bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Goddess Chronicles technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Sep 22, 10 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

lyn58
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any Goddess Chronicles technical issues here only

[Post New]by lyn58 on Sep 22, 10 5:44 AM
Once more, another game I can not play. I get to the play screen and no buttons will work. I had to control-alt-delete to escape. My computer says the game is not responding. Ya think. Maybe its my computer. Anyone have any ideas ?????

janetc57
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by janetc57 on Sep 22, 10 6:15 AM
i am having the same problem, i tried to uninstall and reinstall but to no avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by gamegal2010 on Sep 22, 10 6:27 AM
same problem for me as well. I waited to get the first screen up and I cannot pick up the first item. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail, I can't get the game to respond. Very boring, Not a good game. If you're having any trouble getting this game working, just uninstall and forget about the trouble. better gaming next time!!!

mdcrab13
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by mdcrab13 on Sep 22, 10 7:23 AM
I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED THIS GAME 3 TIMES NOW AND NOTHING WORKS! NO BUTTONS WORK. THE MENU BUTTON, THE HINT BUTTON - NOTHING. I GO TO PICK UP THE OBJECT I AM TO GET AND NOTHING WORKS EXCEPT THAT OBNOXIOUS VOICE TELLING ME WHAT TO DO. MUST HIT THE CONTROL-ALT-DELETE TO GET OUT! WHAT GIVES WITH THAT!!!

Jaiquithe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Jaiquithe on Sep 22, 10 8:02 AM
I'm having the same problem...again....with this game as I had with the Vampire game. What's going on at Big Fish that nothing seems to work as it should?

I also had to use the Control-Alt-Delete to get out of the game, as nothing else seemed to work. No hints, no menu button, nothing...but some guy telling me that a part of the object I'm looking for is here on the floor. I can SEE the thing is there on the floor...I just can't pick it up.

*sighs*

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 8:04:15 AM PST

[Post New]by bonbon6820 on Sep 22, 10 8:50 AM
Same problem.At least cursor moves when I got rid of full screen. This is the second game in a week. Haven't tried uninstalling. Big Fish games are going to the dogs!!!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 22, 10 10:02 AM
This game installed fine so ok..good start, away we go...playing first scene, got all the objects and nothing left to find and you can't move forward. Game is waiting for you to find something, but what??? Tried hint button and it says to put the hint orb on the item you want to find, HUH? There are NO MORE ITEMS to find. Uninstall and send back to devs for a little tweaking.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Sep 22, 10 10:58 AM
peeshee_1951 wrote:This game installed fine so ok..good start, away we go...playing first scene, got all the objects and nothing left to find and you can't move forward. Game is waiting for you to find something, but what??? Tried hint button and it says to put the hint orb on the item you want to find, HUH? There are NO MORE ITEMS to find. Uninstall and send back to devs for a little tweaking.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 22, 10 12:53 PM
I THINK I HAVE HAD ENOUGH...did a 'try it' and it came up as trial expired...now that funny cuz i have not even tried it before....WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON...this now going into weeks of BOO BOO's...had my computer updated and virus' zapped yesterday....thought i could at least maybe had problem prior but now this.....am very dissappointed, too tired to vent!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 22, 10 1:28 PM
Hey Fishies,

Sometimes a game can freeze if an update is available for your system, so if you'd like to see if an update will help, please look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Still having the same issue? Please write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report -- this is a report that gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. It will not make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. This report will be able to determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Nansky69
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by Nansky69 on Sep 23, 10 3:12 AM
I couldn't even get it to install, tried again, same thing. Not inspired enough to try again, it's a NO NO for me.

AkerWoman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by AkerWoman on Sep 23, 10 6:55 AM
I've installed, deleted and reinstalled again and when I try to open the game I get an error message "Access violation at 0x10162DC5 (tried to read from 0x00000000). program terminated". Now I can't close the Error Message.

[Post New]by ajgray_88 on Sep 23, 10 8:10 AM
I couldnt even collect the first item, it kept telling me it was there but it wont select

Trekkie7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Trekkie7 on Sep 23, 10 10:30 AM
I'm having the same problem. It won't select the first handle object and then it just gets stuck. Another game that doesn't work . . .

scout64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scout64 on Sep 23, 10 12:58 PM
I'm sure there are now about at least 4 games I've not been able to play, since either the cursor does not change, or simply does noting at all. I give up!!

Dittywah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Dittywah on Sep 23, 10 4:42 PM
Well, it must have something to do with our computers, cuz Like one of you said, it also happened with a vampire game. And Big Fish is ALWAYS installing new stubs. So I guess I'll just have to try another game. Looked kind of cute tho. Least I didn't pay for it. Love why the heroine is almost always a red head.

bestpbx
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bestpbx on Sep 23, 10 10:28 PM
What is the deal with providing these games with all these kinks? Not everyone has a super computer at home... most of us have just plain ol' PC's.

If it makes any difference to the powers behind Big Fish, I just delete games that hang up like this one and forget them.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Sep 23, 10 10:47 PM
I didn't even get to play the game. I was reading the help section before I started, and the game froze on page 3. Could not go any further, Had to shut down computer. Guess I will wait a while on this one til the bugs are out.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Sep 25, 10 12:54 PM
I have the same problem as lyn58.Any ideas?

Go to: