in a level where everything costs at least a few 1000's of them.

The only reason I'm still playing this game is because I had a good inventory before Updategeddon. That's the only thing still keeping me here. Without that I'd be out already and will probably be when it runs out.

I have opened a few new areas since January and I already dislike having to wait for those areas to recharge so I can get needed items that won't drop otherwise. Changing the drop-rate really puts the spotlight how damn repetitive this game is and how many times you need the same items over and over and over again. And that means it's getting boring a lot more faster. And since most of the other aspects of the game have suffered as a result of the lower drop-rate there isn't anything left to turn to.

I miss doing the daily quests of my choosing. I miss giving a friend an item other than ship-item, cards or food. I miss getting to go on random crafting sprees because I had the items and it didn't cost weeks to get them. I miss being in control of how I play this game.

It's not that I don't like some of the other features we had in the last two updates, I do! It's just that the drop-rate is so significant in this game and the downgraded rate so profound that that one change overshadows and ruins everything else.

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Mar 10, 16 6:18 AM
I couldn't agree with you more frequentfrog!!!!
And the fact that they decided to remove the arrows beside the reward we're getting from HOS(with those arrows we would be able to choose what we want and a perfect solution for all of us).... "that says it all" !!!!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Mar 10, 16 7:09 AM

"Updategeddon".................LOL.............good one!

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Mar 10, 16 7:11 AM
Agree with Sadie700 and everyone above [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 03/15/2016 at 1:36:00 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 10, 16 9:01 AM
frequentfrog wrote:I agree with Anath as well.

The cruel January update really upset the balance of this game. They could just have halved the item-drop, not made it four times as unlikely. The fact that they had to go that far and make sure we get less of everything (less coins, less shards, less items) and then add another update to force everybody into this system makes me feel really unappreciated as a player.

The only reason I'm still playing this game is because I had a good inventory before Updategeddon. That's the only thing still keeping me here. Without that I'd be out already and will probably be when it runs out.

I miss doing the daily quests of my choosing. I miss giving a friend an item other than ship-item, cards or food. I miss getting to go on random crafting sprees because I had the items and it didn't cost weeks to get them. I miss being in control of how I play this game.

So perfectly said. This captures my sentiments exactly.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 10, 16 9:22 AM
frequentfrog wrote:
I miss giving a friend an item other than ship-item, cards or food. I miss getting to go on random crafting sprees because I had the items and it didn't cost weeks to get them. I miss being in control of how I play this game.

I agree with everything frequentfrog said, but particularly the gifting. I loved gifting, now all it is airship items, food or swapping stamps. No fun at all.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 10, 16 9:56 AM
I agree with everyone from Sadie on down the list. What happened to the days when we would play for hours on end, enduring painful hands, missing meals and time with loved ones because we were addicted to this incredible fantasy? Reality has struck with a vengeance. It's just not worth even a minor inconvenience anymore. I'd rather watch politics

[Post New]by Tuff_Stuff on Mar 11, 16 8:50 AM
My response to losing the game entirely due to the 03-07 update that crashed so many of our games surprised me. I truly felt a loss because I could not play. I feel embarrassed that I am so addicted to a game.

Whether or not the developers have restored (or only adjusted) the drop rate for items in the HOScenes, I will continue to play, allbeit in a less obsessively compulsive manner. But it does appear that the situation has improved - time will tell. After all, I DID get to talk to the Keeper, but I still need to discover where the Dark Portal leads.

And wonder of wonders - I have actually earned some Diamonds in a Tournament - (I've spent them already though). And those players that no longer participate have been removed from the declined list.

Ezmerelda

SA__
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by SA__ on Mar 11, 16 11:47 AM
I was also surprised at how I felt when I couldn't access my game after the recent download. I was upset that I couldn't see the new content but was amazed that I wasn't really that bothered that I couldn't play and would have quite happily walked away if it couldn't be fixed.
This coming from a person that used to get up in the middle of the night or early morning to make sure I didn't miss a gifting slot or free spin of the wheel says a lot about how I feel about the game since the HOS drop rate changed. Even having previously taken a break to try to and get my enthusiasm going again didn't really work so I was only playing half heartedly doing as few HOS as possible for a few mins at a time rather than playing for several hours a day.
Hopefully the new content will inspire me to play more but I still can't face doing endless repetitive HOS day after day for coins or shards, I need to be rewarded with items to keep going. Unless they restore the HOS item drop I will continue to spend less time playing and feeling annoyed that it isn't the great game it once was.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Mar 11, 16 2:42 PM
Yet another update, and yet again the hatred of the defilement of the HOS is ignored; I guess that is the final nail in the coffin. Time to pack the bags and leave the castle (can't help thinking that is what they have been aiming for all along)

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 11, 16 2:58 PM
I agree chris 2 4. I do believe that the long time gamers are on the losing end of the stick. It is my opinion, (and only an opinion) that they don't want the long termer's because we have learned how to play the game without real cash. The new people that will come in will spend early and often, then leave only to be replaced with other new people. Of course the fact that some of us long term people have already spent real cash on this game, is not a factor. I think they want more new cash coming in more often. I have been doing some character quests that needed several times worth of murderer's eyes, I have been coming in 4 times a day to get the eyes. But they still want yet more of them. And to top it off, the daily quest wanted the 8 pointed star and both come from the crypt. In the old days, I would have had those in stock and been able to get more after I had used several. Those days are gone. I have none in stock. A person just starting out, would have purchased diamonds to get the murderer's eyes. I won't do that anymore. (I probably have purchased at least 6 batches of diamonds previously.) I wonder if they are using my own eyes (from my head) as I am about ready to murder or kill my game.

Myfishydog
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Myfishydog on Mar 12, 16 8:21 PM
I started the game just before Halloween and am ready to give up because I can't get inventory. I did not do the January update until this last update made it necessary so that helped. This is miserable. I agree that a "HOS" game should always give you a minimum of one item you need every time you bother with it. Since you cannot go in and out of them whenever you want due to timing it really is not fair to give a shard instead of inventory. All of you in the higher levels imagine starting now or being as I am at level 38. Since I work and can only play a short amount of time it is really frustrating. I have been contemplating quitting since Christmas. I get really tired of the quests where you have to go into the same HOS a half dozen times for different things and since I will not give BF and Elephant another penny it takes forever to do anything.

Leaving the pond soon also I think. I have purchased hundreds of games and feel really ripped off. I am sure Elephant is working on a new "Free to play" game and this one will soon be like FOUND...both Elephant games...
No more Elephant games for me.

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Mar 13, 16 6:26 AM
MC is just one big (happy?) family, right? Imagine a family where the kids, if they do all their chores, get ten bucks and one baseball card that they can sell ($1-$3) or trade with friends. Then the parents decide, oops, we are giving the kids way too much! So they change it to ten bucks plus an extra buck or a chit (150 gets you a new piece of furniture) or a baseball card once in a blue moon. The kids rebel, stop doing their chores. They can't trade with their friends so they go wild and cause havoc. You have to hire a maid to clean the house and a lawyer to get the kids out of juvie. Yeah, you finally realize your mistake and go back to the way things were, and you keep some of the kids from running away and heading into a life of crime, but not all. The longer it takes you to realize your mistake, the fewer kids you manage to save.

Edited on 03/13/2016 at 6:30:49 AM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on Mar 13, 16 6:28 AM
Myfishydog wrote:I started the game just before Halloween and am ready to give up because I can't get inventory. I did not do the January update until this last update made it necessary so that helped. This is miserable. I agree that a "HOS" game should always give you a minimum of one item you need every time you bother with it. Since you cannot go in and out of them whenever you want due to timing it really is not fair to give a shard instead of inventory. All of you in the higher levels imagine starting now or being as I am at level 38. Since I work and can only play a short amount of time it is really frustrating. I have been contemplating quitting since Christmas. I get really tired of the quests where you have to go into the same HOS a half dozen times for different things and since I will not give BF and Elephant another penny it takes forever to do anything.

Leaving the pond soon also I think. I have purchased hundreds of games and feel really ripped off. I am sure Elephant is working on a new "Free to play" game and this one will soon be like FOUND...both Elephant games...
No more Elephant games for me.

I have to agree. I also didn't do the up-date until I was forced to! And to be honest.... I even started another game ( without up-dating), hoping to gather enough inventory to pass along to my main game, Shadow... Yeah, right.... then comes the forced up-date... In a Nut Shell... My second game is doing no better than the first and it's only on level 13.... so yeah, the lower players are having just as hard a time with inventory as those of us, sitting... twiddling our thumbs. Only... I know not to purchase anything! Some of the newer players probably haven't found the forum yet and don't realize what's going on... or how this game used to play! My suggestion still holds.... Move the 15 coin and 1 lousy shard to the flower drop! If I want more coins or shards, I'll go flower picking! We're not getting the inventory we should be getting.... And then they drop in the Destiny Keys... just to eat it up more? You have got to be kidding me!! Like I said before... my BANK IS CLOSED until this fiasco is fixed.... only then, will I help support this game!

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

Edited on 03/13/2016 at 6:30:50 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 13, 16 11:58 AM
I did a full round last night (my first since 1/20), just to see if the percentage of HOS items dropping has changed. It has. They are worse than ever. I received 18% HOS items, the other 82% was coins and shards. There are however I notice, more shards dropping than coins now, so it is roughly 18% HOS, 41% coins, 41% shards I will say, that before the update to fix Win 10, it appeared to me that HOS drops had increased to 33% with the 3/7 update. It seems to change with each update, but HOS drops have never been higher than the 33% on 3/7 since this change all started on 1/20.

Go to: