Angel61400
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Problems with game - issues to be fixed in update?

[Post New]by Angel61400 on Sep 20, 10 2:18 PM
Sometimes I wonder how much beta testing goes into these games...

Anyway, I have found two problems so far. (These are also mentioned in the reviews of the game by others of the forums, but I wanted an attention-getting thread name for would-be buyers of the game).

Problem #1: The Oil Barrel mini-game doesn't work. After you click the first two cards (its a matching game), the game doesn't allow you to click anymore. As with the other mini-games you can skip it, so the problem does not hinder overall game play.

Problem #2: The Recycled Steel Houses. Clicking on Recycled Steel House 1 makes House 2, clicking on House 2 makes House 3, and clicking on House 3 makes House 1. Again, it doesn't hinder game play, but it is annoying.

Everyone feel free to add more if you find them.

Angel61400
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Problems with game - issues to be fixed in update?

[Post New]by Angel61400 on Sep 20, 10 6:37 PM
Problem/Error #3: Downtown Transport, Level 4 = "Restaurant" is misspelled in the objectives.

Angel61400
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Angel61400 on Sep 21, 10 2:13 PM
Problem/Error #5: You cannot get the "Rare Plant Card 2" Achievement at the end of the game until you replay another level. Instead of giving the completing a district achievements at the end of level 5, the game awards them when you load the next level you play. Once you finish all the levels, you need to reload any of the levels in the game so you can get the achievement.

Another thing I've noticed, (not exactly a problem/error): Heart of the Island, Level 5 objective: "Apply 4 updates to 5 Houses." Do not try to achieve this making apartments/hotels or the Villa. I tried with the Villa (since it gives the biggest income) and it doesn't work. It seems all the other houses do work. Not really a error, but I thought I'd mention it.

Like people mentioned in another thread, the woman who keeps popping up throughout the game gets very irritating eventually. At first it isn't a big deal, but I started getting frustrated with her because she constantly popped up. She really didn't need to alert me that one of my houses/businesses was on fire, it was pretty obvious. I wished there had been an option to get rid of her.

Luckily, although some of the problems/errors in this game are annoying, none of them hinder the game. Some of the problems/errors (like the oil barrel mini-game) are frustrating in that anyone betaing the game would have noticed them. (Which makes you wonder if anyone thoroughly did so.)

Although I've mentioned several problems with the game, I actually really liked it. I like the environmental aspect and I found the game pretty challenging at times.

Edited on 09/21/2010 at 2:15:43 PM PST

[Post New]by tommybeck on Oct 4, 10 11:34 AM
Sometimes when click to build a house it charges me twice on money and Materials, goes even into negative stock, so it takes forever after that to get back up on money and materials.

sidney00
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sidney00 on Nov 21, 10 10:09 AM
The awards do not all get awarded! I like to challenge myself to get the awards!

Once I found it impossible to get all the awards in timed mode, I played in relaxed as that still gives you awards when earned.

I cannot get the upgrades on all new houses even though I've upgraded every new house with everything.

Also, I cannot get the awards for all district upgrades applied and the one for all district upgrades applied in one level even though I've done this too numerous times in numerous levels.

All buildings built once, along with the recycling in every level and car charge in every level (which you cannot build in the tutorial) also do not get awarded. Again, I know I did these things several times over.

Anyone else bothered by this? Will there be a fix? I'm pretty disappointed that I bought this game not being able to earn all the awards.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jul 2, 11 4:19 PM
Residential District Level 4: The objective to apply Waste Recycling to four buildings does not compute properly, and has actually got me stuck and unable to progress any further in the game as this is the only level I have to play. How the heck am I to complete it if it won't count my applications of that ability? Additionally, the same level requires that all buildings have the Thermal Paint upgrade, yet before I even do anything that box is check-marked and that objective is green...

Fix for this stuff coming?

Edited on 07/02/2011 at 4:20:41 PM PST

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Jul 8, 11 12:16 AM
Timbuctu wrote:Residential District Level 4: The objective to apply Waste Recycling to four buildings does not compute properly, and has actually got me stuck and unable to progress any further in the game as this is the only level I have to play.

I was just stuck there too & came in to see if there was an answer...I started the game again to try once more & it now says 4 Zero Energy Building and was able to finish.

Hope this helps.

Abbey

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jul 31, 11 6:24 PM
Yup, re-did the level, saw the message that preceded it, figured it out...but still, could have been made more clear developers.

Go to: