I never in all the games I have ever played

[Post New]by teachscndgrade48 on Sep 22, 10 3:47 PM
seen a more ridiculous waste of money.....I immediately uninstalled it about ten minutes after I bought it....Unreal!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:I never in all the games I have ever played

[Post New]by kelnjor on Sep 22, 10 5:14 PM
yep, it certainly is one of those games, you are either going to love or hate....very different game

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Sep 22, 10 11:30 PM
This is not for me either.

I liked the fact that the puzzles within the game where really different to anything else that I have played but unfortunately that was all I liked.

To me it seems like a glorified version of one of those books where you choose your adventure by turning to certain pages.

If you like this sort of thing great, or if you want to use the game as a tool to get children reading then fine (older children that is as it does contain some scary themes) but for me I would not go near this game again.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Sep 24, 10 10:37 AM
not for me either. after 3 minutes and clicking as fast as i could through all the talk i had enough. when i want to read a book i'll get one out. when i want to play a game, i'll click on mystery case files and have a good time. this is a poor version of anything called a game. and whats with the click on everything in the kitchen to see what it is about.? we know what kitchen items do. then they go on talking again after you see what a microwave etc are for.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 24, 10 10:41 AM
This is a VISUAL NOVEL with 14 possible endings - that, incidently, has some minigames! And its one my favorites of the genre.
I'm no teenager or child.

Edited on 09/24/2010 at 11:40:12 AM PST

siladan
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by siladan on Jul 15, 14 7:27 AM
This game is not for everyone, it's true, but I love it. I am a big fan of otome games and buy them all the time for my cell phone and my kindle. I wish Big Fish had more of them, I would buy every one.... and I'm not a child, either.

One of my favorites is Yo-Jin-Bo. You have to get it from a third party site, but I used PayPal and all was fine. Google 'otome games' for more info into this genre. Voltage, Winter Wolves, and Hanako are good places to start.

If you ever get really plugged into one of these games, you are addicted. There are websites and forums dedicated to the genre... mostly Japanese, but more English sites are added every day.

Some gamers have gone so far as to invest in a good Japanese-to-English dictionary so that they can have more games to play. Thankfully, otome games are gaining a huge following here in the US and they will be easier to find as more and more of them are translated into English.

Go to: