Jypsiex
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sunken Secrets (PC) here.

[Post New]by Jypsiex on Nov 2, 17 9:51 PM
Zuzana1955 wrote:this is not for me( VNTBAAAA win 10) there is a player name jc says they need help but nothing is showing it has been at least 5 days now can you help?

yep I have experienced this one as well. It has actually been going on since August.

bfgBeruna
1,352 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 4, 17 5:54 PM
Hello musicaltwotimer and Jypsiex,

I'm swimming over to provide some help.

musicaltwotimer: Welcome to the forums! It sounds like a new computer will be bought in the near future. Please record your current game's in-game ID somewhere safe; when the new computer has been purchased and a new game begun, contact our Sunken Secrets Support Team with both the old and the new games' codes. They'll be able to transfer your progress for you.

Jypsiex: I would also recommend contacting our Support Team with your in-game ID. They'll be the best equipped to continue troubleshooting with you, since the usual solutions have been tried and not worked. Once they're contacted they'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

I hope these suggestions prove helpful. If there are any remaining questions, please feel free to PM me or another moderator. We'll be glad to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by virgonana2448 on Nov 5, 17 10:11 AM
I just started having the same problem today. Was playing fine this morning, left the game for about 30 minutes and came back to set off balloons...now it won't let me in. Keep getting the same error message. Very frustrating, to say the least!

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 10:25 AM
Hi virgonana2448,

It sounds like an error message is coming up when trying to play. That could definitely be frustrating! Let's see if we can get things working better. When there's trouble launching the game, we recommend reinstalling first; when that doesn't do the trick, running it as Administrator may resolve the issue. The following link has steps for these two subjects:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer)

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please reach out to our Sunken Secrets Support Team for further assistance. It may help them to have your in-game ID as well.

You can always reach out to me or another one of our active Moderators with additional questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/05/2017 at 12:08:36 PM PST

[Post New]by virgonana2448 on Nov 5, 17 12:03 PM
Thank you so much! There were no updates to do, so I used the uninstall/reinstall instructions and that got it working again. I was afraid I would lose all progress if I uninstalled, but luckily I didn't! Lost a full balloon, but would rather do that than all progress! Thanks again and especially for the quick reply!

[Post New]by virgonana2448 on Nov 5, 17 4:14 PM
Well...so much for "fixed" issues. Hate to say it, but several hours after uninstalling/reinstalling and having the game work again, the same error message is coming up again, saying it is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Same message that others ahead of me have reported. Obviously a glitch somewhere, when it has worked for several months with no issue until today. Hoping I don't have to keep reinstalling this game.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 5, 17 4:20 PM
Hi virgonana2448,

I'm sorry to hear the trouble came back! Reinstalling every day would definitely not be fun. If the remaining tips in the Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Computer) aren't resolving the issue for good, please send a message to our Sunken Secrets Support Team that includes your in-game ID. They'll be able to continue assisting from this point.

You're also more than welcome to send a PM to me or any of our other active Moderators at anytime. We'll do everything we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Sleepyscarf on Nov 7, 17 10:23 AM
Hi. My game is saying i can't visit other players or friends as I have to update, but the last update was in august, which I have done.
This is becoming a real pain one as its been going on for over 3 weeks.
I can't visit to help or ask for help. I can't go to their shops. I can't visit new players either.
I play via kindle (amazon).

bfgBeruna
1,352 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 7, 17 11:17 AM
Hello Sleepyscarf,

Welcome to the forums and the Sunken Secrets community! I'm so glad you've joined us and can definitely provide more information about the message being received.

Sometimes players receive a message advising them to update their games when they visit friends' Islands because they're running later versions of the game than their friends. In reality, the friends whose islands are being visited are the ones who need to update their games. I apologize if the message caused any confusion. Until your friends install the latest update, there will be trouble visiting their islands.

If you have any more questions, please PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to provide all of the answers we can.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by NSolara on Nov 12, 17 10:37 AM
I am very disappointed and upset with this game. As with all games there are problems that I feel would make the game better if they were fixed, but for a free game could live with them. But there are a few that just irritate you.
When I started this game I was not sure if I would like it and continue to play it so I did not purchase the starter pack. And have put up with the snotty message while playing. "Oh, too bad! This was included in the Starter Pack. Too late to buy it now, but at least you're not just starting out!" Then when the Wizard Pack came out I could not buy it due to being broke. So now I have the additional snotty message "This was in the Wizard Pack! Hard to believe you didn't buy it when you had the chance...". I simply do not understand how a game can offer something special and not give players the opportunity to purchase it later.
But this latest problem was the last straw. I have worked hard and spent money on this game to get to level 58. I have seen the decorations for the 3 events at level 58 and wanted to earn them. The events being "Palace Perfection!", "Pop Goes The Palace!", and "Palace Pick Up!". Well I am now at level 59 and was NOT offered the events to win the decorations. I am beyond upset. After all the work I put in and the money I spent, to not even be offered the event. I feel cheated.
It seems to me that the developers and Big Fish have just given up on this game. So I am too. This game was the reason I was continuing my Big Fish account. Consequently, not only will I be quitting the game, but my account as well. Very disappointed. I always thought better of your company.

bfgArinelle
292 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 12, 17 12:02 PM
Hello NSolara,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the game. I certainly understand how not having an event pop up after it's been expected could be frustrating. We don't have the tools to look into this subject on the Forums, so the best course would be to reach out to our Sunken Secrets Support Team for assistance. They have access to tools that our Forum Moderation Team does not, so they're best equipped to try to help with the missed events in some way. When sending them a message, please include your in-game ID.

As always, you're welcome to PM me or one of our other Moderators if you have additional questions or concerns. We'll do everything we can to answer questions and provide the assistance we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/12/2017 at 12:08:28 PM PST

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Nov 14, 17 8:17 AM
PEARLS

I am spending a small fortune on them, usually having to buy £5 worth every other day. My mine, log maker, brick builder in fact everything keeps constantly asking me for two pearls every time I want to refill them with work. It's getting to the point where the game is costing me far too much money.

Like an idiot I was accepting this but I have made a friend who also plays on her PC and she doesn't have this happen unless she wants something built quickly. Now I can understand that but I get requests every day and on each machine that can be costly.

So what do I do about it?

My Game ID is DSLBAAAA. Thank you. If needs be can you forward this to whoever it should go to. Thanks again.

bfgIlinalta
3,121 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 14, 17 4:35 PM
Hello GoldenGem_01,

While this doesn't appear to be a technical issue, I can absolutely understand wanting to learn more about how to not use that in-game currency to continue playing. Your friend is correct that players do not need to spend pearls to merely fill the machines that are empty. This is a free to play game and in-app purchases are not required in order to play.

Players may choose to spend pearls to speed up production or to purchase more slots to fill a station with, but it is optional to use pearls and is not required to play the game or fill a station with work orders. Players just need to select the appropriate item or items they would like to create by clicking on and dragging them to the sparkling machine or station itself, rather than the slots showing what is being produced. This should help with not spending pearls to fill your machine.

If you are seeing requests to spend pearls specifically on those machines and stations, please contact our Sunken Secrets Support Team with a screenshot of those requests and that in-game ID (DSLBAAAA) you have provided here. Our Reps will take a look and see what might be happening with that.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 11/14/2017 at 4:36:53 PM PST

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Nov 15, 17 12:10 AM
Thank you for your speedy answer and I think I am going to have to take screenshots and contact your Support team with the screenshots - you really don't want to know how much I have spent on pearls to keep playing the game and I hope my hubby never finds out.

mdpetdoc
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,129 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Nov 18, 17 12:20 PM
NSolara wrote:I am very disappointed and upset with this game. As with all games there are problems that I feel would make the game better if they were fixed, but for a free game could live with them. But there are a few that just irritate you.
When I started this game I was not sure if I would like it and continue to play it so I did not purchase the starter pack. And have put up with the snotty message while playing. "Oh, too bad! This was included in the Starter Pack. Too late to buy it now, but at least you're not just starting out!" Then when the Wizard Pack came out I could not buy it due to being broke. So now I have the additional snotty message "This was in the Wizard Pack! Hard to believe you didn't buy it when you had the chance...". I simply do not understand how a game can offer something special and not give players the opportunity to purchase it later.
But this latest problem was the last straw. I have worked hard and spent money on this game to get to level 58. I have seen the decorations for the 3 events at level 58 and wanted to earn them. The events being "Palace Perfection!", "Pop Goes The Palace!", and "Palace Pick Up!". Well I am now at level 59 and was NOT offered the events to win the decorations. I am beyond upset. After all the work I put in and the money I spent, to not even be offered the event. I feel cheated.
It seems to me that the developers and Big Fish have just given up on this game. So I am too. This game was the reason I was continuing my Big Fish account. Consequently, not only will I be quitting the game, but my account as well. Very disappointed. I always thought better of your company.

Hi NSolara and Welcome to the Forum,

There are more requirements to get the three Palace events than just reaching level 58. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser to see additional requirements.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/871956.page

If you have more questions, please post in the regular threads and ask TMGamer99 for more information. He is the forum "expert" on the events.

There were players having problems with getting the events to trigger but they seemed to have been resolved a few months ago.

[Post New]by __stardust__ on Nov 21, 17 8:17 AM
Um....this is not a problem regarding SunkenSecrets as such, but rather the Game Manager (sorry, I didn't know where to put ist!).

I was just playing along and then I closed the game. When I wanted to open it again, it does not react in the Game Manager. (When I click on the icon on my desktop, it says there's a problem and I have to wait until it's solved)

I checked for updates, but none are available.

What can I do? Sorry again for posting this here....perhaps someone has the same problem?

xoxo

bfgIlinalta
3,121 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 21, 17 4:35 PM
Hello __stardust__,

I'm sorry that this is happening while using the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager). In this case, the first suggestion I recommend is uninstalling the Big Fish Games app and reinstalling it. For further steps on how to do this, please see our article on how to below:

Reinstall the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager)

If you are seeing the same issue even after doing those steps, more assistance may be necessary. Please contact our Sunken Secrets Support Team with details of what you are experiencing, such as the verbatim message received when an error occurs or a screenshot of that issue. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to look further into that.

Just in case, the following page contains steps for taking a screenshot, if that would be a helpful in getting that message to our Reps should the issue continue:

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your time and patience. I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by __stardust__ on Nov 22, 17 8:42 AM
Hello bfgIlinalta !

Thanks for your help - it worked and I can play again now!

xoxo

bfgIlinalta
3,121 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 22, 17 3:13 PM
I'm glad to hear that __stardust__! Happy gaming and holiday to you and yours!

bfgIlinalta

Go to: