Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

Cheat Codes for Puzzles not working why?

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 22, 10 3:48 PM
Please help the cheat for the puzzles is not working. I clicked on F 10 as you said. A box comes up and says ...enter code" I type skip_puzzle and than hit ok.....it comes up compilation error abort or ignore....so I abort and get kicked back to desktop. i try again and this time when the box comes up I type skip_puzzle 262 and hit OK...again same thing happens. One last attempt at your code I click on F10 and code box comes up saying enter code...i type 262 same error message comes up abort or ignore
ignore leaves me in the puzzle abort kicks me out of the game. I can't figure out the diary and want to purchase the game.

What were the game designers thinking not to put a simple SKIP

If I can't figure out how to use the code I will not buy the game. Please can someone tell me what I am doing wrong for the code not to work. Thanks in advance.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Cheat Codes for Puzzles not working why?

[Post New]by kelnjor on Sep 22, 10 5:20 PM
i demo'd this game yesterday, and i did notice in the forums, someone had listed all the codes for the puzzles..so you may want to check this out. yes i had a bit of trouble with the diary, i think as the graphics are a bit rough, i found if i started from the middle, and worked out around from the centre piece, i got it quite easy. just match up the "reflections"..hope this helps.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 22, 10 6:00 PM
hi Keinjor thank you for responding. i read the cheats here on BFG and that is how I found out to push the F10 key for the cheat code box to come up. However when I type in the code an error occurs and says abort...ignore... abort crashes to my desktop ignore goes back to puzzle.

I applaud you that you were able to solve the diary. Starting from the middle what is the image suppose to look like? Is it suppose to look like it is connecting? Will the pieces lock into place when you get one of the rings correct?

I want to buy the game but without the SKIP for puzzle or the cheat code working it will be a waste of money. Did you use the cheat codes? Thanks for your reply back or anyone else that has answers to these questions

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 22, 10 6:13 PM
To skip a puzzle, hit F10. A window will come up asking you
to enter a code. Type in

skip_puzzle( )

[Don't forget the parentheses.]

Then you will be prompted for a code number. This number is different
for every puzzle.
Once a puzzle has been passed, even with the cheat code, it can be skipped
on later plays by bringing up the control menu from the circle-cross and
choosing Exit Puzzle.

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 22, 10 8:06 PM
Thank you Jkuci I just purchased the game because you taught me how to use the cheat code WOW in this game I need it. The problem was I didn't type in the parenthesis 2 of them. I am enjoying the game I must admit. Never would have bought this without the cheat code working though.

[Post New]by Smoke_w on Sep 22, 10 9:21 PM
so sorry i didn't get back to you at 1 or 2 this afternoon when i got the answer, but while i was testing the solution (the parenthesis) i got so involved with the game that i quite forgot why i was playing. who needs dinner or TV shows?

hope everyone realizes getting all the puzzle codes is a great big game spoiler. got to agree a skip button in the game would have helped immensely.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 22, 10 9:27 PM
Okaaay, how do I find the puzzle code?

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 22, 10 9:47 PM
LadyDream wrote:Okaaay, how do I find the puzzle code?

Fatal Heart puzzle cheat codes
Cheat codes for the puzzles:

enter cheat code click on f10 than enter:
skip_puzzle( )

Then you enter a number

Here is the most complete list of code skip numbers I've

discovered:

spiderwebs:90
opening the book:262
cellfone puzzle:580
Escaping the Police:975
Cleaning the House:35
The Soccer Game:335
The Car Chase:645
The Board Game:1230
The Clock Puzzle:1350
Tracing the Rune:110
Eight-Pointed-Star:485
Box of Runes:545
Crowded Mall:545
Hiding in Leaves:200
Frisbee Toss:530
Zener Cards:630
Measuring Flour:980
Playing Tag:1071
Battling the Cult:1380
Rose Petals:75
Wolfriemen Translation:330
Opening the Safe:435
Playing Joust:655
Picking the Lock:350
Searching the Bedroom:125
Magic Circle Arrows:766
The Dreamcatcher:80
Piggy Bank:190
Decrypting The Book:335
The Hospital Map:750
In The Bottle:175
The Dumbwaiter:210
Cooking Macaroni:400
The Rune Keypad:500
Shopping In Secret:240
Magic Wards Maze:470
Cultist Hooks:660

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 22, 10 9:49 PM
Smoke_w wrote:so sorry i didn't get back to you at 1 or 2 this afternoon when i got the answer, but while i was testing the solution (the parenthesis) i got so involved with the game that i quite forgot why i was playing. who needs dinner or TV shows?

hope everyone realizes getting all the puzzle codes is a great big game spoiler. got to agree a skip button in the game would have helped immensely.

Sometimes you just want to get on with the stories and then come back to play the puzzles - that's how I use them, anyway.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 9:50:21 PM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 22, 10 10:01 PM
thanks! I just can't get the cell phone to work even with the correct answer. Wasted most of my demo time trying to figure the darn thing out.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 22, 10 10:07 PM
Oh great. Now it crashes when I type in the skip_puzzle() but it took it before. This game is not for me, but I would have liked to have given it a better chance...

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 22, 10 11:01 PM
Hi Ladydream I am sorry you are giving up on the game. I love the story and the way
it will have 14 endings depending on our choices. The puzzles needed a skip but
with the cheat code I know I will play it until I see all 14 endings. Getting a lot of game
for our money. Now if only it had voices wouldn't that have been great. Oh well thanks everyone who helped me figure out how to use the cheat code, first time I have ever had to use one in a casual game. LOL

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 22, 10 11:36 PM

Its one of my favorite Visual Novels...and I'm older than dirt, not a teenager like someone on another thread said would be the only audience for this multi-ending story.

I do like to read, though. He was right about that part.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Sep 23, 10 8:58 AM
Yeah, from what I read here, if I could have gotten it to play I probably would have bought it. I love to read and it evidently gets into werewolves or something. Now I'm always going to wonder what happened, LOL.

Edited to add: I'm older than dirt too. I'm also working on a graphic novel. I have a friend who actually makes these games....she's older than I am. This game reminded me a bit of those awful films we had to watch in school, make the wrong choice and you are road pizza!

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 9:05:05 AM PST

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Sep 24, 10 6:16 AM
Sherryah wrote:hi Keinjor thank you for responding. i read the cheats here on BFG and that is how I found out to push the F10 key for the cheat code box to come up. However when I type in the code an error occurs and says abort...ignore... abort crashes to my desktop ignore goes back to puzzle.

I applaud you that you were able to solve the diary. Starting from the middle what is the image suppose to look like? Is it suppose to look like it is connecting? Will the pieces lock into place when you get one of the rings correct?

I want to buy the game but without the SKIP for puzzle or the cheat code working it will be a waste of money. Did you use the cheat codes? Thanks for your reply back or anyone else that has answers to these questions

Hi, i am not sure if you have already skipped this puzzle, but as the centre circle does not move, i just rotated the next one until it "matched" you will know, as it is like a puzzle..the 2 joining, then matched the next and so on. it won't let you know if is correct until you have done them all right, then it will automatically open..hope this helps

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Sep 25, 10 2:34 PM
Ah! Thank you thank you so much for the cheat codes!!! We could not get past the clock puzzle and it seemed a shame that we could not play anymore without it.

We are going to try out the code for the clock right now!!!

[Post New]by linamotto on Apr 4, 13 10:45 PM
I hit f10 but nothing comes up no small screen nothing whats going no?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 5, 13 4:21 AM
Welcome to the Pond linamott!

Hmmmm, I am not too sure why that box is not appearing for you, that is odd.

So that we can take a closer look at this with you, I would suggest contacting our our Tech Support Team.

Also, because it may be that something about your set up may be blocking this function, it would be great if you could run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in the help request as this will allow them to make specific suggestions from the outset.

I really hope this is sorted out for you soon and thank you for working with us.

bfgBaikal

Go to: